Good Game Guys

packfntk

Well played. I know I will hear the "Yeah, shut up" comments, but I just wanted to congratulate you on the hard fought game. You came out blazing, and had me very worried. A few things I got from the game last night:

1- You started with the way you need to play the entire game. Pounding Turner, working the clock, tiring out the opposing defense. It seemed to me like Ryan and the entire offfense got in panic mode once the Packers started to come back. I just don't think you are an air it out team, do what you do well at.

2- Not to be a jerk, but I think Mike Smith was out coached. He needed to prepare his team for the 2nd half and did not. You have an extremely talented team, he needs to utilize his weapons and counter the changes the opposing coach makes at halftime.

3- Your pass defense still needs a little work. Man so does ours. I know the feeling. It was just something that didn't seem to be addressed in the offseason, or did I miss something? AROD is playing at a high level this year, but this needs to be addressed.

4- You applied a ton of pressure onto AROD. EXTREME pressure. Yes our O-Line was beat up, but this was the most pressure we saw all year. Kudos to your D-Coordinator for creating exotic blitz packes and bringing the heat.

All in all, the Atlanta Falcons are a very good team who in my opinion will make the playoffs this year. I am not a coach by any means, but as a fan I would say you could have won this game or been even closer if they would have continued to do what they did in the first half. Another good match guys, be proud!

Well played. I know I will hear the "Yeah, shut up" comments, but I just wanted to congratulate you on the hard fought game. You came out blazing, and had me very worried. A few things I got from the game last night:

1- You started with the way you need to play the entire game. Pounding Turner, working the clock, tiring out the opposing defense. It seemed to me like Ryan and the entire offfense got in panic mode once the Packers started to come back. I just don't think you are an air it out team, do what you do well at.

2- Not to be a jerk, but I think Mike Smith was out coached. He needed to prepare his team for the 2nd half and did not. You have an extremely talented team, he needs to utilize his weapons and counter the changes the opposing coach makes at halftime.

3- Your pass defense still needs a little work. Man so does ours. I know the feeling. It was just something that didn't seem to be addressed in the offseason, or did I miss something? AROD is playing at a high level this year, but this needs to be addressed.

4- You applied a ton of pressure onto AROD. EXTREME pressure. Yes our O-Line was beat up, but this was the most pressure we saw all year. Kudos to your D-Coordinator for creating exotic blitz packes and bringing the heat.

All in all, the Atlanta Falcons are a very good team who in my opinion will make the playoffs this year. I am not a coach by any means, but as a fan I would say you could have won this game or been even closer if they would have continued to do what they did in the first half. Another good match guys, be proud!

Thanks for the kudos. We needed to play with few to little mistakes, but the 3rd quarter did us in as it has in almost every game. We had to many 'unforced' errors ... particularly penalties. Giving your QB a chance is a sure recipe for disaster.

Good game pack fan. Thanks for a gracious post.

With that being said, this is what the entire Falcons fanbase is sick of. Everyone, including other fans can see that adjustments need to be made. But yet, we do nothing.

I used to strongly support Smitty, but now I beleive his contract extension was a knee jerk reaction to an overacheiving 13-3 season. He has to step it up big time.

And I will not beat the dead horse on our coordinators. BVG looked alright and so did MM, for 1 quarter.

Good game pack fan. Thanks for a gracious post.

With that being said, this is what the entire Falcons fanbase is sick of. Everyone, including other fans can see that adjustments need to be made. But yet, we do nothing.

I used to strongly support Smitty, but now I beleive his contract extension was a knee jerk reaction to an overacheiving 13-3 season. He has to step it up big time.

And I will not beat the dead horse on our coordinators. BVG looked alright and so did MM, for 1 quarter.

Yeah, and that is the most important part of your team. Do the players buy what the coaching staff is selling? Or are they not selling hard enough? Seems to me the coaching staff started to get uneasy as soon as the Packer came on offensively. They were panicing and strayed from what was working in fear of not putting up enough points. Just my viewpoint.

I'm a Pack fan living in ATL... so I have watched the dirty birds for several years now...

I honestly had this one with an L on it at the start of the year. I felt (and still do) that the Falcons are a great team. There is tons of talent on that team - and like many of the Falcon faithful - I think that the lack of ability to properly make adjustments mid-game is their greatest weakness. I'm also not a Dunta fan (really think he is an overpaid thug that only plays when he wants to).

While I agree that turner is a beast and they should pound the rock... Ryan has a ton of weapons at his disposal in the passing game. I share the concerns about pass protection though. Ryan looked nervous out there... and some of the plays that were called didn't make any sense to me.

The defensive pressure you put on Rodgers had him rattled for a while - probably the first time this season too.

Next week Carolina comes to town... Those guys put up a fight against the Pack, the Bears, and the Saints yesterday... But their defense is horrible. Pound the rock with Turner, get those talented WRs the ball on some short routes, and keep the ball out of Newton's hands. On defense... double up on Smith and cover those TEs. I can't believe I'm saying this... but Cam might be the real deal - he has great escapability, he is fast, and he can throw. But, that team makes some dumb mistakes too. They are 1-4 and while I don't think this will be a gimme game for ATL, I honestly think they can beat Carolina.

Best of luck this year, here's to no injuries, and hopefully I'll get to watch the Falcons and Packers in the Playoffs this year!

Thanks for the nice comments. Much appreciated.

But take nothing from GB. You all executed, made adjustments, played hard, fought, where well coached, adapted to injuries and overcome. You defeated us fair and square while we play like its preseason (honestly).

Packers earned and deserved the win.

The media has gave us more credit than we deserve this season. We haven't played good football and have been a sloppy team. But it is nice to see other team fans have respect for us and be humble when it would be easier to knock us for not performing for all the talent we do have. (9 probowlers and we play like its preseason. Good in the first half and suck in the second)

Guest Negatorris

The Falcons fail in the second half. We had good leads over losing record teams last year, just to come out in the second half and have to hang on for dear life. We went 14-0 on the Packers. That shows that the talent is there to be an elite team again, but the Falcons are inconsistent. They have no stamina, no fire, and no drive. I'm wondering does this organization want to win? We only lose fans each year because of disappointment. NO didn't have a large fan-base until they won the SB, and it will probably be the same for the Falcons.