Has Julio Done Anything Other Than Take Away Roddy's Catches?

Daddy's Home

Call it cancer, call it the Roddy killer, call it cannibalism, but the writing's on the wall. Julio Jones was brought in so that Roddy White can be expendable. We have White teaching Julio how to play, only to have Julio kick White off the team.

Be ready to see White on the Patriots in a couple of years. The Falcons have no loyalty to veteran players and White is not 'goody two shoes' enough to pass the Falcon Filter when his contract expires.

That's BLASPHEMY!!!! Roddy aint goin no where. They brought Julio in to have a MORE explosive offense.

Roddy didn't play focused football his first 3 years. The difference is...Julio is NFL ready..and even though he's younger...may be more mature than Roddy. The reason Julio is getting targeted more is because..DCs are still frightened of what Roddy can do. Now that opposing teams have film on him...they'll start to taper off of Roddy and focus more on Julio. It's a win win. Genious!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's BLASPHEMY!!!! Roddy aint goin no where. They brought Julio in to have a MORE explosive offense.

Roddy didn't play focused football his first 3 years. The difference is...Julio is NFL ready..and even though he's younger...may be more mature than Roddy. The reason Julio is getting targeted more is because..DCs are still frightened of what Roddy can do. Now that opposing teams have film on him...they'll start to taper off of Roddy and focus more on Julio. It's a win win. Genious!!!

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think Roddy is going to play out his career here. He's almost 30 and in our GMs eye's hes been nothing but a distraction. TD has to try to make back those picks spent on Julio somehow, making Roddy perfect for some sort of trade bait.

Plus, there is absolutely no reason to have 2 top WRs, when you have a QB that can't throw, you have a o-line that can't block, and you have a OC/HC that likes to run the ball.

Now I don't think Roddy will be traded, but he definitely won't be resigned.

Edited by Vick to Julio

Call it cancer, call it the Roddy killer, call it cannibalism, but the writing's on the wall. Julio Jones was brought in so that Roddy White can be expendable. We have White teaching Julio how to play, only to have Julio kick White off the team.

Be ready to see White on the Patriots in a couple of years. The Falcons have no loyalty to veteran players and White is not 'goody two shoes' enough to pass the Falcon Filter when his contract expires.

It angers me that we cant negative idiots like this.

This is what drives Falcons fans nuts. We knew for the past 4 years that we didn't have a good option at wr outside of Roddy. Now we have Julio and YOU are complaining. Have you not seen Roddy's drops? While he is on pace to still have a good season, Roddy needs to pick it up. Any decrease is his fault at this point.

This is what drives Falcons fans nuts. We knew for the past 4 years that we didn't have a good option at wr outside of Roddy. Now we have Julio and YOU are complaining. Have you not seen Roddy's drops? While he is on pace to still have a good season, Roddy needs to pick it up. Any decrease is his fault at this point.

**** yes, and we were called trolls and haters for pointing out what a monstrous failure Michael Jenkins was, even when TD was giving him that ******** extension. I don't want to see Roddy go anywhere by any means but Julio is a bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, younger version of Roddy White, and also without the steep learning curve Roddy experienced. I am a huge roddy supporter but I'm with you, he needs to kill the drops. This is not a team built to overcome the type of mistakes roddy's been making. We need everything we can get, thats what happens when you have a conservative philosiphy. When you have a team that can score in a flash, the turnovers and drops arent as bad, but we are a team whose success will live and die on small things and methodical execution.

I already stated facts that the OP disappeared on and people overlook but did you guys know Roddy is 2nd in the league with first down receptions? Anybody who says Mularkey, Roddy, or any other offensive player lost the TB game is not paying attention. The Falcons defense lets too many teams back in the game in the 3rd qtr. That's why Ryan has such a great comeback record in the 4th because the defense lost the lead in the 3rd or created a greater separation when trailing.

Guest Negatorris

We suck in the third quarter. I don't know what they do in the locker room, but something needs to change. We lay an egg against the Packers in the third quarter, and they will score more than what TJax ever could do.

We suck in the third quarter. I don't know what they do in the locker room, but something needs to change. We lay an egg against the Packers in the third quarter, and they will score more than what TJax ever could do.

Our coaches are hella bad at making half time adjustments or any adjustments at all. Hella stubborn if you ask me.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think Roddy is going to play out his career here. He's almost 30 and in our GMs eye's hes been nothing but a distraction. TD has to try to make back those picks spent on Julio somehow, making Roddy perfect for some sort of trade bait.

Plus, there is absolutely no reason to have 2 top WRs, when you have a QB that can't throw, you have a o-line that can't block, and you have a OC/HC that likes to run the ball.

Now I don't think Roddy will be traded, but he definitely won't be resigned.

How do you know he's a distraction in the GMs eyes? Are you two drinking buddies or something?

The qb can throw.... the o-line can block......and running the ball controls the tempo and eats the clock giving your defense time to rest... We all to want to see the homerun ball...but if we dont need to do that stuff...less chance of turnovers or incompletions. Stop hating on the team. If it isn't Ryan..it's Turner..it's Roddy...blah blah..... If you dont like OUR team then get off the board.

I just want somebody to say that they expect Matt Ryan to set the league record for passing attempts this year.

Once we establish that... We will sort the rest out.

The numbers are skewed and you know it.

That's why nobody will address it.

Nobody will address it, because one poster brought up these numbers, based on the fact that Ryan has had 2 or so games where he had 40+ attempts. No one will address it because your logic has failed again, and you are trying to find something, anything to hold onto so you can "stick it" to the fans that will say something ludicrous like "Ryan is throwing the ball 700 times this year and throw for 5000+ yards." News flash Pudding, no one is going to say that, because we all realize (or at least some of us do) that there is no way Ryan will do that. We will have a few games where Turner and the run game is working and Ryan may only throw it 15 or 20 times.

Roddy needs to get his chinstrap tightened and worry about catching the balls that he is getting thrown his way, or an argument about whether he or Julio is the #1 will be a moot point, as the production on the field will illustrate this point. Again, as has been stated many times before, you want Roddy to have great production in tandem with Julio...let Roddy know he needs to stop dropping his chances. Besides, wasn't the only knock on Julio out of Alabama that he had the dropsies at times?

You have your moments, and as far as trolls go, you're the best here, although Swift and Phalcon Phail are coming up close behind, but on this one you are flat our wrong.So you are just backpedaling into something, anything that can make you right. Nice try...

Edited by Magic Man

Roddy's receiving numbers are down this year. Why?

Is it because teams are covering him better? I doubt it.

Is he not as good as he used to be? I doubt it.

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

So there you have it folks:

1) Roddy's numbers are down.

2) The team will likely have a substantially worse record than last year.

3) We might not make the playoffs.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

And I hate to say this... but...

There's a reason CANCER is called the silent killer.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

ever stop to think that the reason his numbers are down is because HES DROPPING TO MANY PASSES...you must have roddy on your ff team...lol

I already stated facts that the OP disappeared on and people overlook but did you guys know Roddy is 2nd in the league with first down receptions? Anybody who says Mularkey, Roddy, or any other offensive player lost the TB game is not paying attention. The Falcons defense lets too many teams back in the game in the 3rd qtr. That's why Ryan has such a great comeback record in the 4th because the defense lost the lead in the 3rd or created a greater separation when trailing.

How the **** did the defense lose the game when our offense scored 13 points?

Ryan has a great comeback record because too often he spends the first 58 minutes of the game looking like Ryan Leaf.