Could You Ever Turn Your Back On The Falcons And Root For Another Team?

FalconinPA

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and alot of other people. We were just talking about this last week at work.

Oh man, and some guys really have the ymph to sit and try and compare up to last year's Packers....what is that? First football is starting to suck anyways, then Falcons football is starting to suck, and so now we have the "We are the Packers (in We Are the Champions tune)" crowd posting nonsense and giving realistic folks the backhand.

Have you noticed that guys like Gritz, Supes, Tandy, and a few others have disappeared? That's a VERY clear sign that we are going downhill. I am just dumbfounded, befuddled, and freaking mad at the whole thing. Football is the ONLY sport that I even like and its starting to really suck man. Just on a high level.

Oh man, and some guys really have the ymph to sit and try and compare up to last year's Packers....what is that? First football is starting to suck anyways, then Falcons football is starting to suck, and so now we have the "We are the Packers (in We Are the Champions tune)" crowd posting nonsense and giving realistic folks the backhand.

Have you noticed that guys like Gritz, Supes, Tandy, and a few others have disappeared? That's a VERY clear sign that we are going downhill. I am just dumbfounded, befuddled, and freaking mad at the whole thing. Football is the ONLY sport that I even like and its starting to really suck man. Just on a high level.

Yeah, I too am sick of the fans trying to compare us to last years packers. I guess it is just some people's way of trying to deal with the fact that we aren't that great of a football team right now. Looking for any motivation to deal with our slow start. I watch baseball and basketball here and there(Braves and Hawks) but yes football is the only one that I am passionate about. It is a dam* shame to watch what football is becoming.

Yes, I noticed that Gritz, Tandy, and Supes have disappeared? Didn't know if it was because of us going downhill or not being able to deal with all the new people on the board.

Yeah, I too am sick of the fans trying to compare us to last years packers. I guess it is just some people's way of trying to deal with the fact that we aren't that great of a football team right now. Looking for any motivation to deal with our slow start. I watch baseball and basketball here and there(Braves and Hawks) but yes football is the only one that I am passionate about. It is a dam* shame to watch what football is becoming.

Yes, I noticed that Gritz, Tandy, and Supes have disappeared? Didn't know if it was because of us going downhill or not being able to deal with all the new people on the board.

Little bit of both, I'm there as well. Falcan Moore just called me out on the fact that I haven't left yet, but I was trying to find a reason not to give up. Like a couple other good guys I know. I'm just bummed about this squad, but hey that's how it goes. LOL!!!

Guest King Shot

LOL absolutely not.

Me and a lot of other people on this board get accused of being "bandwagon fans" because we criticize the coaches and players and GM every week.

The key part of that sentence is EVERY WEEK. We're here, watching and rooting for this team and getting pissed off when we fail.

That's the exact opposite definition of a "bangwagon fan."

LOL absolutely not.

Me and a lot of other people on this board get accused of being "bandwagon fans" because we criticize the coaches and players and GM every week.

The key part of that sentence is EVERY WEEK. We're here, watching and rooting for this team and getting pissed off when we fail.

That's the exact opposite definition of a "bangwagon fan."

Yeah, nothing wrong with a little criticism when your team isn't doing well. Some fans just don't understand that you can be a real fan but still express your opinions if the team iand coaches are not doing their jobs. I know I get pissed we we fail, but I am also usued too it as well.

Never! Born and raised in Hawaii and have been a Falcons fan since the late 70's. Not much here, lot of Raiders, Cowboys, 49ers and Steelers fans. The 80's were the hardest for me growing up in a family that were all 49er fans and they being in the same Division. The only positive thing was that I knew the game would be televised in Hawaii when the two teams played. Also, you know how hard it is to get any falcons items (jerseys, caps, etc).

Always have and always will be a Falcons fan, despite the type of season they have. As for your barber, Holy c$%p! No shame!

....I read the Message Boards often but have never registered...your post inspired me to register to show my support for the Falcons! Thanks.

could never turn my back on our Falcons. I'm glad to see all these posts on all these issues about the Falcons 'cause it means we have knowledgeable and emotional fans. It shows we love our team ,even if we get EXTREMELY upset over what we perceive as problems with it. Remember this....without us fans.. THEY would not be here.

I might have worded my title wrong, I should have said turn your back on the Falcons, and switch another team to follow. I root for other teams all the time.

I have always been a Pittsburg and Indianapolis follower....I love the Falcons {no matter what} and would never turn my back on them....especially if they are playing the two teams i just mentioned.

....don't think I'm faithful?

I had the directv NFL sunday ticket in HD...which as an extra $100...the year ....."he who shall not be mentioned"..was coaching.......

didn't stop being a fan then...sure as **** not gonna panic now.... BOOYAH!!!

As a kid I was a running back who played on a team called the Bears so naturally I was a big fan of Walter Payton and kind of liked the Bears. I was as I still am a Falcons fan first and would watch every game. Then they would lose and sometimes the Bears would be the next game so I would root for them.

I never stopped rooting for the Falcons since I started watching around '74. Now days if I'm watching a game other than the Falcons and the team team is not in the division or competing for a spot in the playoffs with the Falcons I usually pull for the underdog like the Lions but make no mistake all my Falcons stuff is proudly on display no matter what happens. If I wore another teams jersey I would consider myself a traitor.

I do remember being at the Dome when the Dolphins were playing and there was this 20 something guy with his Henne jersey on. The Falcons started lighting them up and the guy disappears around half time and no lie he came back wearing a Ryan jersey on top of his Dolphins jersey. Yeah, I gave him a little **** for it because I thought it was funny.

I am not even from Georgia, and I could never see myself switching teams, especially not now. I think the Falcons have already hit its lowest point and if you stuck with them through that (Vick and Quitrino), you can stick with them through anything. I do however have a second and a third fav teams, Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Oregon Ducks, but the Falcons with always be my number one love till I die.

I grew up watching the Falcons, my dad had season tickets were he worked at and more often than not he would bring me to the games , I was just a kid but I remember watching Tommy Nobis,Randy Johnson play,as we all know at times it hasnt been fun watching this team, most every year I watch with hope that mabe this will be our year... and it just hasn't happened, but through all this there have been many times Ive been frustrated, disgusted and turned off almost to the point of not wanting to watch them play again, but I would be lost on Sundays without them there is no way I could follow another team, Ive been married to this team since 1966, for better or worse I'm here to support them.

nope. Love the Falcons too much.

I'll always show a preference to other teams in neutral matchups, but I can't miss a falcons game, even if we do stink it up.

For all major changing team allegiance queries, please give FlyHighFalcons a call. He must be on the Ravens boards by now.