Buy Or Sell: Who Can Stop The Packers?

Yes, he did make some comments following the opening win over the Saints about, "Just imagine how many more points we could have scored if we had just held offseason workouts." In doing so, he was taking a shot at those talking heads in the media - Skip Bayless, Teddy Bruschi, etc. - who were criticizing Rodgers for "showing a lack of leadership" by not organizing offseason workouts. It wasn't meant as a shot at Brees & Co., but because they happened to host some of the most well covered offseason workouts, some Saints fans took it as that. I assure you that was not Aaron's intent. It was all about the media and their criticism of him.

Bayless is an idiot

I'm buying the Packers. They're riding a SB high, having fun, scoring a lot of points, generally feeling good about themselves. They have one of the best QB's in the game and his brash confidence radiates through that entire offense. It is going to take a high-scoring offense to keep up with the Packers offense. They're simply the best team in the NFL right now.

It would be a great miracle for the FALCONS TO SLAP THAT ATTITUDE RIGHT OUTTA THEIR HEADS! They need the Falcons to deliver the reality check...

that would make my weekend for sure.... we have the team that can do it if the ones that don't warm the benches show up and play like they have been playing...

I already have my list of who to boot next year... cough<~snelling~> cough

Yes, he did make some comments following the opening win over the Saints about, "Just imagine how many more points we could have scored if we had just held offseason workouts." In doing so, he was taking a shot at those talking heads in the media - Skip Bayless, Teddy Bruschi, etc. - who were criticizing Rodgers for "showing a lack of leadership" by not organizing offseason workouts. It wasn't meant as a shot at Brees & Co., but because they happened to host some of the most well covered offseason workouts, some Saints fans took it as that. I assure you that was not Aaron's intent. It was all about the media and their criticism of him.

You can't be serious. I'm not even going to justify your level of overimagination by interpreting the truth for you. I bet you still think Vick flipped off the fans of atlanta too huh?

rodgers made fun of teams for practicing in the offseason?

Yes, he did. I don't care whether or not he "intended" it for the media who ripped him and not specifically directed toward any of the other teams that did have the workouts. Bottom line, it was classless and came off as arrogant and a big disrespect to those teams that did have the workouts. There were plenty of ways he could have shot back at the media without belittling teams that worked out. But the way he did it made it came across like it was absolutely absurd and ridiculous that all these teams held workouts. Came across like the Packers were too good to even consider it, and they didn't need them.

Simple fact, you don't belittle efforts of leadership. And no, it has nothing to do with being a Saints fan. Drew Brees was one of MANY QBs to hold offseason workouts. Regardless if Rodgers thinks they helped or not, the act alone was of unifying a team, sticking together, and a show of leadership. It was a mature thing that most teams did.

There have been plenty of classy guys who took shots at the media without doing it at the expense of other teams and veteran leaders. I would have been fine with him ripping the media and telling them that there's "more than one way to show leadership besides organizing off-season workouts". Or he could have mentioned they didn't feel like they needed them because their off-season was so much shorter than most teams, and they felt confident where they were at.

But it's the way he did it...Watch the press conference again if you think that FalconsfanDK was exaggerating. Almost every answer to any question included a snarky, sarcastic, condescending remark about "off season workouts". He absolutely made it sound as though anyone who had the workouts were idiots.

PS: Green Bay doesn't get a pass because it's "cold" in Wisconsin. There are plenty of cold-weather teams that organized workouts. The media had a right to question him about leadership regarding the off-season. And he had a right to prove them wrong.

Was it as bad as things other football players have said? Of course not. But it was classless, and arrogant, and smug. And it came across very much like he feels like everything is easy for him, doesn't need to work hard. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Yes, he did. I don't care whether or not he "intended" it for the media who ripped him and not specifically directed toward any of the other teams that did have the workouts. Bottom line, it was classless and came off as arrogant and a big disrespect to those teams that did have the workouts. There were plenty of ways he could have shot back at the media without belittling teams that worked out. But the way he did it made it came across like it was absolutely absurd and ridiculous that all these teams held workouts. Came across like the Packers were too good to even consider it, and they didn't need them.

Simple fact, you don't belittle efforts of leadership. And no, it has nothing to do with being a Saints fan. Drew Brees was one of MANY QBs to hold offseason workouts. Regardless if Rodgers thinks they helped or not, the act alone was of unifying a team, sticking together, and a show of leadership. It was a mature thing that most teams did.

There have been plenty of classy guys who took shots at the media without doing it at the expense of other teams and veteran leaders. I would have been fine with him ripping the media and telling them that there's "more than one way to show leadership besides organizing off-season workouts". Or he could have mentioned they didn't feel like they needed them because their off-season was so much shorter than most teams, and they felt confident where they were at.

But it's the way he did it...Watch the press conference again if you think that FalconsfanDK was exaggerating. Almost every answer to any question included a snarky, sarcastic, condescending remark about "off season workouts". He absolutely made it sound as though anyone who had the workouts were idiots.

PS: Green Bay doesn't get a pass because it's "cold" in Wisconsin. There are plenty of cold-weather teams that organized workouts. The media had a right to question him about leadership regarding the off-season. And he had a right to prove them wrong.

Was it as bad as things other football players have said? Of course not. But it was classless, and arrogant, and smug. And it came across very much like he feels like everything is easy for him, doesn't need to work hard. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Glad some folks ,even a NO fan, see the truth about the things AR has been saying lately.

He deserved to have a chip on his shoulder last season trying to get out of Brat Favre's shadow. He accomplised that in spades.

Unfortunately, he likes to go around and take swipes at teams, and players that have never been at odds with him...see his M. Sanchez comments in its entirety. Fighting battles that aren't there.

Funny how when Brat Favre blatanly attacks him he takes the high road. As much deserved credit AR has received for getting the Favre monkey off his back, he seems to be trending to Brat's likeness.

He's not the only QB that followed a legend and had unfair doubts and criticism cast his way. Steve Young never acted that way IIRC.

Packers are 31st in the NFL in pass defense (335 ypg). I couldn't believ it. We have to execute our run game to a tee and then open up the PA to abuse that pass D. Hopefully the o-line keeps Matt well protected. We can't afford to fall behind early as our D probably won't get to Rodgers to bring him down. My prediction?? If we lose, we'll be blown out. If we win, it'll be close. Hope Mularkey doesn't decide to be overly confident in passing the ball over running it down their throats

GO FALCONS!!!

Lessee.... We can. The Lions. The Eagles (once they get their stuff together). The Saints. Maybe another in the NFC. I'm just talkin the NFC. But more the point here should be - do you honestly see the Packers going 16-0? I sure don't. They're not like the (ugh) Patriots. Unfortunately most years of late i can see the Patriots going 16-0. The Packers just don't have that vibe.

Who can stop the Packers?

The Falcons once they pull their collective heads out of their collective azzes. I believe their entire division could take them outside of the Vikings

I havent seen it but....

Screw the Packers and their "ohhh im pissed off now" attitude. They are the freaking champs and they already embarrassed us. If they need some lil motivation to get ready for this game, Then good for them. But when your the champs at least act like it and don't look for little motivation to justify your game.

We are the underdogs and we got knocked out the playoffs by them. Its sad they have to look for some little comments to motivate them. Being the defending champs should be enough motivation.

I don't hope we just win. I hoe we expose a hole in their almighty armor for other teams to exploit. I don't think we cant just take them. I think any team in the NFC South stands a chance at beating them.

so they should just not bother "cuz they're the champs" ?

...then they'd be "Hungover" or "complacent..."

Pretty sure these guys want to Repeat as Champions.

Everyone talks about the Packers having a target on their back, well they're responding by coming out swinging and ready for the fight.

Edited by GBPFan

Everyone talks about the Packers having a target on their back, well they're responding by coming out swinging and ready for the fight.

Maybe. But you cant come out swinging on everyone.You dont want every team looking for blood every time they face you. Maybe getting in the media is their gameplan. Who knows. Its working for them now.

But once you got the ring, you have proved you are the team. Its no secret every team is gunning to be where you are. Thats the price of being champs. But how you act as champs reflects the organization.

If Rodgers wants to motivate himself by anything... its cool. But he is the champ. Do it with the team and behind closed doors. or dont be shocked when people wanna kill you. No 1 wants their face rubbed in crap after who just whipped their ***. Yes we may have sour grapes because we got stomped. But when your the man, you dont need to make excuses for why you play great or are gonna play great. You proved your great by being the champs. Its everyone other teams job to measure up and knock the packs off the throne.

Edited by danight

Simple fact, you don't belittle efforts of leadership. And no, it has nothing to do with being a Saints fan. Drew Brees was one of MANY QBs to hold offseason workouts. Regardless if Rodgers thinks they helped or not, the act alone was of unifying a team, sticking together, and a show of leadership. It was a mature thing that most teams did..

1: So the guys that held the workouts and bragged about how Great they were as human beings for doing it and telling the media how great they were for holding those workouts wasn't disrespectful to the teams that decided it was best not to hold the workouts?

2: We're 4-0, beat your team... have the no.1 offense in scoring, you be the judge. Did we need them?

3 & 4: So it's cool to belittle Rodger's leadership and character and call him classless ...okay?

just answer me this ...WhoMad?

So they should talk less and show more class "cuz they're the champs."

Then they'd be respected and given full credit.

Pretty sure they're not going to repeat as champions.

Yes, the packers have started off well, but there are no guarantees in this league.

We're the underdog, but this team relishes that roll and should play very well at home, so we'll see what happens.

1: So the guys that held the workouts and bragged about how Great they were as human beings for doing it and telling the media how great they were for holding those workouts wasn't disrespectful to the teams that decided it was best not to hold the workouts?

2: We're 4-0, beat your team... have the no.1 offense in scoring, you be the judge. Did we need them?

3 & 4: So it's cool to belittle Rodger's leadership and character and call him classless ...okay?

1: Depends on how they did it. Talking about their workouts and how much it's helping their team in a serious manner is not bragging or being disrespectful...especially when being asked direct questions about it. If their team was on a roll and they were making a snarky/condescending/sarcastic comment about it after every question, even if it had nothing to do with the workouts...well, I'll be the first to tell you it would arrogant and classless. Say, if the Pakers lose to a team who had the workouts, and one of their players in the post-game keeps making belittling and condescending comments like "Well, I guess it had a lot to do with all our preseason workouts" ... "Must have been all that time we put in bring the team together during the lockout"...in a sarcastic, arrogant manner...that'd be classless too.

2: Obviously you didn't need them, and that's fine. But (in Rodgers's case) it's one thing to say in seriousness that you don't feel you needed them. Quite another to do it the way he did. In other words, there's a way to say it without being childish about it.

3: I wasn't belittling Rodgers. I'm not making him feel small and dwarfed by throwing out little jabbing, indirect, condescending comments about his behavior that mocks his lacking leadership or character. For one, I think he's a fine leader and I don't question his leadership ability. I wasn't coy or mocking about what I felt about him. I was blunt and honest. In fact, if he would have came out bluntly in his post-game and flat out said "Pre-lockout workouts were useless. There was no point in doing them. Those teams that did the workouts won't be any better because of it" ...I wouldn't have had a problem with that. His mocking manner/tone was childish. And yes, it was classless. I'm not saying he is classless, but that particular act was classless. Big difference.

Whether he meant to insult the teams that did the workouts or not doesn't change the fact that he did insult them. If I beat you in a debate, and never studied about the topic while you put in countless hours of study and prep, then kept making comments like "Oh, yeah, well it must have been all those hours of studying late night" and "pulling 24 hour study sessions is what helped me the most"...you know that'd be insulting to you. I'm sitting up there mocking and making fun of your work ethic, your character, your seriousness and dedication you put into the debate, etc. It'd be classless.

PS: I did this myself a few years back after winning an award for a music performance. It was stupid and childish of me. I knew what I was saying, and I knew how I meant it, and I knew it was a smug slap in the face to all those who had worked so hard and put in so many hours of practice. It was classless of me. Totally, completely and utterly classless.

In fact, if he would have came out bluntly in his post-game and flat out said "Pre-lockout workouts were useless. There was no point in doing them. Those teams that did the workouts won't be any better because of it" ...I wouldn't have had a problem with that.

Rodgers never made any comment about whether the Saints' or anyone else's workouts were useless. For all we know, they may have made a huge improvement to your team and that's why you're 3-1. What Rodgers has consistently said, during and since the lockout, was that workouts weren't necessary for Green Bay. Large numbers of journalists ripped him for this, and he was getting at them. Not other teams.

Clearly he could have said it better, because you're not the only one to go off in a huff about being disrespected. and there's no point upsetting people except on purpose. But it wasn't directed at other teams.