Does Anyone Else Realize We Have Been Planning For Gb?

Guest fibonacci

Guest mashburn

ok aparently GB in the playoffs made us do a lot of changes. we went after Julio and Edwards. we made sure we were going to be more explosive. we also picked up sanders and hayden.

I am thinking we are planning for certain games and not game to game weeks. for instance we did all last 3 seasons. yes it made us have winning records, but when the big game would come we would usually fail. so I am semi wondering if we have changed this and now are focusing on major teams.

ok aparently GB in the playoffs made us do a lot of changes. we went after Julio and Edwards. we made sure we were going to be more explosive. we also picked up sanders and hayden.

I am thinking we are planning for certain games and not game to game weeks. for instance we did all last 3 seasons. yes it made us have winning records, but when the big game would come we would usually fail. so I am semi wondering if we have changed this and now are focusing on major teams.

I bet a lotta underwear got changed.

Guest mashburn

Mashburn. Where you been? We've definitely made adjustments to help keep up with the high powered offensive teams.

Anybody know how Edwards played against bulaga last year?

Lol. I have been around. I went to chicago for the game opener. and ever since then I have been trying to find out what is going on with the falcons.

I hope edwards can finally step up this week and crush rodgers.

I agree and disagree. our changes have been targeting the passing game. I think the falcons organization as well as many others saw that the league would become more pass happy this year, and I think part of that has to do with the changes in kickoff rules leading to longer drives, longer drives meaning more yardage on offense.

we grabbed 2 DB's, a pass rusher, and WR as our key offseason pickups. Clearly all of these pickups were meant to improve our pass defense and improve our pass offense. So far we have not seen it pay dividends especially defensively, but our mindset was in the right place.

This is comical. Mike Smith needs to be fired if he's not game planning for every team each week. So if the Falcons go 4-12 everything is alright as long as they beat Green Bay? Ridiculous.

I agree and disagree. our changes have been targeting the passing game. I think the falcons organization as well as many others saw that the league would become more pass happy this year, and I think part of that has to do with the changes in kickoff rules leading to longer drives, longer drives meaning more yardage on offense.

we grabbed 2 DB's, a pass rusher, and WR as our key offseason pickups. Clearly all of these pickups were meant to improve our pass defense and improve our pass offense. So far we have not seen it pay dividends especially defensively, but our mindset was in the right place.

I don't think that's the case. It has simply become a passing league because coaches have figured out its much more efficient to move the ball that way. If a QB can complete 60-65% of their passes at 7-8 YPA why even bother running the ball? When you really think about it, statistically you are much more likely to have longer drives and convert a higher percentage of 1st downs if you are throwing more often.

Some teams are doing it the right way and others aren't. If you simply throw it more often you are just going to get your QB killed. Teams like the Saints, Packers, and Patriots can throw the ball short, intermediate, and deep and have threats and mismatches to exploit different types of looks and coverages. They don't need the running game very much because they can use short and intermediate passes instead. These offenses dictate to the defense and force their hand. They will throw in a run here and there just for some cheap easy yardage to take some pressure off the QB.

Sorry, but the idea they're not gameplanning for every game is just silly.

Now, saving some plays on both sides of the ball for GB, oh yeah, sure.

They may have even been working on the GB game plan while preparing for seattle.

They may have, for example, decided they weren't showing any blitz packages in seattle because they were going to beat seattle anyway and why put them on tape for GB to look at.

I also don't believe any falcon player or coach who says this is just another game. It's what they're supposed to say, but this game was circled on the coaches calendar when the schedule came out.

if we planned for green bay, then tavaris jackson wouldnt throw for 400 yds on us so NOOOOOOO

All I know is people say we dont need to blitz Rodgers.

I hope thats not serious. If we play and execute the game we need to on offense then there will be plenty of times in which we need to blitz Rodgers and try to force a turnover and either it will or will not happen.

Get the ball, control the clock, and finish drives with 7. A lot easier said than done but we do that then as I said there will be times in this game to send blitzes and either we will make a play or ROdgers will burn us.

But you do not get scared and not blitz becasue the other QB is good.