I Am Convinced (Defense)

slick0ne

Our defensive woes come from no other than scheme. We just made Tavares freaking Jackson look like a decent QB. With all of the talent we have or think we have on defense we should not be letting a team like the seachickens roll on us and almost take the game out of our grasp late. I mean ****, is it me or do we have the softest zone this side of the Mississippi? Seems like any team we play will be able to do whatever the **** they want against our defense……Geeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Edited by slick0ne

well when you look at what Grimes did out there, he basically shut down Rice, so i dont think its scheme, For 3 step drop patterns we get beat down the middle or towards Robinsons side. On a couple of those receptions towards Dunta he simply could not rap up which led to more yardage. I dont think this scheme fits Robinson at all, but i think it works more for grimes and his skill sets. Dunta had always been a physical corner but ever since hes been here he cant be physical cause hes lined up 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. BUT for one of those Td's I think it was to Obamanu Dunta bit on the short route in the endzone which led to Obamanu being WIDE OPEN, BUT if he didnt bite I think that inside reciever would have been wide open as well.

Edited by Krammmit

well when you look at what Grimes did out there, he basically shut down Rice, so i dont think its scheme, For 3 step drop patterns we get beat down the middle or towards Robinsons side. On a couple of those receptions towards Dunta he simply could not rap up which led to more yardage. I dont think this scheme fits Robinson at all, but i think it works more for grimes and his skill sets. Dunta had always been a physical corner but ever since hes been here he cant be physical cause hes lined up 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. BUT for one of those Td's I think it was to Obamanu Dunta bit on the short route in the endzone which led to Obamanu being WIDE OPEN, BUT if he didnt bite I think that inside reciever would have been wide open as well.

Did you see the play where Grimes just gave Rice a touchdown with a 10 yard lead?

Good points....but what i'm talking about is getting after the QB and adjusting to the **** middle of the field being wide the he77 open on any given down. It seems like our scheme is built not to loose / play safe. When you have Talent like Weatherspoon and Moore you should be bringing the funk.........atleast make the opposing QB get happy feet and make some bad throws!!!!

I can't stand to watch the defense cone out and open up the game aggressive and playing well only to turn conservative because we have the lead. It nearly cost us the game. Obviously it was difficult for the front 4 to get home especially since Jackson is so mobile but geez. Weatherspoon is pretty good when blitzing and so are 2-3 of our secondary guys but we never bring them! It's hard for me to believe that Jackson is good enough at reading defenses that he would have handled blitzes correctly and consistently.

We definitely need something to change. Our offense put up that many points and we still almost lost. Jackson threw a pick in the endzone, thank God for that. There is no way they should have cam back.

Thomas was in the box the entire second half, why can't we spread the field and take advantage of that? The blame is on the defense though, or the guy who is calling the plays.

Our defensive woes come from no other than scheme. We just made Tavares freaking Jackson look like a decent QB. With all of the talent we have or think we have on defense we should not be letting a team like the seachickens roll on us and almost take the game out of our grasp late. I mean ****, is it me or do we have the softest zone this side of the Mississippi? Seems like any team we play will be able to do whatever the **** they want against our defense……Geeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

+1,000,000,000

That soft zone crap is gonna get us nowhere but beat. Also the most maddening, nerve-wracking, frustrating type of football you can sit through as a fan.

make-it-stop-1.jpg

Like i always say, we spent way too much on dunta, and he cant hack it. he got burnt by 10+ yards 4 or 5 times today. A cb is suppose to stay with the receiver, not watch him outrun you and catch the ball. Its pathetic. Plus MM is the biggest joke on our team. High school cordinators make more surprizing calls.

No comments about the defensive scheme. They can look sooo bad on some plays and extremely talented on others. But the brought the "wood" today!!!

When do they look extremely talented, i totally disagree. I think they have talented players on this team, i just dont think BVG knows how to use it. What we have is speed, we are a fast team but never use the speed to chase someone its always used to cover someone. And the fact of the matter is, and anyone will say this. If you have to cover for to long you will get eaten up, even if its tavaris jackson. They never run blitzes with our lbers to confuse tackles so that JA and ray get some help. Everyone complains about ray so give him some help, everyone complains about baker, so give him some help. This is a coaching problem. I have said it time and time again. Untill we get some kind of attacking defense we will be a good team but not great.