Matt Ryan I'm Not Expecting You To Out Duel Rodgers But...

ol'_dirty2

Guest Negatorris

We are a run first, pass second team. I just want to win. And we can win with what has worked for this offense for so many years.

Do you want Matty to become Cam Newton? Sure I can have an awesome day on paper, but can I win a game?

Matty won games his rookie year.

Edited by roddy_jones

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

319 and 285 is not "almost" 350. Of course there are a couple of arguments being made in this thread. Sure wins probably matter most but Ryan can't be considered an elite QB until he starts putting up elite numbers. So far he can best be categorized as a game manager. As such he thrives when the offense has balance but doesn't excel when required to throw for lots of yards. Guys like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers can win a game by throwing for 200 or 400 yards. Matt Ryan hasn't proven that yet, and thus can not be categorized as an elite QB. You can't be an elite QB on win percentage alone.

Of course 285 isn't really close to 350. But in case you were wondering, 319 is only 31 shy of 350 or 10%. That IS pretty close 350. Also, Matt Ryan has won plenty of games throwing 200-250 yds and has not had to throw for 400 yds to win games and that's awesome! The 3 guys you listed have no running game to speak of which generally means they will throw for more yards because they substitute a run game with a short passing game. Dont you think if those guys had 1300 yd runners that their passing yards would go down? If you have tools you should use them.

Hey, don't make fun! It's a deep pass by Ryan's standards!

Vick can throw the ball to the moon but he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. He will never consistently lead a team to wins with his arm. Just won't. Btw. The only way Vick will ever complete a pass to Julio jones is if Julio starts playing db and Vick throws him an int.

Vick can throw the ball to the moon but he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. He will never consistently lead a team to wins with his arm. Just won't. Btw. The only way Vick will ever complete a pass to Julio jones is if Julio starts playing db and Vick throws him an int.

Ryan isn't that accurate on the deep ball either, since you bring up the moon. In fact he's pretty god awful at it.

Guest Negatorris

edited for accuracy

Tell your uncle/father to teach you about football.

Go look at the highlights from Matty's 2008 games. Then come back and try again.

I wanna see him throw for 400 and 4 TD's and rush in for 2 and just shut every critic in the countrys mouth about what he can not do! Hey we can dream until the game starts right?

It'll be hella cool if Ryan does that but we all know that's a pipe dream. He only just threw 4 TDs this year. Most QBs throw 4TDs in their rookie year.

well if wins is what you want instead of stats, then we need flacco. all he does is win and he has ryans stats.

well if wins is what you want instead of stats, then we need flacco. all he does is win and he has ryans stats.

I would much rather trade our OL or DC for the Ravens' than Matt. Matt's done an incredible job considering how frequently he's been on his arse...

^I'd take Ray Rice over Turner any day of the week. Much more versatile, more burst etc. He also had Todd Heap for a while, who was quite an awesome TE. The only argument you have is at WR. And even that's sketchy.

Put Ryan in the Ravens offense and he'd do some damage.

It'll be hella cool if Ryan does that but we all know that's a pipe dream. He only just threw 4 TDs this year. Most QBs throw 4TDs in their rookie year.

Ehhh...what now?

For one, Vick never threw 4 TDs as a Falcon, from what I can remember. So you can pretty much can it...

Second, saying that most rookie QBs throw 4 TDs in a game is insane. Freeman, Bradford, Sanchez, Flacco, all of those QBs didn't throw for that in their rookie year, I think MAYBE Stafford did...I'd be surprised if you found even 10 QBs that have thrown for 4 TDs in their rookie year.

For the love of God, Cam Newton is someone you practically worship and he has yet to throw for more than TWO TDs in a game.

Edited by Falcan Moore

Behind our line with our coordinator, he would just be marginally better than Ryan. Not a knock on Brady; not even slightly...but do you see how much time he has in the pocket?

That's because we spend all our money on everything but the lines on both side of the ball. Now we are stuck with a hella mediocre QB.