Message To The Quitters That Already Forfeited The Gb Game

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, nevermind. I didn't know you were a Panthers fan. You have alot of posts to be a fan of another team. You spend more time here than anywhere else it seems.

Cam Newton will wear a SB ring before the noodle.

Nah again this is highly debateable and very opionated. What is he going to do when smith is gone; he only has maybe 2-3 more seasons he has already been in the league 11 years. Who will he throw to then? Cam is better in your eyes, but you fail to acknowledge that he has the way better line.

To worry that we may not win this game should be natural of any fan. Otherwise, they are naive.

And history has proven many times that any NFL game could be won by either team irregardless of the talent.

And do not forget the greatest thing that decides many games - luck.

You talk about being smart, but then you call out one of the most respected members of this board with your first post?!wacko.png

Perhaps I'm missing something...

I was not aware that seniority equated to how correct one was. I apologize. I'm frankly embarrassed of myself for missing the wonderful logic in the original post. Afterall, we will win, but not because of how good / bad Atlanta plays, but rather because "one of the most respected members" said so, and I, God forbid, disagreed with my....first....post. I have seen the light!

That is highly debateable, and very opionated.

It's highly debateable that Aaron Rodgers is better than Ryan? Really? Honestly? By what standard? Any stat? - no....Wins? - no....Playoff wins? - no....SB appearances? - no.....SB wins? - no....

It's "highly" debateable? My goodness, most fans are such homers. Whatever happened to being able to root for a team and still see their flaws? When did fans have to become fools?

You have a chance to win a million dollars. All you have to do is predict one win for the Falcons this season. Choose one game on the remaining schedule that you think they will win. If you're right you win a million bucks. Would you choose this game vs. The Packers? I don't think so.

It's highly debateable that Aaron Rodgers is better than Ryan? Really? Honestly? By what standard? Any stat? - no....Wins? - no....Playoff wins? - no....SB appearances? - no.....SB wins? - no....

It's "highly" debateable? My goodness, most fans are such homers. Whatever happened to being able to root for a team and still see their flaws? When did fans have to become fools?

Who the **** was talking about Aaron Rodgers? When did the person who jumps into a conversation and fail to apply reading comprehension not realize that the comment was for Cam Newton. Ignorance is bliss my illiterate friend. When did the person that was trying to jump into a conversation become so stupid in america; is that not still a requirement to graduate high school to pass a reading comprehension test?

Edited by Noles1985!

It was almost EXACTLY one year to the day Sunday that we almost lost to an 0-3 49ers team at home no less. Our offense looked pathetic. And if not for a Roddy miracle strip, we would've been 2-2 at that point. It's a long season guys and girls.

Even then, we still looked like a solid team. Offense sputtered against a decent defense and the 49ers had 1 offensive TD. We look like trash for much of the time we're out there this year.

I hate being so negative but that's just how I see it. We were much better last year, even with the debacle in Philly (which I blamed on Van Gorder). We've become a bad team over the offseason...not really sure why.

Anyone who's been a fan of this team for several years I would dare say is not "quitting". However, we're all adults here and most of us have good enough eye sight to know that if we employ the sit back in soft zone like we have been against Aaron Rodgers he's gonna carve us up like a big fat turkey.

You wanna know what would give me some optimism? Someone producing a picture of Van Gorders defensive playbook in the garbage can and him watching game film from the 77 Falcons defense. Al Davis said has two very smart quotes that pertain to winning in the NFL. Everyone knows the first one. The lesser known one is one I wish we'd take to heart-"The quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard".

Great quote, I am optimistic that this Falcons team wants some serious pay back for the debacle in the playoffs. If not they are clearly not the team that the majority here me included or the the talking heads thought they were. They have the talent, they need to see this as the turning point to the season. Yea other teams have better X's and O's guys right now,but football is still enough of a game of emotions with the players the Falcons have they ought bring some pain for Aaron Rodgers and the Pack.

and when did fans become negative nancies who think its impossible to recover from a 1-2 start..and by the way..4/5 of the things you listed to compare the 2 are TEAM accomplishments, not Quarterback accomplishments...any player who tells you those are how to judge a player are just trying WAY too hard to sound like "team players"..and doing that ultimately makes people say really dumb things that go against basic logic

If we keep Ryan upright we have a legit chance

The packers secondary has been BAD

You guys want to complain abut ours.... they have given up the 3rd most yards, and the 3rd most tds in the passing game.

If we can protect Ryan like we did yesterday, with Jones picking up steam and showing more confidence by the week.

And despite Roddy's drops he is still making plays , And tony still being factor ......When we have given Matt time he has looked outstanding.

I think we can chew up the packers secondary IF we can block their front 7

I have a client who is a huge Packers fan (from Wisconsin, family has 6 season tix at Lambeau) and like most Packers fans he knows his football, especially his team. I've taken him to the last two regular season games against the Packers (thank gawd I did not take him to the playoff game). He thinks we are going to win due to revenge factor, their O-Line has the injury bug, and the D can't stop anyone. Thinks it might be similar to the game against the Saints. I told him "Don't worry, we might get an early lead like we did against Seattle (and Cincy last year) but our coordinators will do their best to keep it close."

I think we beat GB

I'm with you because I believe 75% of our MB believes we lose this game.I really think this is a statement game for us with the debarcle of last years play-off loss still fresh in our teams mind I really think if we get the W here the MBers get back onside and the team starts rolling we are stuttering at the moment like a car not running on all its cylinders but we get this W I'll say it now we will 4,5.6 in a row.

We have a chance to win but I think it mainly rests on our offense...

We HAVE to keep the ball out of Rogers hands because I'm not confident in the ability of our defense to stop them...or even slow them down.

Long time eating drives..... no turnovers.... protect OUR QB.... put points on the board....

If we can do those things we have a good chance to win.

there you go, thats the formula...clock eating drives, score points..give our defense rest..defensively, bend but don't break..make some key plays...treat it as yards don't matter only points

Dude GB looks fierce. We cannot win unless we change our strategy pretty drastically. That run first crap will fail. GB is too high octane for us to think we can win by the old pound and ground then over the top. This is not a three TD type of game. The only way we stand a chance to go out their and throw it over the top to Juli White and Tony G. Add a few turnovers from the defense and we will win.

We go out there and start trying to smash turner up the middle and kick field goals and we get slaughtered. Sorry but anyone who doesnt see this chooses not to.

Exactly this ^^^^^^^^. If the Falcons have any chance to win this game, they're going to have to win it 49-48, because this GB offense is going to put up 40-plus points again. Sadly, I don't see this anemic Falcon offense with it's plodding-turtle philosophy and past abysmal performances suddenly putting up 45 to 50 points on this potent GB defense with Clay Matthews and company. I love my team and I always will regardless of their record, but they'll be lucky not to get run out of the Dome by half-time this Sunday evening.

I have a client who is a huge Packers fan (from Wisconsin, family has 6 season tix at Lambeau) and like most Packers fans he knows his football, especially his team. I've taken him to the last two regular season games against the Packers (thank gawd I did not take him to the playoff game). He thinks we are going to win due to revenge factor, their O-Line has the injury bug, and the D can't stop anyone. Thinks it might be similar to the game against the Saints. I told him "Don't worry, we might get an early lead like we did against Seattle (and Cincy last year) but our coordinators will do their best to keep it close."

I have a friend of a friend who happens to be a big falcon fan....

He still hasn't recovered from that playoff butt whoopin'...

I heard he still has nightmares of the "Title Belt" and BJ Raji soundbites. ph34r.png