October 2012 Uga Recruiting Thread

good2badawg

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who of our commits/targets would be EE's? Doesn't that count towards last year's class numbers?

Keith Marshall and Kent Turene are guys I know want to enroll in January, and I think Blake Jackson might be as well; any JUCO OL that we go after/offer will almost certainly be EE's

Not anymore, the new 25 man signing limit doesn't allow EE's to be counted backwards

Keith Marshall and Kent Turene are guys I know want to enroll in January, and I think Blake Jackson might be as well; any JUCO OL that we go after/offer will almost certainly be EE's

Not anymore, the new 25 man signing limit doesn't allow EE's to be counted backwards

I thought it was a "soft" cap, and not a "hard" cap?

I saw on another message board that UGA now leads for Harvey-Clemons and FSU isn't even in his top three. Anybody know if there is any truth to the rumor?

Wow... I really doubt that, but if there's any truth to it then he's a Dawg. FSU is the only other school in it for him.

Wow... I really doubt that, but if there's any truth to it then he's a Dawg. FSU is the only other school in it for him.

I agree with you. I would LOVE it, but I can pretty much promise you if he isn't leaning FSU, they are still in it heavily. Win vs. Tennessee at 7 on ESPN sure would help :) Just sayin :)

I don't feel very good at all. Pretty sure he is SC bound unless we have 2 FANTSATIC seasons.

His best friend is going to UGA. If UGA wins, how we feel about Terry doesn't matter. I felt great about Jenkins and Watkins and where did that get us? Recruiting can't really be judged by national standing or how we see things. Terry committed because Ramsey committed and because he grew up a UGA fan. He almost committed to USCe a week earlier because of what the local people were telling him. He may have decommitted, but 1) we're still his leader 2) he liked us enough to commit (unlike USCe) and 3) if Ramsey and Henry stay solid then he's probably going to UGA. Its a long time till signing day for the class of 2013 and despite local pressure, we have a great shot. This kid is prone to pressure and while the town in pushing towards USCe, his best friend is pulling him towards the team he grew up rooting for.

Lattimore is only a true soph. this year and I agree he leaves before his sr year.

I know he is only a true sophomore. I think you misread Pickle's post to read that he would retire after this year. Pickle said that if they don't finish well this year and they don't do well next year, Spurrier might retire, which would be after his junior year. Since Terry is a 2013 recruit, he won't sign a LOI until after next football season, so next year's season could affect his decision.

Edited by KGDawg710

I don't know if UGA is still looking for DB's this recruiting class. But there is a great prospect down at Plant this year. Kid basically cam out of nowhere took the Starting CB job, and has put on a show!

Kid has 4 INT's in 5 games. His name is Keenan Stalls. Apparently he has family in the Atlanta area. Anyone know if we are on this kid? I honestly believe he is a Diamond in the rough.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Keenan-Stalls-128522

797848.jpg

I don't know if UGA is still looking for DB's this recruiting class. But there is a great prospect down at Plant this year. Kid basically cam out of nowhere took the Starting CB job, and has put on a show!

Kid has 4 INT's in 5 games. His name is Keenan Stalls. Apparently he has family in the Atlanta area. Anyone know if we are on this kid? I honestly believe he is a Diamond in the rough.

http://rivals.yahoo....n-Stalls-128522

797848.jpg

Kid moved from Durham NC played at Durham Hillside in 2010

Edited by TXDawg

Well, according to the infamous Lowndes25, We are a definite player for Harvey Clemons...

Yes, we are the leader in the clubhouse for Clemons right now, but grades are a concern...

Do we have a shot with Brandon Greene?

Yes we do, especially if we can convince Jonathan McCrary to come in the 2013 class and compete with Brice Ramsey. We are going to take two QB's in the 2013 class and we would love for those two QB's to be Ramsey and McCrary.

Anybody want to guess who fills out the rest of our class. Are we taking both a tight end and two running backs? Thoughts.

We will not reach on a TE, but we will definitely take another TE in this class if we feel like they are the right fit for us. Blake Jackson is at the top of our list right now and I would keep an eye on Sean Culkin out of FL. And yes, we are going to take 2 RB's in this class but I seriously doubt RJ Robinson is one of them since he lost his starting RB spot at GMC to Mario Alford.