Has Julio Done Anything Other Than Take Away Roddy's Catches?

Daddy's Home

Guest mashburn

So you have a problem that julio is catching to many balls? Really?

So you don't care that julio is breaking tackles and getting more yards after the catch?

I bet you got mad as **** when we got gonzalez and he took away from palmer and pelle. Cause gonzalez got a lot of touches and made yardage after his catch.

Dude just stop with your post. You never had one good post. You always put down a player or line or coach. And all your negative post never have a point. for instance this post, someone shut you down by saying how julio didn't steal and gave you statistics, yet your still talking.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have a problem that julio is catching to many balls? Really?

So you don't care that julio is breaking tackles and getting more yards after the catch?

I bet you got mad as **** when we got gonzalez and he took away from palmer and pelle. Cause gonzalez got a lot of touches and made yardage after his catch.

Dude just stop with your post. You never had one good post. You always put down a player or line or coach. And all your negative post never have a point. for instance this post, someone shut you down by saying how julio didn't steal and gave you statistics, yet your still talking.

Actually he has a lot of great posts at times. This just isn't one of them.

I hate to break it to you but, Ryan and the Oline are far bigger problems than our wrs (besides the recent drops wtf).

I hate to break it to ya Phil...

But that's my point.

We gave of five picks for a spot that was not the problem. Now they are robbing Peter to pay Paul for it. The nfl record for passing attempts in a single season is: 591. That was from Peyton Manning who never gets touched. If you really wanna pencil Ryan in for 656 with the hits he's taking meet me at his funeral.

Bottom line folks:

The recieving numbers so far this year are artificially inflated. One way or the other, those numbers are going to match up with what they should be if they were properly weighted. If that means Ryan's arm falls off or he gets carted off to the ICU at Grady, the stats gone match up.

Nah DH is funny pretty often, it's just right now he's flat out wrong.

Ok. Fine.

Y'all just go on the record and say you project Ryan to throw the ball 656 times.

The fact is, you guys are not being hones with yourselves. Look at how many more times per game Ryan is having to throw the ball per game for them to get those receiving numbers. That's crazy!

I hate to break it to ya Phil...

But that's my point.

We gave of five picks for a spot that was not the problem. Now they are robbing Peter to pay Paul for it. The nfl record for passing attempts in a single season is: 591. That was from Peyton Manning who never gets touched. If you really wanna pencil Ryan in for 656 with the hits he's taking meet me at his funeral.

Bottom line folks:

The recieving numbers so far this year are artificially inflated. One way or the other, those numbers are going to match up with what they should be if they were properly weighted. If that means Ryan's arm falls off or he gets carted off to the ICU at Grady, the stats gone match up.

I see your point to a certain degree, but it's not julio's fault the front office has been ignoring the oline for years. Your aggression should be aimed at the genius.

When Julio starts demanding a bit more attention then things will open up for Roddy and then things will open for Julio......back and forth back and forth, they both will get their share. But dang Roddy when you get yours hold on to the ball.

I see your point to a certain degree, but it's not julio's fault the front office has been ignoring the oline for years. Your aggression should be aimed at the genius.

That's true... to a certain extent.

But when you factor in... the path of least resistance...

Julio's the guy.

It's gonna be a long time before YKW or Schmitty have to answer any tough questions.

Nah... seriously. Never said he was at fault.

What I said was something totally different.

Oct. 02, 2011 9:44 p.m. - by Jason Butt - Ryan says Falcons did not emphasize WR Jones (11 catches)

QB Matt Ryan said there was no concerted effort to get the ball to WR Julio Jones , who had 11 catches for 127 yards: “It was just that we had safety rotation away from where Julio was at in one-on-ones. ... I just try to stay within the offense, understand the reads and work the progressions the way they need to be worked, and today the ball found him.”

Falcons RapidReports

Something interesting. Ryan saw that they rolled to Roddy and trusted Julio to keep going to him. Julio essentially beat the Seahawks. Teams knew Jenkins couldn't do what Julio did and so they never respected him. This opened the offense up to being more balanced and a win.

What's concerning is Ryan "staying within the offense". The problem with this is that staying within the offense only works with a good scheme. When he stays within the offense, we score 0 points against above average teams like, say Tampa Bay. But once reign is given the green light to step outside the offense, we go on fourth quarter comeback tears.

Roddy's receiving numbers are down this year. Why?

Is it because teams are covering him better? I doubt it.

Is he not as good as he used to be? I doubt it.

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

So there you have it folks:

1) Roddy's numbers are down.

2) The team will likely have a substantially worse record than last year.

3) We might not make the playoffs.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

And I hate to say this... but...

There's a reason CANCER is called the silent killer.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

To be truthful and brutally honest, you are an idiot.

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

Obvious troll is Obvious.

The logic for this argument makes absolutely no sense. By saying "Julio is taking Roddy's catches" you are implying that everytime we run the ball "Turner is taking Roddy's catches" or furthermore you are stating when Gonzalez catches a td "Gonzalez is taking Roddy's td's" . You could take this logic to the other side of the ball and also state everytime Edwards gets a sack "Edwards is taking Abrahams sacks." So basically you are saying "Dont upgrade your playmakers, keep taking 5 yard quick slants over and over." Dumb argument bro.

I'm just sayin'

I just assume you are joking!!

I'm just sayin'

If Jones has 50 catches and Roddy has 90, the offense is more unpredictable. No offense, but this is one of the worst posts I've ever seen. You can do better than that...

Roddy has 6 less catches than at this point last year. And he's dropped 9. So, actually, had Roddy been more focused, he would have MORE catches, twit.

Now, if you want to ask if Roddy is less focused, or pushing too hard since Julio's here, you might have a legitimate point. But then, you've never needed that before to spout your ignorance.