Wow... Do You Realize....

Do you all realize how much this Greenbay games means for our season but even more importantly what it means for so many people within this organization. Let me start at the top.

Last year after a terrible loss to the Greenbay Packers in the Divisional Playoff round the Falcons said we need to be more explosive on both offense and defense.

So what did we do... We did not put the blame on the coaching nor did we put the blame on our players, qb, etc.

We simply said we were one or 2 pieces away on both sides of the ball.

So TD went out and got Julio Jones for our explosion on offense, Ray Edwards for our explosion on defense, and a Nickel and DB depth in Sanders and Hayden.

Now what many people don’t realize is that this game will be what we have planned for all offseason....

Now if we go out and lay a big goose egg then I really do believe things should and will be shaken up... I do believe that AB will really start to question his faith in TD and that things will become very shaky within the Coordinator positions.

Do you all realize how much this Greenbay games means for our season but even more importantly what it means for so many people within this organization. Let me start at the top.

Last year after a terrible loss to the Greenbay Packers in the Divisional Playoff round the Falcons said we need to be more explosive on both offense and defense.

So what did we do... We did not put the blame on the coaching nor did we put the blame on our players, qb, etc.

We simply said we were one or 2 pieces away on both sides of the ball.

So TD went out and got Julio Jones for our explosion on offense, Ray Edwards for our explosion on defense, and a Nickel and DB depth in Sanders and Hayden.

Now what many people don’t realize is that this game will be what we have planned for all offseason....

Now if we go out and lay a big goose egg then I really do believe things should and will be shaken up... I do believe that AB will really start to question his faith in TD and that things will become very shaky within the Coordinator positions.

Amen! This is still my team, and if they actually show up Sunday, win or lose be damned, if they come and show heart and win this game, my hopes for the season will still be alive. If they lose I would say it's a safe bet 4 seats will be getting extremely HOT.

I think Blank isnt worried about TD. He has already given the franchise many firsts. It will take more then a few games.

If we don't make the playoffs this year, you might be in for a big surprise. Mora didn't get 4 years and he was our winningest coach in team history. Regression and lack of impact play despite big spending and risky gambles cost Mora and his staff their jobs. McKay was replaced by a young guy with no experience other than being a scout for a great team.

Yea i do not think jobs are on the line, this is the first time ATL is even being talked about having chances in games like these in a while. I think we are good. But yes it would do everyone some good to win the game.

Strongly disagree.. believe it or not we have been planning 7 months for this game. Thru draft, free agency,etc. The blame was put on the "explosion" factor.. well sunday we will see how explosive td and company have become.

Imo this is make or break for coaching and staff and should be

To many variables this year. The lock out taking away the preseason. So many things that add a ton of adversity to play. I just cant see TD and Smitty being blamed for even an entire bad year. The OC and DC now are another story, I could see Blank putting some heat on TD and Smith to fix the predictability of our play. That meaning can those two and bring in someone who understands the way the game is played today. Not the outdated system we currently use.

To many variables this year. The lock out taking away the preseason. So many things that add a ton of adversity to play. I just cant see TD and Smitty being blamed for even an entire bad year. The OC and DC now are another story, I could see Blank putting some heat on TD and Smith to fix the predictability of our play. That meaning can those two and bring in someone who understands the way the game is played today. Not the outdated system we currently use.

Hellz Bellz they will be evaluated at the end of the year just like every team does, Till then I hope the find the 80% of the missing plays that they obviously lost at Flowery Branch. I want them to beat the snot out of the Packers, but if losing to the Bears and Bucs wasn't enough maybe a beat down by the cheesedix will throw some Ice water on the coaches.

There should really only be one hot seat within the organization and that seat belongs to Mike Mularkey. His playcalling is so ridiculously predictable. He's been calling the same gameplan for almost 6 years (that I am aware of). It's time for a change. Something that will allow this team to really flourish.

There should really only be one hot seat within the organization and that seat belongs to Mike Mularkey. His playcalling is so ridiculously predictable. He's been calling the same gameplan for almost 6 years (that I am aware of). It's time for a change. Something that will allow this team to really flourish.

If TD doesn't acknowledge this soon, wouldn't you say his arrogant ignorance is deserving of a hot seat as well?

If the Falcons get to the playoffs and win a game this year, the outcome of this game won't matter.

Certainly want the falcons to win and think they can, esp. if Babs plays and the falcons can get pressure with just their Dline. Last time Rodgers got effective pressure on him, Pack scored 14 points on O and he threw 2 picks with no TDs.

Whatever the outcome though, this team will continue to get better over the season. The Oline will get better as the youngsters get more playing time and Ryan makes connections with Jones.

The D will get better with Babs next to Jerry and Edwards, Spoon & Moore gaining experience and the two new pieces in the secondary getting comfortable in the scheme.

Falcons will be a team that can go from heavy 3TE sets to 4-5 wide sets seamlessly on O, pounding a team into submission with the run in one game/series, throwing it all over the field in the next.

On D the pieces are in place for a very good bend but don't break D that can also go to an aggressive blitzing/man to man D from play to play.

Barring injury, this team will be playing its best ball in Dec & Jan.

If TD doesn't acknowledge this soon, wouldn't you say his arrogant ignorance is deserving of a hot seat as well?

Keep hearing about MM's play calling- but the Falcons win the Bucs game if White doesn't drop a red zone pass and Ryan makes a better decision on a fourth down play- on one play, White is wide open on the other Gonzo is- that's from plays MM designed.

In the seattle game, second half- Ryan misses connections on a deep pass to Jones that's a TD if he hits him in stride and he and Jones miss connections in the end zone- hit those two passes- again, off of plays that MM designed- and the Falcons score 38 points.

And yeah, you can complain about the runs called in the second half of the seattle game, but, they took time off the clock- ask the eagles, the bills & the cowboys if they should have called a few more stupid run plays and taken some more time off the clock in their games.

Keep hearing about MM's play calling- but the Falcons win the Bucs game if White doesn't drop a red zone pass and Ryan makes a better decision on a fourth down play- on one play, White is wide open on the other Gonzo is- that's from plays MM designed.

In the seattle game, second half- Ryan misses connections on a deep pass to Jones that's a TD if he hits him in stride and he and Jones miss connections in the end zone- hit those two passes- again, off of plays that MM designed- and the Falcons score 38 points.

And yeah, you can complain about the runs called in the second half of the seattle game, but, they took time off the clock- ask the eagles, the bills & the cowboys if they should have called a few more stupid run plays and taken some more time off the clock in their games.

Oh I agree..not all of the blame belongs to Mularkey..but two decently called games do not cover up the 6 years of safe playcalling that he has done for multiple teams.

Oh I agree..not all of the blame belongs to Mularkey..but two decently called games do not cover up the 6 years of safe playcalling that he has done for multiple teams.

Let's see what the rest of this year brings. I think Ryan is perfectly capable of making the deep throw on a regular basis- he just needs to trust himself to make the throw & Jones and White to make the catch.

Once that happens, this O will be deadly-won't be any way to stop it- put 8-9 in the box, we'll burn you deep, drop the safeties back, we'll run/short pass all over you.