Has Julio Done Anything Other Than Take Away Roddy's Catches?

Roddy's receiving numbers are down this year. Why?

Is it because teams are covering him better? I doubt it.

Is he not as good as he used to be? I doubt it.

Is it any reason other than the fact that Julio is getting Roddy's catches? No. There is no other reason.

Listen... If Julio can come in here and add to what we had, then fine. But if he is just gonna rob Peter to pay Paul, that's messed up.

I think Roddy had something in the neigbhorhood of 115 catches last year. If Julio has 50 catches at the end of the year and Roddy has between 80 and 90, what have we accomplished? Nothing will have been added to the offense. So far Roddy is not getting numbers and this is with the so-called inability of teams to double him.

So there you have it folks:

1) Roddy's numbers are down.

2) The team will likely have a substantially worse record than last year.

3) We might not make the playoffs.

Folks... I am the first to admit that, on the surface, Julio seems like a nice guy.

And I hate to say this... but...

There's a reason CANCER is called the silent killer.

Before y'all go all crazy, I did not actually call Julio a cancer. And I am not gonna call Julio a cancer...

I'm just sayin'

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think its a bad thing that we have two playmakers rather than one? That it is better to just keep feeding Roddy over and over and over and over, rather than mix it up a bit?

When Julio catches a short route, breaks a tackle, and breaks a 65 yard TD run, are you gonna see that he is an asset? Because im telling you, JJ is gonna break a big one soon.

You really think its a bad thing that we have two playmakers rather than one?

I would rather have TWO playmakers than one. However, if all we are going to do is take the plays that Roddy made last year, and split them between the two of them, then from a practical point of view we still only have the production of ONE playmaker.

I usually like your work, but spectacular fail on this one.

We're in the middle of a recession bro...

It's hard on everybody.

Roddy has something like six drops on the year.

He ain't gettin' the reps bro... If we are gonna sacrifice everything and dedicate the whole season to justifying that ridiculous trade, we could just grabbed Charles Rogers off the scrap heap and forced the ball to him 16 times a game.

Edited by Daddy's Home

roddy, even with his drops, is on pace for 104 catches and 1200 yards which would be his second best year statistically

julio is on pace for 96 catches and almost 1400 yards

micheal jenkins never caught more then 53 catches and never went over 800 yards receiving.

julio and roddy>>>>>>>>>>>> jenkins and roddy and it's not even close.

roddy, even with his drops, is on pace for 104 catches and 1200 yards which would be his second best year statistically

julio is on pace for 96 catches and almost 1400 yards

micheal jenkins never caught more then 53 catches and never went over 800 yards receiving.

julio and roddy>>>>>>>>>>>> jenkins and roddy and it's not even close.

And we are on "pace" to not make the playoffs.

I would rather have TWO playmakers than one. However, if all we are going to do is take the plays that Roddy made last year, and split them between the two of them, then from a practical point of view we still only have the production of ONE playmaker.

We're in the middle of a recession bro...

It's hard on everybody.

Well, what youre saying is we basically will split Roddys production into two people and not gaining production, but you are adding production as a result of not having a quality second WR before.

So if Roddy catches 75 passes (which is a low estimate) but JJ catches 60. That is 135. Only 20 more than Roddy had last year, but he isnt gonna have 115 catches every year, with or without JJ.

I see it as having not one, but two Roddy Whites. Double your pleasure, double your fun.

Edited by blackredfellow

Well, what youre saying is we basically will split Roddys production into two people and not gaining production, but you are adding production as a result of not having a quality second WR before.

So if Roddy catches 75 passes (which is a low estimate) but JJ catches 60. That is 135. Only 20 more than Roddy had last year, but he isnt gonna have 115 catches every year, with or without JJ.

I see it as having not one, but two Roddy Whites. Double your pleasure, double your fun.

except the premise that we are splitting the production isn't true. last year we got 156 catches from jenkins and roddy for about 1800 yards. this year roddy and julio are on pace for 200 for about 2600 yards. we are getting much more production from the wrs then last year.

You still have to factor in the catches that Jenkins had last year too. Not to mention that HD's numbers are nowhere near what it was projected to be...

I'm tellin' ya bro... This cat is stealin' from erybody.

It's gone catch up to him though. It aint gone metastasize.

He ain't gettin' the reps bro... If we are gonna sacrifice everything and dedicate the whole season to justifying that ridiculous trade, we could just grabbed Charles Rogers off the scrap heap and forced the ball to him 16 times a game.

You do realize that there are usually 2 receivers in most of our formations, and even when there is only 1 receiver Roddy has been the one receiver.

except the premise that we are splitting the production isn't true. last year we got 156 catches from jenkins and roddy for about 1800 yards. this year roddy and julio are on pace for 200 for about 2600 yards. we are getting much more production from the wrs then last year.

How is it untrue. Are you guys weighing those numbers? I mean we have all of these statistical analists in here... Are you all just taking the catches from the first four games and extrapalating them out to 16?

If that's the case, then Ryan is on pace to throw the ball 656 times this year!

He only has 1620 TOTAL passes for his entire 4 year career!

He has only thrown more than 450 passes in a year ONCE in his entire career!

Fess up folks... Is that what y'all are doing?

And with the hits he's been taking? If that's the case, those numbers will most certainly drop because Ryan wont make it past the mid point of the season dropping back that many times.

Tell the truth folks...

Just tell the truth.

Edited by Daddy's Home

You still have to factor in the catches that Jenkins had last year too. Not to mention that HD's numbers are nowhere near what it was projected to be...

I'm tellin' ya bro... This cat is stealin' from erybody.

It's gone catch up to him though. It aint gone metastasize.

By that logic, couldnt you argue that every catch Jenkins had took a catch away from Roddy?

My argument is not a question of taking away from Roddy, Roddy's production can stay the same (which by the way he is right on pace for a typical Roddy season), its the complimentary production we are talking about here.

I love having a WR with 115 catches, but give me TWO WRs with 80+ catches all day.

How is it untrue. Are you guys weighing those numbers? I mean we have all of these statistical analists in here... Are you all just taking the catches from the first four games and extrapalating them out to 16?

If that's the case, then Ryan is on pace to throw the ball 656 times this year!

He only has 987 TOTAL passes for his entire 4 year career!

Fess up folks... Is that what y'all are doing?

And with the hits he's been taking? If that's the case, those numbers will most certainly drop because Ryan wont make it past the mid point of the season dropping back that many times.

Tell the truth folks...

Just tell the truth.

of course we are using the first four games, what else is there to go on? i'll tell you what, you tell me how julio is stealing roddy's catches without using the first four games.

so what is this thread about? the team making the playoffs or roddy and julio? the contention was that julio was taking roddy's plays away which statistically is unfounded.

This, you've already been proven wrong so now you're just trying to turn it into "well the falcons won't make the playoffs still HURR DURR" and it makes no sense in context with what the thread is about. He isn't stealing, he's improving us...Ryan's had two 300 yard games already and he almost had another at Seattle.

EDIT: And Phil for the love of all that's good and pure STOP turning every thread into a Ryan-hate-suckfest.

Edited by Falcan Moore