Smitty Praising His Team After Last Weeks Sloppy Lucky Win Was A Mistake

Andre5000

We played like crap vs the Eagles and Smitty tellin em all how great they are after the game and telling them 'You ALL did your jobs" Really? a game full of penalties, getting the QB killed, turnovers and a swiss cheese defense and they "Did all their jobs"????? . Well, we see how great they are now. This Falcons team all thought they were anointed in preseason going through the motions and not putting in the work or caring about how shabby we looked in preseason or the outcome of the preseason games. There is time, but this team better wake the **** up fast.

Smitty with his 'canned' media speak always bugged me. i get the fact that it's all about the cats in the locker room but let's get real...even at the podium.

I like him but he needs to get hardcore on these chumps and quit kissin their ***. i like Paul Johnsons approach. Tech could score 80 points and he would still say "We made some mistakes, we have alot to work on"

for me, i'm just beginnin' to wonder if Smith is in-deed the coach to keep them movin' forward...we'll see...hope so...like you, i like Smith...hate the OC and DC schemes but i like Smith.

My dad says "You are who you hire" so you hire crap employees , your gonna get crap results. I thought the hiring of Mularkey was OK, but from day ONE i was like "WTF?" when it came to hiring a college DC. i mean the dude wasnt even that good at UGA. They got ran all over when he was there.

Smitty is a great coach, he needs to look at Mike Tomlin. Mike Tomlin is a Tampa 2, 4-3 coach that coached 2 teams to the Super Bowl, winning 1 with a 3-4 scheme. I'm not saying switch to a 3-4, I'm just saying we don't have to follow a strict schematic philosophy.

Smitty needs to realize that he has to change our scheme. If our CBs are more suited for Man coverage, put them in it more. He needs to quit trying to fit square pegs in round holes to stay true to his philosophies.

Stubborness and the refusal to cut bait on your coordinators will get you fired. Take a lesson from Jim Mora.

I think our team is too wound up, too locked into one way of doing things, and don't handle things well when they don't follow the norm.