I Have It...the Solution To The Tale Of Two Halves

ol'_dirty2

Instead of letting Mularkey and BVG take a mental break during halftime, have them just stay where they are when the team runs into the lockerrom. They are to keep the headsets on and continue to call plays and covereages through the halftime period (even while whatever performance is being conducted). biggrin.png Once the rest of the coaches and players come back out the two of them will be "into a groove" and be at their best for the remainder of the game. It's taken me a couple weeks of observation to craft this theory. I'm pretty sure it's the solution to the problem...thoughts?

I think the coaching staff should put all their wildest, most productive plays in a hat and draw them out one play at a time beginning with the first offensive series of the 2nd half. This would make our play calls random, which would immediately be an improvement over the present totally predictable system.

That, my friend, is our most glaring weakness ... the inability to make halftime adjustments when other teams seem to do it so easily ... why the heck did our offensive game plan change after halftime?? We lack the killer instinct and when we smell blood, we cease to go in for the throat!! We back off when we need to push it!

I remember hearing them say that Mike scripts the first 25 plays or so of each game. Seems to me that he game planned for the packers perfect but once the script ran out he wasnt a good enough playcaller to continue to call plays that exposed GBs weaknesses.

Yes the first half was about as good as it gets. They looked great. But you could tell they were plays in a different pool from the ones MM is comfortable with calling. That's why the second half looked so familiar and Capers capitalized on it.

Yeah it's just kinda silly to drop off like that. To be fair, the execution of the plays after that second drive was atrocious. I'm not sure how efficient any play can be when all we do is tip the ball up for the defense or line up wrong or hold. Still, there was some creativity happening during the first two drives. I wonder if the players are more excited to run the new stuff and bored with the predictable stuff. Still no excuse for mental mistakes but we only see about 4-5 "interesting" plays a game.