Garcia Gone At South Carolina

jgator21

Garcia gone doesn't doom South Cackalack by any means. But I'm curious to see how well Shaw plays now that he has experienced some success and doesn't have to worry bout Spurrier yankin him for Garcia.

By the way, I hope Garcia gets some help cause I've seen first hand what alcoholism does to a family. He did act like a punk, but I still hope he gets it together.

Possible score SC-MSST....................2-0. M.Ingram safety cause you just can't keep that guy from scoring pts.wink.png

Edited by DeaconDawg

I'm waiting till I see yall play Florida. To begin with, I don't think MSU will give yall trouble given that their offense is really nothing special. I think you're dreaming if you think you'll beat Arkansas, but Florida is a tossup. We'll see. Shaw was behind Garcia a long time for a reason.

The only part of your post I take any issue with at all is the idea that it is a forgone conclusion that Ark. beats us when we play. I agree that they will definately be favored, and likely by 6-9 points. They can kick it into high gear quickly and just score nearly at will. But our defense keeps improving on a regular basis. You are right that Shaw was behing Stephen for a reason too. As I mentioned in my earlier post I think Spurrier kept hoping that Garcia would actually begin to play to full potential some time this season and if he did that he would be well above Connor as an offensive weapon. But for the most part Stephen was a hindrance to the team this year... more of something to be overcame as opposed to being someone who would help the team at all.

If Shaw can just read the defenses correctly, and throw the ball in the general direction of the correct players at the right time then our offense starts to actually look like a BCS offense instead of a AA high school group. We have the weapons to play with anyone at the skill positions. Alshon, Ace, Ellington(look out for this kid, I'm telling ya), Damiere Byrd, Nick Jones, and Marcus are all capable of putting the ball into the endzone quickly if they are given the ball at the correct time and spot on the field. Plus Rory Anderson is beginning to contribute in the games now from the TE position. Even our backup TB has skills that allow him to jump off of the screen when you watch him play. He's not consistent enough yet but Wilds is going to be a really good for us in the coming seasons.

Right now I have to think UGA is in the better position to win the east because of their schedule as compared to ours. And UF will rebound THIS SEASON and become a good team again. They have faced two of the best teams in the nation without the benefit of having their best qb on the field for most of those two games. But if Shaw can continue to play moderately well I think SC has a better chance to "win 'em all" than we had with this year's edition of Stephen Garcia.

And I agree with the poster in here, and others elsewhere, who say they hope Garcia finds a way to straighten out his life and fix his personal issues.

I never have been one to get into the yapping back and forth about who's better than whom amongst the teams in the SEC. But based on the near certitude with which so many here are predicting our quick demise after the departure of Garcia, I must say: If we win this game in Starkville, I will be pleased to remind everyone of the predictions in this thread. And if we do manage to win the East It's going to be very difficult for the fans of other teams to put up with my crowing. I'm not saying; I'm just saying. cool.png

No problem with that... part of making statements is the risk/reward of either eating crow or rubbing it in. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow... but I'm not wrong. :P

The only part of your post I take any issue with at all is the idea that it is a forgone conclusion that Ark. beats us when we play. I agree that they will definately be favored, and likely by 6-9 points. They can kick it into high gear quickly and just score nearly at will. But our defense keeps improving on a regular basis. You are right that Shaw was behing Stephen for a reason too. As I mentioned in my earlier post I think Spurrier kept hoping that Garcia would actually begin to play to full potential some time this season and if he did that he would be well above Connor as an offensive weapon. But for the most part Stephen was a hindrance to the team this year... more of something to be overcame as opposed to being someone who would help the team at all.

If Shaw can just read the defenses correctly, and throw the ball in the general direction of the correct players at the right time then our offense starts to actually look like a BCS offense instead of a AA high school group. We have the weapons to play with anyone at the skill positions. Alshon, Ace, Ellington(look out for this kid, I'm telling ya), Damiere Byrd, Nick Jones, and Marcus are all capable of putting the ball into the endzone quickly if they are given the ball at the correct time and spot on the field. Plus Rory Anderson is beginning to contribute in the games now from the TE position. Even our backup TB has skills that allow him to jump off of the screen when you watch him play. He's not consistent enough yet but Wilds is going to be a really good for us in the coming seasons.

Right now I have to think UGA is in the better position to win the east because of their schedule as compared to ours. And UF will rebound THIS SEASON and become a good team again. They have faced two of the best teams in the nation without the benefit of having their best qb on the field for most of those two games. But if Shaw can continue to play moderately well I think SC has a better chance to "win 'em all" than we had with this year's edition of Stephen Garcia.

And I agree with the poster in here, and others elsewhere, who say they hope Garcia finds a way to straighten out his life and fix his personal issues.

I didn't mean to offend you with the Arkansas comment... Its just how I see the game going. Maybe I've heard one too many times about how good the West is, but watching highlights of Arkansas dismantling Auburn may have convinced me. Concerning USCe's game against Florida, I'm just as interested in that game as well. Its going to be a great second half of the season.

I didn't mean to offend you with the Arkansas comment... Its just how I see the game going. Maybe I've heard one too many times about how good the West is, but watching highlights of Arkansas dismantling Auburn may have convinced me. Concerning USCe's game against Florida, I'm just as interested in that game as well. Its going to be a great second half of the season.

we all make predictions and frankly arkansas is going to blow usce out of the water like they did last year at usce. if tyler wilson is their qb and healthy arky is going to run usce out of the building. arky could be favored into the double digits because usce could be coming off a few losses heading into game. lattimore has been had 2 out of the last 3 unimpressive games in a row (i really don't consider his game against kentucky to be great either) and they need to be concerned they couldn't run on a bad auburn defense. this game at msu should be interesting.. i think usce goes 2-2 in their next 4.

Oh you didn't offend me with the Arkansas stuff. Any remotely sane person would probably wager large sums of cash that Arkansas more than doubles the Gamecocks score. I'm just here to give an alternate POV to keep things fair and balanced.

we all make predictions and frankly arkansas is going to blow usce out of the water like they did last year at usce. if tyler wilson is their qb and healthy arky is going to run usce out of the building. arky could be favored into the double digits because usce could be coming off a few losses heading into game. lattimore has been had 2 out of the last 3 unimpressive games in a row (i really don't consider his game against kentucky to be great either) and they need to be concerned they couldn't run on a bad auburn defense. this game at msu should be interesting.. i think usce goes 2-2 in their next 4.

Nah, we will make it at least 3-1. Miss. St. won't be a really close game. UT will, but in the 2nd half I think we give ourselves breathing room. Ark.......... I will need to see the two games preceeding the Razorbacks to make a prediction. I'm pretty sure they won't blow us out of the building though. The game last year just wasn't a game that was vital for us to win and after the first few series it showed. And I don't think UF will beat us at home but I think it will be an entertaining game. As far as Lattimore and his numbers, I think you'll see a return to form this week. Against Auburn we only ran about 40 or so plays if I remember correctly and Spurrier didn't lean on Marcus like he should have. Against UK, the HBC was trying to prove a point and thus he had Connor throwing it around the stadium in a manner that looked a little like the fun-n-gun offense back at UF.

Nah, we will make it at least 3-1. Miss. St. won't be a really close game. UT will, but in the 2nd half I think we give ourselves breathing room. Ark.......... I will need to see the two games preceeding the Razorbacks to make a prediction. I'm pretty sure they won't blow us out of the building though. The game last year just wasn't a game that was vital for us to win and after the first few series it showed. And I don't think UF will beat us at home but I think it will be an entertaining game. As far as Lattimore and his numbers, I think you'll see a return to form this week. Against Auburn we only ran about 40 or so plays if I remember correctly and Spurrier didn't lean on Marcus like he should have. Against UK, the HBC was trying to prove a point and thus he had Connor throwing it around the stadium in a manner that looked a little like the fun-n-gun offense back at UF.

imo you guys will go 2-2 at best in those 4 games. playing on the road at msu isn't easy at all especially for a player like shaw who hasn't shown or proven anything yet. the good thing about that game is msu is challenged offensively. the vol game is a big question mark on the road which we both know. regarding arky i can say with some confidence they will blow you guys out of the building unless wilson is hurt and not making that game. if they have a healthy wilson man i am pretty confident they will run you guys. we will see on lattimore.. 3 games in a row he was under 5 yards per carry which is what you look at is yards per carry. regarding florida if brantley is back they will be a tougher matchup. we will see man. :)

Its difficult to find a reason to hate on Arkansas. The coach is kind of a tool but I don't remember anything from the fanbase that would give me reason to dislike the university. Maybe the fact I haven't known many Arkansas fans helps tongue.png.

There fans are the worst. They are completely delusional. They have the cockiness of Alabama fans with absolutely nothing to back it up. It's terrible. I hate them more than any team in the SEC.

There fans are the worst. They are completely delusional. They have the cockiness of Alabama fans with absolutely nothing to back it up. It's terrible. I hate them more than any team in the SEC.

I think you are the first person I have ever met that hates Arkansas the most out of any SEC school. I guess half of it is that I really dont know any fans of them in Georgia and before these past couple years they were just average

I have to admit, this is the most hatred I've ever seen directed towards Arkansas' fan base...now at their head coach on the other hand...