Has Julio Done Anything Other Than Take Away Roddy's Catches?

Daddy's Home

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we are on "pace" to not make the playoffs.

I wish you would stop using the word "we" since you're not a fan of The Falcons but a troll who tries to stir the pot each week. Roddy is getting double teamed just about every game and Julio is making the most of his opportunities because of it.

Sorry it took me so long to respond back to my thread, my mum had to use our computer and I needed to check up on my online application to burger king. *cross fingers* Anyways, I guess I am slippin' because the stats shown in this thread show the err of my ways. It's those damned strawberry zimas I drank two and I guess I blacked out. I suppose I'll stick with wine coolers or maybe smirnoff ice next time.

Sorry it took me so long to respond back to my thread, my mum had to use our computer and I needed to check up on my online application to burger king. *cross fingers* Anyways, I guess I am slippin' because the stats shown in this thread show the err of my ways. It's those damned strawberry zimas I drank two and I guess I blacked out. I suppose I'll stick with wine coolers or maybe smirnoff ice next time.

Troll trolls. Gotta love 'em.

See this is why DH isn't a troll, he's just too awesome to be one

Wow. Just, wow.

where do you think of this crap?

x2. Some people on this forum are just ********. Roddy's numbers were elevated last year because Ryan had no one else to throw the rock too. Plus, Roddy already has like 4 or 5 drops this season (coming in crucial points in the game nonetheless). Ryan is just testing Julio... he knows what to expect from Roddy. Other argument to chalk up on the bonehead board.

Roddy's receiving numbers are down this year. Why?

Is it because teams are covering him better? I doubt it.

Is he not as good as he used to be? I doubt it.

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

So there you have it folks:

1) Roddy's numbers are down.

2) The team will likely have a substantially worse record than last year.

3) We might not make the playoffs.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

And I hate to say this... but...

There's a reason CANCER is called the silent killer.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

its because mularkeys offense only allows for throws on 3rd down or after ryan takes over the play calling...

since hes got this new high price toy he fears he needs to use him so rather than getting creative and implementing some plays into the play book he just scratched off Roddy and wrote down julio on 3/4's of the plays

WOW JUST WOW... games are lost by more then just two plays..... or two drops...

Mularkey lost us that game........he had plenty of opportunities to get us to score......and he didnt....he ran turner into a brick wall....we had how many wasted possessions and if it werent for the interceptions our defense had, the bucs would have had more points...mularkey sucks....he should know that we give up 26.2 points per game through 4 games and thats counting the fact that vick missed a full quarter, we played jackson/freeman/and cutler which are all the worst scoring teams in the league..............so if we give up 26.2 points every game to the worst talent in the league plus the eagles 9th in the league in scoring minus a quarter then against good teams they will put up 35 every week

So what does that tell us and what should that tell mularkey? quit running turner for two yards a carry and design an offensive gameplan to put up 35 points a game or we wont win many games...and as you can see we havent... the only games we have won we have scored 30 plus I dont know why this OC thats supposedly this offense genius (self proclaimed) cant figure that out

We need to come out in spread and start gunning or we are toast.....we will win half our games against the worst teams and lose most our games against the good and best teams and we wont make the playoffs........hopefully this years failure will lead to a new coaching staff because this staff sucks

I hate replying to threads that are on Page 5, because by that point the thread has usually turned to crap and has nothing to do with the thread topic anymore.

But I will reply to the OP topic and say that Julio Jones is quietly emerging into a star. He is playing outstanding IMO. Ryan has been over-throwing him too many times on the deep balls, but Ryan isnt the most accurate deep-baller in the world.

Right now, Julio is our best WR. Roddy is having problems he needs to get corrected. Julio and Gonzalez are carrying our pass offense right now.

Mularkey lost us that game........he had plenty of opportunities to get us to score......and he didnt....he ran turner into a brick wall....we had how many wasted possessions and if it werent for the interceptions our defense had, the bucs would have had more points...mularkey sucks....he should know that we give up 26.2 points per game through 4 games and thats counting the fact that vick missed a full quarter, we played jackson/freeman/and cutler which are all the worst scoring teams in the league..............so if we give up 26.2 points every game to the worst talent in the league plus the eagles 9th in the league in scoring minus a quarter then against good teams they will put up 35 every week

So what does that tell us and what should that tell mularkey? quit running turner for two yards a carry and design an offensive gameplan to put up 35 points a game or we wont win many games...and as you can see we havent... the only games we have won we have scored 30 plus I dont know why this OC thats supposedly this offense genius (self proclaimed) cant figure that out

We need to come out in spread and start gunning or we are toast.....we will win half our games against the worst teams and lose most our games against the good and best teams and we wont make the playoffs........hopefully this years failure will lead to a new coaching staff because this staff sucks

if we give up sooo much, then that tells us we need to RUN the ball... i dnt have a problem with MM philosyphy, i have a problem with his predictable play calling... i dnt mind running the ball when i kno our defense cnt stop anyone... think about it.. if we was a quick strike team and our defense played as poor as they are, we would look just like the eagles... all fire power but no ppwer to stop anyone elses... this is a team game, not an offensive game, you gotta think about the team, if your defense is weak, then its up to ST and the offense to help the defense vice versa..

against the bucs the offense was struggling, but our defense kept us in the game until the very end, our defense gave us an opprotunity to win that game.. if they came out and played the way they did the other three weeks we wouldnt have stood a chance in that game... the score probably would have been 30 something to 16

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

You time and time again say the stupidest sh^t ive ever heard. Julio isnt stealing catches, hes just not dropping the ball right now like roddy is. Roddy is prob the most pissed about his performance so far and i see him lighting it up this weekend. Plus MM horrible play-calling has a good amount to do with it. Please just leave our forum, im really sick of having to explain how stupid you are.

Go Falconswub.png

This topic and the OP are so full of fail that I'm surprised this message board has enough room to contain it.

Roddy's 115 catches last year was quite dubious--on one hand, it was a testament to just how great of a receiver he is. However, on the other hand, it demonstrated a clear over-reliance on a single playmaker. The problem was not that he caught 115 passes, the problem was that no one else really consistently stepped up as a playmaking threat on any down or situation (Gonzo was good, but nowhere near the consistent playmaking threat of Roddy).

And for an offense hurting for the big or explosive play, that wasn't good.

This year is different. I HOPE Roddy catches less passes this year. If so, it probably means we spread the ball around a bit more and had other guys, like Julio step up more as playmakers. No longer can teams try to scheme to just take Roddy out--they now have Julio to worry about as well.

This is not a bad thing...in fact it is a very good thing. Fix the O Line, and get our running game back to what it was a couple years ago, and you will see a dangerous one-two punch in Roddy and Julio.

I'm just sayin'

You're right. We just need to cut him now so he doesn't ruin this team. Maybe Minny will trade MJ back to us.

Call it cancer, call it the Roddy killer, call it cannibalism, but the writing's on the wall. Julio Jones was brought in so that Roddy White can be expendable. We have White teaching Julio how to play, only to have Julio kick White off the team.

Be ready to see White on the Patriots in a couple of years. The Falcons have no loyalty to veteran players and White is not 'goody two shoes' enough to pass the Falcon Filter when his contract expires.

Edited by Vick to Julio