Blitz Aaron Rodgers And You're Bound To Pay A Hefty Price!

I posted this in a thread already, but it seem a lot of people here think the key to victory is nonstop blitzing. As the Saints found out with all their pressure in 1st quarter, that was a bad idea. After they went more into coverage, the won 2nd, 3rd, and 4th qtrs. Here is article:

GREEN BAY - Blitz Aaron Rodgers, and you're likely to pay a hefty price.

The previous two seasons combined, the Green Bay Packers quarterback owned the NFL's best passer rating (108.7) against the blitz, according to STATS.

In two games this season, Rodgers again ranks No. 1 against the blitz with an almost unheard of mark of 144.6

when teams pressure with five or more players or rush a defender who is not lined up on the line of scrimmage, as defined by STATS.

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/article_5672c76c-e59a-11e0-877b-001cc4c03286.html

Edited by Big A

well the key is definatly not play zone against them like we did in the playoffs bc he will pick it apart now knowing our DC our defensive playbook is zone blitz or cover 4 prevent. i would like to at least see us use the blitz and get hits on him than let him stand back there and pick our prevent defense apart all night maybe one day we can run some cover 2s and some press man to man coverage but that does not exist in the world of BVG

Yeah but we have a secret weapon. We're going to drop our best pass rusher into coverage. That's sure to confuse him. I know it confuses the **** out of me.

Thats funny :) ..... and sadly, its true :(

We have to attack. From abe`s side. Gotta get pressure off him and they are likely to attack that side to try and slow him down. If we dont attack, our D is gonna get torched anyways in soft zones. So might as well gamble. Id be moving lb`ers up to the line and backing them off all game long if nothing else for confusion.

If you can't disguise a blitz, a good QB will audible and eat you alive with someone on a hot route.

There's nothing surprising at all about that. Never has been. Moore is a very sneaky blitzer.

You don't think defensive coordinator Greg Williams, the most exotic blitzer in NFL, threw some of the most exotic blitzes at Rodgers? And look how that turned out! What do you think Moore by himself can do, he doesn't decide whether they blitz or not.

25 is the X factor in this game....If BV will allow grimes to man up which hes proven he can then allow WILLY MO to get after the QB from all angles and gaps Rodgers will be doomed

I don't know....Willy Mo is one of the guys who had a clean shot last year and Rodgers made him whiff big time. The guy was like Houdini that night.

Freak dem stats blitz that fool and knock him on his azz and while he down let babs fall on him dog pile his azz

Seriously? Just ignore a 144 QB Rating against the blitz? That's a good way to give up a 50 burger. I don't know why people get caught up into this. You blitz average or below average QBs. You defend against the great QBs. All of the great QBs in the league will destroy blitzes. Rodgers in particular is in a league of his own though. I've seen time after time that teams try to blitz him and give up a bunch of points very quickly only to have a much better effort when just trying to play the coverage.

You are never going to completely shut the guy down unless he simply has a bad game. All you can hope is to contain him and not give up the big plays. He is really on fire this year. He even torched Chicago pretty good who is usually his kryptonite.

I'd rather blitz the **** out of him and get beat that way than to slowly get picked apart like pulled pork sitting in zone.

Rodgers is that dude but we need to at least try to get pressure on him. We Can't be scared to go for broke.

Edited by Atl/0

Seriously? Just ignore a 144 QB Rating against the blitz? That's a good way to give up a 50 burger. I don't know why people get caught up into this. You blitz average or below average QBs. You defend against the great QBs. All of the great QBs in the league will destroy blitzes. Rodgers in particular is in a league of his own though. I've seen time after time that teams try to blitz him and give up a bunch of points very quickly only to have a much better effort when just trying to play the coverage.

You are never going to completely shut the guy down unless he simply has a bad game. All you can hope is to contain him and not give up the big plays. He is really on fire this year. He even torched Chicago pretty good who is usually his kryptonite.

Blitz him get beat stand in a zone get beat what's the difference is rather atleast try to shake him up a lil get his jersey dirty something

You don't think defensive coordinator Greg Williams, the most exotic blitzer in NFL, threw some of the most exotic blitzes at Rodgers? And look how that turned out! What do you think Moore by himself can do, he doesn't decide whether they blitz or not.

actually no he did not, if you watched the game..... the saints played ALOT of zone and were not their usual blitz heavy self.

Has anybody actually studied this - look at 2010:

10/3 vs. Detroit Rodgers sacked 2 times Close Win 28-26

10/10 vs. Wash Rodgers sacked 4 times Loss 13-16

10/17 vs. Miami Rodgers sacked 5 times Loss 20-23

12/12 vs Detroit Rodgers sacked 2 times Loss 3-7

or 2009:

9/20 vs. Cincinnati Rodgers sacked 6 times Loss 24-31

10/5 vs. Minnesota Rodgers sacked 8 times Loss 23-30

11/1 vs. Minnesota Rodgers sacked 6 times Loss 26-38

11/8 vs. TB Rodgers sacked 6 times Loss 28-38

Rodgers is a good QB but any QB no matter how good can throw to a receiver if a good rush only gives him a couple of seconds to throw

Has anybody actually studied this - look at 2010:

10/3 vs. Detroit Rodgers sacked 2 times Close Win 28-26

10/10 vs. Wash Rodgers sacked 4 times Loss 13-16

10/17 vs. Miami Rodgers sacked 5 times Loss 20-23

12/12 vs Detroit Rodgers sacked 2 times Loss 3-7

or 2009:

9/20 vs. Cincinnati Rodgers sacked 6 times Loss 24-31

10/5 vs. Minnesota Rodgers sacked 8 times Loss 23-30

11/1 vs. Minnesota Rodgers sacked 6 times Loss 26-38

11/8 vs. TB Rodgers sacked 6 times Loss 28-38

Rodgers is a good QB but any QB no matter how good can throw to a receiver if a good rush only gives him a couple of seconds to throw

Yeah like Edwards is going to get to him. Remember how our defense whiffed in the playoff game? It's Godgers among men.