Sure, you can look at the glass as half empty or half full...your choice.

The simple fact is we are not 4-1 or 0-5...we are 2-3 and a win on Sunday raises our hopes for a successful season--two wins in a row raises our hopes and expectations!

It starts on Sunday at 1:00 pm...I'm coming with my glass half full!

i agree, but the simple fact that our defense has allowed so many teams to put up so many yards through the air and we are facing the #5 passing offense on sunday is disconcerting. i believe it has something to do with our lack of offensive production though. i really don t want to be a footnote in history as the first division rival that newton beat. and until we put together a full game of football i am allowed to worry a little bit.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you stated part of the problem. things have been mostly good the last 3 years and ryan gets ALL the credit for that. most of the time. now that he is being exposed his idolators are blaming everyone BUT him for our failures. He is NOT getting too much of the blame yet. The media isn't on his case yet but watch. Next week all the media jock riding will be over when he fails yet again to lead this team to a win.

Why have things been mostly good for the last 3 years. Ryan was operating behind a line that gave him time. It has evident by the time we finished with Chicago, Tampa and Philly that our QB had been hit and sacked way too many times. They pointed out Sunday that Roddy has almost as many drops in 5 games as he had all last year. Again, I have pointed out that I call out Ryan weekly when he doesn't make a good throw or holds the ball too long. If we can't protect, him, he is going to look bad. Just ask the Eagles, everybody talked about how many weapons they had but they could not protect their QB and it has cost them. Same here in Atlanta and until I see him get good protection and fail to move the team he is the QB of my team.

No amount of insults will change that. If you don't like him, don't watch or post here b/c he is going to be under center every play he is not hurt.

When the idiot M.M allows Ryan to use the no huddle he does great. Even the T.V guys said he does great job. "up there with Payton & Brady"

He is not and have never been the problem, Now for all you big bad people who were mad cause he slides to early and doesn't get the first down, Why don't you go to camp next year and try and take is place, I know why cause you could not put on his jock strap much less take his place. With all the it he has gotten be glad he ran at all.

Typical SO called Falcons fans it's one thing to complain about the over all play of the team or players but to put down one of the guys who with out him we would still be a so so team.

In 5 games Abe Mr. Wonderful has 2 whole sacks no one is complaining.

Roddy has more drops this year then all of last year little complaining at best.

Grow up people This is not just a Matt Ryan problem. He doesn't play Defense, He is just the leader on Offense he can't block for running back and sure can't run out and catch his own passes. Unless were in no huddle he doesn't even call the plays.

If being a NFL quality QB is the criteria for someone to accuratly analyze Ryan's performance, then you would be disqualified as well as most commentators, and any fan for that matter, of how well Ryan is doing.

If failing to fill Ryan's shoes disqualifies people from saying anything negative about Ryan as a QB, then it ALSO disqualifies anything positive too.

Think before you post.

Be a fan and not a homer.

Edited by Aria7

If being a NFL quality QB is the criteria for someone to accuratly analyze Ryan's performance, then you would be disqualified as well as most commentators, and any fan for that matter, of how well Ryan is doing.

If failing to fill Ryan's shoes disqualifies people from saying anything negative about Ryan as a QB, then it ALSO disqualifies anything positive too.

Think before you post.

Be a fan and not a homer.

you stated part of the problem. things have been mostly good the last 3 years and ryan gets ALL the credit for that. most of the time. now that he is being exposed his idolators are blaming everyone BUT him for our failures. He is NOT getting too much of the blame yet. The media isn't on his case yet but watch. Next week all the media jock riding will be over when he fails yet again to lead this team to a win.

Phil, Phil Phil!

Why is it that when I read any of your comments this figure comnes to mind:

eeyoresad.jpg

Man, go have an ice cream or something

Practical people should realize this. Half of the people on this board won't stop the hate until we draft a black quarterback who can run. This is evident by not only the number of times YKW gets mentioned, as well as the number of people still showing up to games wearing Vick jerseys. Sorry Matt Ryan doesn't show up to your dog fights or buy drugs from you! Get over it!

Matt Ryan is our QB. You because you didn't want him doesn't mean you shouldn't be supportive of him. Just ask your mom (she'll know what I'm talking about).

Practical people should realize this. Half of the people on this board won't stop the hate until we draft a black quarterback who can run. This is evident by not only the number of times YKW gets mentioned, as well as the number of people still showing up to games wearing Vick jerseys. Sorry Matt Ryan doesn't show up to your dog fights or buy drugs from you! Get over it!

Matt Ryan is our QB. You because you didn't want him doesn't mean you shouldn't be supportive of him. Just ask your mom (she'll know what I'm talking about).

the only people who bring up vick here are the haters.

your post is evidence of that fact

Edited by Phalcon Phil
Those scores means nothing, Ryan scored high yet he looks like a deer caught in headlights when he's in the game. I rather have a gamer whose willing to do whatever he can to make the first down. I would take Vick and Cam Newton over the majority of players on that list.

is there a reason the only QBs you want are african american? Just wondering because to me you are coming off a little racist.

Current NFL records:

Packers: 5-0 / Wonderlic Score of their QB: 36

Lions: 4-0 / Wonderlic score of their QB: 38

Bills: 4-1 / Wonderlic score of their QB: 48

49ers: 4-1 / Wonderlic score of their QB: 40

Chargers: 4-1 / Wonderlic score of their QB: 30

Eagles: 1-4 / Wonderlic Score of their QB: 20 (His backup, Young: 6 - took retest and jumped all the way up to 15)

Panthers: 1-4 / Wonderlic score of their QB: 21

wink.png

;So............going by your other posts also...

Ryan is similar to RIVERS............. STAFFORD................. RODGERS........FITZ,......SMITH?

Because of their wonderlic.......... you would associate Ryan with those guys? Those guys aren't scared. Those guys have good arms. Rodgers, Stafford, Rivers and Smith, can just flick their wrist and the ball launches 40+ yards down the field. Fitz doesn't have the strongest of arms, but he is still accurate on his deep throws.

Ryan struggles to throw the ball over 11 yards. If you can only throw the ball under 11 yards, then you're already extremely limited, compared to most qbs in the league. ;)

Edited by NEWton rivERA

I guess thats easier than intelligent debate for you. My apologies. We're you a noodle arm qb as well? Is that why you ride so hard for the meltster?

Actually, I scored a 43 on the Wonderlic as a college QB so we can have an "intelligence" debate if you choose?

As for my physical skills, no, I didn't have a "noodle" for an arm...just the opposite. By the time I was a 10th grader I could hum the ball 60 yards. My problem was quickness. I was like a big old statue in the pocket like a Bartkowski or Chandler.

As for Ryan, nope, he does not have the big arm, But he does have all the intangibles and necessities to win a Super Bowl for the right scheme, coaching and complimentary defense...just like Montana, Brees,Thiesman, Brady, P. Manning, Johnson, and even Warner who are other average arm QB's that won a Super Bowl or two.

Phil, there are only so many "Rodgers" on the planet--maybe only two or three--that both have strong arms, quick releases, surprisingly athletic and blessed with high IQ's.

We can cry about it or we can get behind our capable--not perfect--QB in Ryan.

Or we can be an Eeyore!

In John Maddens voice "you have to be able to run the ball". He has all those yards because they are constantly playing behind in the game and the D goes into prevent mode.

Well.... Falcons played from "Behind" with their defense in prevent mode the entire second half of the Packers game... Where was all of Ryan's yards and TDs at? If it's so easy.

i agree, but the simple fact that our defense has allowed so many teams to put up so many yards through the air and we are facing the #5 passing offense on sunday is disconcerting. i believe it has something to do with our lack of offensive production though. i really don t want to be a footnote in history as the first division rival that newton beat. and until we put together a full game of football i am allowed to worry a little bit.

I think the defense has been "decent" through halftime. What has been happening is the offense dies after halftime and does much more than 3 and outs and the D is on the field too much and is worn out.

When the idiot M.M allows Ryan to use the no huddle he does great. Even the T.V guys said he does great job. "up there with Payton & Brady"

He is not and have never been the problem, Now for all you big bad people who were mad cause he slides to early and doesn't get the first down, Why don't you go to camp next year and try and take is place, I know why cause you could not put on his jock strap much less take his place. With all the it he has gotten be glad he ran at all.

Typical SO called Falcons fans it's one thing to complain about the over all play of the team or players but to put down one of the guys who with out him we would still be a so so team.

In 5 games Abe Mr. Wonderful has 2 whole sacks no one is complaining.

Roddy has more drops this year then all of last year little complaining at best.

Grow up people This is not just a Matt Ryan problem. He doesn't play Defense, He is just the leader on Offense he can't block for running back and sure can't run out and catch his own passes. Unless were in no huddle he doesn't even call the plays.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Well.... Falcons played from "Behind" with their defense in prevent mode the entire second half of the Packers game... Where was all of Ryan's yards and TDs at? If it's so easy.

I meant the opponents D goes to prevent mode and Cam is airing it out.

I am remaining quietly optimistic Ryan can turn things around.

Guest King Shot

And gives two sh!ts and a stroke over some Wonderlic test? I wonder what Ryan Leaf scored on that.

It's been stated a million times. Having a high wonderlic score doesn't guarantee that you will possess the physical tools or maturity to succeed as an NFL QB. But you won't find a single elite QB in this league with a ****** wonderlic score.

is there a reason the only QBs you want are african american? Just wondering because to me you are coming off a little racist.

Why is that? What if I'm a white guy who actually likes mobile Qbs? Why when Vick got in trouble the white guys wanted a white QB did we say you was racist? Maybe, just maybe that's the type of QB I like. I don't like QBs who have noodle arms and can't move.