If Matt Ryan Were Qb Of The Green Bay Packers

FalconinPA

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The packers would look like the falcons but worse, and the falcons would be superbowl shoe ins

we have more talent on offense then the packers, rogers would have a field day....................the packers corners make plays so that would keep the ryan led packers in it, but no run game......

easily the falcons plus rogers are better than the packers with rogers......

No way. The Packers have 5 good receivers (not just that look good, but that would all command 5m+ on the market), a TE who is better than TG now, 2 other good pass catching TEs, and backs who can receive.

They have the most talented top to bottom offense at the skill positions. They could use a feature runner, but their passing weapons are great (Randall Cobb would have been our 2 or 3 receiver, he's their 5).

Rodgers is better than Ryan straight up, but Rodgers on the Falcons is nowhere near as good a team as Rodgers on the Pack.

Before last season, Aaron Rodgers had the highest career passer rating of all time.

After last season, Aaron Rodgers had the highest career passer rating of all time.

Currently, Aaron Rodgers stil has the highest career passer rating of all time.......and it's not even close. He is almost 4 points ahead of the guy in 2nd, a HOF guy named Steve Young.

It's not like people just noticed that Aaron Rodgers is good when he won the Super Bowl. The guy has been a stud from day 1.

Good post Peyton

I just wanted to ask for a few opinions on a couple of questions that I have. If Matt Ryan was the QB for the Green Bay Packers, do you think the packers would be as good as they are now? Also, If Rodgers was the QB of this team with all these weapons would we be better?

If you think they are dumb questions, you don't have to answer. I just had an argument with a co-worker on the matter yesterday.

No....absolutely not. Ryan doesn't have the mobility, quick release, deep ball accuracy or strength that Rodgers has. Neither does any other NFL QB.

I just wanted to ask for a few opinions on a couple of questions that I have. If Matt Ryan was the QB for the Green Bay Packers, do you think the packers would be as good as they are now? Also, If Rodgers was the QB of this team with all these weapons would we be better?

If you think they are dumb questions, you don't have to answer. I just had an argument with a co-worker on the matter yesterday.

while I think Rodgers is definitely a talented player - I certainly think that the scheme and coaching staff along with personnel add to his ability to be what he is.

This is what i was thinking. I think our offense would be potent with Rodgers though. My co-workers says that Green Bay wouldn't stand a chance with Ryan at QB.

The difference between the two guys is that Rodgers masks some major deficincies in pass protection. Phil Simms pointed it out perfectly when he called the Denver/GB game on Sunday. He said that is what seperates Rodgers from the other QBs in the NFL. The guy can throw the ball with impeccable accuracy even when off balance and while on the run. Those are things that Matt Ryan simply can't do and why this thread is pointless. Yes Rodgers has some good playmakers around him but he masks some very bad protection issues. That OL isn't really that good.

Even in the Atlanta game last year in the playoffs. He was constantly being pressured and escaped sacks that most QBs wouldn't have been able to avoid. Rodgers turns it into a flawless performance where most QBs, (Ryan included) wouldn't have been nearly as productive and probably would have been sacked 5-6 times. I also think Rodgers makes a lot of those WRs better than they really are. James Jones or Jordy Nelson really wouldn't be anything special with Ryan throwing to them. There is a big difference in a perfectly placed ball compared to one that misses its mark by just a foot. Rodgers most of the time delivers perfectly placed balls with tight spirals which allows the WRs to make plays.

Matt Ryan would do well in Green Bay but the people thinking the Packers wouldn't skip a beat are just kidding themselves. They don't watch any games other than Falcons games. Rodgers right now very well could have the strongest arm in the NFL and is right up there with Brees for accuracy. He also leads all QBs in the NFL for rushing TDs since he's became a starter. Matt Ryan just really doesn't compare.

Good post Peyton

Yes, excellent point. For some reason there is a big demographic of people that think Rodgers is a one-hit wonder despite him actually having his best season the year before he won the Super Bowl. People forget that he was sacked 50 times in 09 yet had one of the best seasons in NFL history. He was one of only 3 QBs in NFL history to throw for at least 30 TDS and fewer than 8 INTs. He hit 4400 yards 30 TDs and 7 INTs with a 103 QB Rating while being sacked more than any QB in the NFL. He was sacked 8 times against Minnesota that year yet still have a brilliant game with 380 yards and a 110+ QB Rating.

The guy just doesn't have bad games. No matter what the situation the guy plays well. Ryan can be flustered and only excels in good situations. He is a very good QB but Rodgers can carry a team. He proved that last year. The Packers RBs failed to rush for 50 yards in 9 out of 16 games last year. Rodgers was 6-3 in those games. The Packers offense relies on Rodgers quite a bit. A lot of the subtle things he does at the line go unnoticed. He is almost at Peyton Manning's level at making pre-snap adjustments. He actually might be at that level this year. He is quite a bit more talented than Manning as well.

Yes, excellent point. For some reason there is a big demographic of people that think Rodgers is a one-hit wonder despite him actually having his best season the year before he won the Super Bowl. People forget that he was sacked 50 times in 09 yet had one of the best seasons in NFL history. He was one of only 3 QBs in NFL history to throw for at least 30 TDS and fewer than 8 INTs. He hit 4400 yards 30 TDs and 7 INTs with a 103 QB Rating while being sacked more than any QB in the NFL. He was sacked 8 times against Minnesota that year yet still have a brilliant game with 380 yards and a 110+ QB Rating.

The guy just doesn't have bad games. No matter what the situation the guy plays well. Ryan can be flustered and only excels in good situations. He is a very good QB but Rodgers can carry a team. He proved that last year. The Packers RBs failed to rush for 50 yards in 9 out of 16 games last year. Rodgers was 6-3 in those games. The Packers offense relies on Rodgers quite a bit. A lot of the subtle things he does at the line go unnoticed. He is almost at Peyton Manning's level at making pre-snap adjustments. He actually might be at that level this year. He is quite a bit more talented than Manning as well.

Another good post.

I think I'd sum the difference between these guys this way:

Matt Ryan is able to take what the defense gives him.

Aaron Rodgers is able to take what he wants.

Last Week the Packers ran a deep post against double coverage with Jordy Nelson, who is...I don't know, the 3rd receiver I guess, not sure really how the Packers line up 2-5 anymore because they are all pretty good. If Matt sees double coverage he looks somewhere else. Jordy got a couple of feet of day light, and Rodgers threw a dart 50 yards on the line for a TD against the double coverage, and it looked easy.

Ryan can beat him tonight, but he has to play a near perfect game.

I think I'd sum the difference between these guys this way:

Matt Ryan is able to take what the defense gives him.

Aaron Rodgers is able to take what he wants.

Last Week the Packers ran a deep post against double coverage with Jordy Nelson, who is...I don't know, the 3rd receiver I guess, not sure really how the Packers line up 2-5 anymore because they are all pretty good. If Matt sees double coverage he looks somewhere else. Jordy got a couple of feet of day light, and Rodgers threw a dart 50 yards on the line for a TD against the double coverage, and it looked easy.

Ryan can beat him tonight, but he has to play a near perfect game.

Again, can't argue with you.