Matt Ryan I'm Not Expecting You To Out Duel Rodgers But...

ol'_dirty2

I need to see some serious swagger Sunday night!!! It's YOUR house Matty...don't let that guy come in here and outshine you! Your first pass was a TD, you're cool under pressure. Well son, the pressure is on now. You're the captain of the ship...take the wheel and get us to paydirt!!! Victory or bust...your choice

Dirty

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see Ryan throw for more than 350 yards. Can you believe he's never done that, and he's in his 4th year? Time to step it up!
Did not realize that...well shoot...I guess I did we only get to 300 every now and then. Long as those yards amount to some scores I'm okay. Other than that, give me no picks or fumbles and a win.

wins>yards. who cares how many yards you throw for if you don't win? I'd rather see ryan through for 225 and turner run for another 120 and the falcons win 24-21 then ryan throw for 400 yards but lose 35-38.

As a QB who everyone claims to be 'elite,' I'd like to see him be able to move the ball with his arm instead of just handing the ball off. A game manager wins games without putting up lots of yards. A play maker puts up a lot of yards.

wins>yards. who cares how many yards you throw for if you don't win? I'd rather see ryan through for 225 and turner run for another 120 and the falcons win 24-21 then ryan throw for 400 yards but lose 35-38.

Yeah I'm with you! Let's just win. Even an ugly or "lucky" win works this week. Stats mean nothing UNLESS we win.

well if wins is what you want instead of stats, then we need flacco. all he does is win and he has ryans stats.

As a QB who everyone claims to be 'elite,' I'd like to see him be able to move the ball with his arm instead of just handing the ball off. A game manager wins games without putting up lots of yards. A play maker puts up a lot of yards.

He has won games with his arm....The point is.... NOT TO HAVE TO DO THAT!!!!

You make a good point. While wins are the most important thing, if we are moving it through the air effectively then our chances of winning increases.

At this point though, just don't stare down the WR on third and eight as you throw the out pattern. That's where I am. I know we have a good QB and I won't cone on here and bash him, but it's time to take the training wheels off, put the sippy cup down, put on your big boy pants or whatever cliché means "put up or shut up" (ha another cliché). Let's move forward and play some good consistent football.

the defense has no bearing on flaccos stats. our defense has won HELLA games for top ramen.

LOL! Now I get the picture of noodles I saw in another thread...haaa how slow am I. I personally don't think his arm is weak as much as some of his passes are telegraphed and others are just bad. Cannot deny the humor in this though lol

"Vick to Julio" and "Phalcon Phil,"

Why on earth must you two children constantly hijack every single thread for the sole purpose of ridiculing Matt Ryan? I mean grow the f--k up!

Ryan isn't perfect, he certainly doesn't have the athleticism and arm strength of Vick or Rodgers, but this man has done nothing but applied himself and tries to do the very best he possibly can to help this team. And you know what? His teammate and coaches respect this man beyond measure.

Matt Ryan is a good man, does his very best, and wants to win as badly as anyone alive; and frankly he has posted an excellent W/L record and statistics despite piloting what many believe is a highly restrictive and limited offensive system and paired with a defense that was ranked 24 in his first season and is sitting tied at 21st now four season later...looka at the defenses Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Roethlisberger get to enjoy!

Seriously boys, get behind this man and this team and stop acting like a couple of spoiled brats...you may think you're cool or something but anyone on here with more than a double-digit IQ is laughing at you, not with you!

Get behind your team and it's QB...he's giving it everything he's got!

QB you always bring moments of clarity to the threads on here. Good stuff buddy. As for Phil and Vick to Julio thanks for sharing as well. I personally try not to bash Ryan but as with every QB we've had over the years, not everyone believes in them. Where we mess up is in the comparisons. I look a Ryan for what he was in college and what he's been here...a winner. Other than that I just want to see him correct his mistakes, not transform into some other player from another team.

I want to see Ryan throw for more than 350 yards. Can you believe he's never done that, and he's in his 4th year? Time to step it up!

We're a run-heavy team. We're a run first team. That's what we do, that's who we are. Matt Ryan will likely never throw for 350 yards but that says a lot more about the play calling and our over-all offensive scheme than it does about Ryan's abilities.

I would be the happiest fan ever if the first player to catch/run it in for a touchdown would do the Dirty Bird.

well if wins is what you want instead of stats, then we need flacco. all he does is win and he has ryans stats.

Don't make me vomit. Anyone can pad his stats dumping the ball off to Rice all game, not to mention that Flacco has somehow managed a sub 50% completion percentage this season.

Edited by Psychic Gibbon

QB you always bring moments of clarity to the threads on here. Good stuff buddy. As for Phil and Vick to Julio thanks for sharing as well. I personally try not to bash Ryan but as with every QB we've had over the years, not everyone believes in them. Where we mess up is in the comparisons. I look a Ryan for what he was in college and what he's been here...a winner. Other than that I just want to see him correct his mistakes, not transform into some other player from another team.

Buddy I'm cool with that!

Please understand that I'm neither a "homer" or indiscriminate basher. I want to see Ryan start throwing the ball further down the field and take a few more risks just like the next guy. In fact, this would be my game plan against Green Bay--open with a bold and aggressive passing game to set up the run, not vice versa.

I get pissed at Ryan too for things like looking at his intended target and sometimes not taking a chance a drilling a ball into a tight window instead of chunking out of bounds. But, his strengths, dedication and overall performance more than makes up for his few weaknesses. What I get sick of reading or people with an obvious agenda to publicly demean, devalue and unabashedly beat on this man for any and all reasons.

I played the position, I know how difficult and demanding it can be, and I know that there are only about 6 men on the planet that are special at it. I can't call Ryan special yet, but if anyone on this planet wants to be and will do anything and everything to become this it is Matt Ryan!

I would be the happiest fan ever if the first player to catch/run it in for a touchdown would do the Dirty Bird.

Don't make me vomit. Anyone can pad his stats dumping the ball off to Rice all game, not to mention that Flacco has somehow managed a sub 50% completion percentage this season.

so what do you call dinking and dunking? just because our rb is one dimensional and those dump offs go to receivers instead doesnt make what ryan does any different. if theres a difference between them, its that flacco gets it downfield FAR more often than ryan despite the "dumpoffs"

lol @ padding stats with dumpoffs. you read this garbage before you hit the post button?