October 2012 Uga Recruiting Thread

good2badawg

Jalen Fields has grade issues. It's not 100%, but most likely they won't make it, at least based on the reports. I don't even think Jalen Fields has started every game for GMC. He doesn't have a very good motor. What more can you do though? You give them an opportunity to make right and they don't. As far as I'm concerned, they don't deserve a spot at UGA. Like I said, it's not 100% yet, but the reports from various places say don't count on them making it. They have a lot of work to do in the classroom.

What a shame, I was really looking forward to having a 6'7" WR to throw the jump ball too. Does that mean we have an extra scholly to hand out to a DE? If so do we send out more offers? Go JUCO?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, I know this sin't really a recruiting question per say, but it sort of is smile.png

Im thinking about finally breaking down and getting a subscription to one of these dern sites. Here is my predicament.

Dawgnation on espn is $2.50 a month for 2 years so $60.

That seems like a pretty good deal and they have a lot of stuff that looks like some good reads. Should I do that or spend the hundred and something dollars a year that 247 and scout and rivals want. are those that much better than dawgnation?

Thanks in advance for anybody with any inside advice!

you can find ESPN for much cheaper. Like 3 bucks a year. Keep your eye out for cheap ESPN the magazine subscriptions. ESPN insider is included. Like I said they can be found for like 3-4 bucks a year.

What a shame, I was really looking forward to having a 6'7" WR to throw the jump ball too. Does that mean we have an extra scholly to hand out to a DE? If so do we send out more offers? Go JUCO?

Justin Thomason, maybe. I don't think we've offered him yet, but it might help with Isaac Rochell for the next class. Sterling Bailey, Chris Mayes, and James Deloach could play end in the future. We could go after Darius Hamilton, that's if we can get Yuri Wright and Shumate to visit. Hopefully they do. Maybe pursue Dalvin Tomlinson harder, or Pat Gamble. But, I really wish we could have landed Jordan Watkins. Oh well, still a lot of options.

Edited by Gata

Why are we not recruiting Tyriq Mccord? or are we? I like him way more than Jordan Jenkins, he fits are system better at outside linebacker. And we have his teammate from the last class, Ramik Wilson.

Edited by Gata

Why are we not recruiting Tyriq Mccord? or are we? I like him way more than Jordan Jenkins, he fits are system better at outside linebacker. And we have his teammate from the last class, Ramik Wilson.

The same reason UF isnt most likely and he wants to come to UF but were staying away.

you can find ESPN for much cheaper. Like 3 bucks a year. Keep your eye out for cheap ESPN the magazine subscriptions. ESPN insider is included. Like I said they can be found for like 3-4 bucks a year.

This right here...no need to spend $2.50 a month when you can buy a subscription to ESPN the Magazine for $3.99 a year and get FREE Insider Access (just have to find the right deal...usually Tanga.com or DiscountMags.com will run a special where you can get a year's subscription to ESPN the Magazine for anywhere from $2.50 to $3.99 for a whole year). Also, Kipp and Radi are very slow to post responses to people's questions unlike Rusty and Gentry on 247 so factor that into your equation.

Check out this link. 24/7 has a deal where you can get the rest of the year free.

https://secure.247sp...ion/Activate/33

Cody, your LB Coach was at the Lowndes' game Friday night. He didn't stay for the whole game, but he was there for pretty much the entire first half. Mike Bobo stopped by Lowndes earlier in the day to check on Clemons before heading over to Camden Co. to see Brice Ramsey in action.

Cody, your LB Coach was at the Lowndes' game Friday night. He didn't stay for the whole game, but he was there for pretty much the entire first half. Mike Bobo stopped by Lowndes earlier in the day to check on Clemons before heading over to Camden Co. to see Brice Ramsey in action.

When you put it like that, it sure beats a day in the office. Oh well, back to work for me!

What's the deal with Theus?

He had a good time during the Notre Dame visit on Saturday, but he's still 100% committed to us. Richt is here, he is here. If not, he's not. Theus is taking another look around just in case.

Edited by Gata

Notre Dame is a strange backup plan considering their struggles but I'm feeling like it won't come to that....

It's just one of his many options as a backup plan. The visit made him reconsider things, but agreed, I don't think it will come to that.

Edited by Gata

Yep. I surely do hope we take care of business these last few games, maybe get a nice appearance in the SECCG. Hey a guy can hope can't he?

If we beat Florida, Richt is automatically back. Even if we were to only win 8 games in the regular season, an 8-9 win year with a win over Florida is plenty. I expect a 9-10 win season but Richt will be back regardless. That being said, Theus and Marshall come on down.

How come we haven't recruited Shadrach Thornton harder? This is the exact type of punisher back we're looking for, seriously. He would be a perfect compliment to Keith Marshall. I watched his highlight tape for the first time today, I'm extremely impressed, he runs like a scalded dog. This is the type of brusier we're looking for, along with the speed, cutback ability, vision, balance, decent pad level, and strength for immediate playing time. I'm sorry but after watching his tape, I would much rather have Shadrach Thornton over Todd Gurley, JMHO. He's a soft commit to Kentucky, not sure if we offered yet, but we need to right now. He rarely goes down on first contact and falls forward while he constantly churns his feet. Watch his highlight tape below and tell me you don't feel the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmQRqhu9hes

Also, watch the link below. This second video makes him seem like a good, humble, and hard working kid. Sounds like he has his grades in order too.

http://link.brightco...d=1168564956001

Edited by Gata