Has Julio Done Anything Other Than Take Away Roddy's Catches?

Daddy's Home

Ok, lets summarize. Daddy's not home and all the lights are off... if you know what I mean. Daddy, who is a fraud, is simply attempting another fruitless endeavor at treachery and deceit. DH's biggest fault lies in the fact that he actually believes that he is smarter than everyone else. He understands that there is no merit in most of his points, so he chooses dishonesty, deceptiveness, guile, and fakery to promote his illigitimate arguments. This is done for the sole purpose of irritating others. It's what makes him tick. Sad, but this is why trolls live under bridges. They have no other forms of enjoyment which give them as much pleasure. A gnat and a troll share a common purpose... to annoy people. Some here read this drivel and assume his sincerity, however, most understand it's disingenuous. Lets all run back onto the playground now and continue our game with the big, red, rubber-ball... Oh, Daddy's Home, tell us again why we should hate our new, ultra-talented, future star who is taking all those balls away from our other talented players... Quit living in the past DH. If you wanted to keep Jenkins or not trade up for Julio, or draft Olinemen, or whatever, then just say so and use that as the basis for your point. Because your wasting most everyones time trying to convince us to dislike Julio. Whatever your silly case might be, too bad, we got Julio, and now we have to find a way to continue winning ballgames. Even if Julio was not taken at #6, we would still be in the very same boat i have a feeling... The sked is tuff, and we still have weaknesses. But like the other poster said, two great recievers are better than one. Problem was we couldn't get the value of an Olinemen that would payoff as well as the value we got for Julio, especially when taking into account the newly negotiated signing contracts for rookies... Oh, its my turn to kick the red ball...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats totally debunk this thread:

2011 Stats Projected based on 4 "horrible" games:

104 Catches

75.5 yards/game

1208 yards for the season

2010 Stats :

115 Catches

86.8 yards/game

1389 yards for the season

In reality if you include a few of those drops Roddy is on the same pace as he was last year, if you look at it over the course of his entire career it would be his 2nd best season ever.

But Trolls will Troll and they love discontent within a Fanbase.

Ok, lets summarize. Daddy's not home and all the lights are off... if you know what I mean. Daddy, who is a fraud, is simply attempting another fruitless endeavor at treachery and deceit. DH's biggest fault lies in the fact that he actually believes that he is smarter than everyone else. He understands that there is no merit in most of his points, so he chooses dishonesty, deceptiveness, guile, and fakery to promote his illigitimate arguments. This is done for the sole purpose of irritating others. It's what makes him tick. Sad, but this is why trolls live under bridges. They have no other forms of enjoyment which give them as much pleasure. A gnat and a troll share a common purpose... to annoy people. Some here read this drivel and assume his sincerity, however, most understand it's disingenuous. Lets all run back onto the playground now and continue our game with the big, red, rubber-ball... Oh, Daddy's Home, tell us again why we should hate our new, ultra-talented, future star who is taking all those balls away from our other talented players... Quit living in the past DH. If you wanted to keep Jenkins or not trade up for Julio, or draft Olinemen, or whatever, then just say so and use that as the basis for your point. Because your wasting most everyones time trying to convince us to dislike Julio. Whatever your silly case might be, too bad, we got Julio, and now we have to find a way to continue winning ballgames. Even if Julio was not taken at #6, we would still be in the very same boat i have a feeling... The sked is tuff, and we still have weaknesses. But like the other poster said, two great recievers are better than one. Problem was we couldn't get the value of an Olinemen that would payoff as well as the value we got for Julio, especially when taking into account the newly negotiated signing contracts for rookies... Oh, its my turn to kick the red ball...

Again...

Somebody go on the record and state that you believe Matt Ryan is going to set the league record for passing attempts this year.

Noone will do it. You know this is where your premise falls apart. Matt Ryan has thrown the ball over 40 times in 3 of the 4 games this year. Those receiving numbers are skewed. Roddy White's numbers are down. If Matt Ryan had thrown this many times last year, Roddy would have had a heck of a lot more than 115 catches.

Julio Jones...

is going...

to get...

Matt Ryan...

KILLED!

Stats totally debunk this thread:

2011 Stats Projected based on 4 "horrible" games:

104 Catches

75.5 yards/game

1208 yards for the season

2010 Stats :

115 Catches

86.8 yards/game

1389 yards for the season

In reality if you include a few of those drops Roddy is on the same pace as he was last year, if you look at it over the course of his entire career it would be his 2nd best season ever.

But Trolls will Troll and they love discontent within a Fanbase.

LOL.

Adjust it for Matt Ryan's number of passing attempts.

Just tell the truth bro.

Roddy's numbers are down substantially and there is no doubt about it.

That's like going from here to there on one tank of gas. Then you build another car with poor fuel efficiency and then add a gas tank that is twice as large and turn around and say it's just as efficient because you are still getting there on "one tank" of gas.

His numbers are down folks.

Again...

Somebody go on the record and state that you believe Matt Ryan is going to set the league record for passing attempts this year.

Noone will do it. You know this is where your premise falls apart. Matt Ryan has thrown the ball over 40 times in 3 of the 4 games this year. Those receiving numbers are skewed. Roddy White's numbers are down. If Matt Ryan had thrown this many times last year, Roddy would have had a heck of a lot more than 115 catches.

Julio Jones...

is going...

to get...

Matt Ryan...

KILLED!

Is this a new topic or just the one that you had to run to once you got your azz handed to ya AGAIN? Perhaps you should entitle this one..."our o-line sux right now". Ryan can drop back, regardless of the number of times, and he's gonna take a beating until we can fix that little problem called "pass protection". What the **** does this have to do with Roddy being robbed by Julio dipstick? Our team, let alone Ryan, won't stand a chance until we block. If we cannot run block, then he'll have to drop back more. Double edged sword. Not sure what your point is. No $hit sherlock, Ryan is running for his life and if we're not careful he might get hurt... so your point will be that you warned us about what is obvious... please man, get real DH.

I think what Daddy's Home is trying to get at is that the trade won't be worth it in the end.

On that point, he might be right. There are some holes in this squad, and some young players who looked to be on their way, all of a sudden don't look as promising.

The way he went about making his point was intended to irritate, and I see it did, so I guess I was wrong about this being an epic fail.

I just want somebody to say that they expect Matt Ryan to set the league record for passing attempts this year.

Once we establish that... We will sort the rest out.

The numbers are skewed and you know it.

That's why nobody will address it.

record for most passing attempts in a season is 691 by drew bledsoe. matt ryan is not on that pace. he isn't even the league leader in passing attempts.

Roddy's receiving numbers are down this year. Why?

Is it because teams are covering him better? I doubt it.

Is he not as good as he used to be? I doubt it.

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

So there you have it folks:

1) Roddy's numbers are down.

2) The team will likely have a substantially worse record than last year.

3) We might not make the playoffs.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

And I hate to say this... but...

There's a reason CANCER is called the silent killer.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

i wonder if colts fans said this when the colts picked up reggie wayne to partner with marvin harrison...

I think what Daddy's Home is trying to get at is that the trade won't be worth it in the end.

On that point, he might be right. There are some holes in this squad, and some young players who looked to be on their way, all of a sudden don't look as promising.

The way he went about making his point was intended to irritate, and I see it did, so I guess I was wrong about this being an epic fail.

LOL, and irritate he does... But I wasn't all that irritated as much as I was trying to prove a point or two... DH is a thinking mans troll and puts a good amount of effort into his thoughts when he's not pounding strawberry Zima's LOL... Maybe I am too direct which may be due to the fact that we are being bombarded w/ negative troll baiting. Sometimes I feel I have to defend our turf. But perhaps it might be that I just dont understand the dynamics of these MB's after only a few years. Bottom line, I think the fact that we did not miss on Julio is a HUGE plus for us and it will temper the loss of a few picks. The 4ths are a wash, no one can convince me otherwise. Lets say we grabbed an Olinemen or a DE in the 27th spot. The value was really not there w/ the type of potential impact that Julio has. In fact this year may have even ended up being more difficult had we had a 27th round DE or OL. Yes we will miss those other picks next year no doubt and we have to see if Ray pans out too?? This whole equation is complex and if we use the picks we have wisely on OL next year, plus a nice FA OL, we may be OK for the long haul. I think we overestimated our Oline and just how strong it was... Time will tell though. For all of our sake, i sure hope everything pays off and our players show what they are made of...

OK, I will feed the troll..

From Matt Ryan's Boston College bio......

2007 Season

Started all 14 games...completed 388-of-654 passes for 4,507 yards and 31 touchdowns, both school single-season records..

So the boy can throw 654 times in a season and not go to the hospital. But you knew this already and didn't really care.

Now who wants pizza??

Roddy's receiving numbers are down this year. Why?

Is it because teams are covering him better? I doubt it.

Is he not as good as he used to be? I doubt it.

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

So there you have it folks:

1) Roddy's numbers are down.

2) The team will likely have a substantially worse record than last year.

3) We might not make the playoffs.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

And I hate to say this... but...

There's a reason CANCER is called the silent killer.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

Against the Bucs Matt Ryan targeted Roddy 17 times. So go cry about something else.