Its Time To Look In The Mirror And Be Honest

I think when Mike Smith Took over we were in terrible shape....this regime has done great things to get the right players on the field........turned this franchise around in 4 short years............which they are good at that............however they dont possess the skills necessary to do much more.....like go deep into the playoffs or win a superbowl....they grabbed pieces like Julio basically throwing away an entire draft worth of players for a wr that we cant even get the ball too because mularkey doesnt know how to use him and TD doesnt realize the importance of the offensive line......Look at the raiders......they spent their first picks on linemen the past 3 drafts and now they have any running back they toss in their rumble for 170 yds..........well we want to be a high octane offense but we let half of our line walk away in free agency....keep in mind that line wasnt that great to start with, now we are pretty awful.....wasted a pick on baker...........its obvious hes not our guy...........cut him now and cut your losses...........where Im going with this.............I think Mike Smith needs to go back to Defensive Coordinator...would be happy to have him on our team.........I think Mularkey needs to go.......I was looking up his statistics and his offenses are always in the bottom 30% he spent time in pittsburg, only one short year in miami, and has now spent too long in atlanta...Its obvious our offense cant have anything go wrong during a game...one interception and the games are out of reach, same w a fumble.....we are down in every game having to comeback in the fourth and even against the crappy teams we never do the elite thing and whoop some ***. We could play the chiefs and we will almost lose............not because of talent, because of coaching...........playing not to lose, rather than playing to win

They always say if you fear something, you create the situation you fear without even knowing it......it just happens. We have scared coaches that dont think we can score on 4 n goal from the seven, but they think we can kick it away, get a 3 and out, then score from 80 yds further out with 2 mins left and no timeouts.....thats ridiculous thinking...coached not to lose, scared to coach just to win the ******** game...we have punted the ball away 7 times in the past 3 years on fourth down needed a 3 and out, and of those seven, we have never gotten the ball back in our offenses hands..............why are we still doing it?

I think we need to get someone in here that knows a thing or two about an nfl offense...that has a winning track record, look at the bills and pats game...the bills knew they had to come out gunning.........they came out first series in 5 wide set......they threw a pick.......came back out in five wide..............we would have come out in 2 wide set, tryed to run it, punted, punted, punted punted, and then turned it up in the fourth quarter and lost.............the bills didnt lose...why...because they played to win..for sixty minutes

I think when Mike Smith Took over we were in terrible shape....this regime has done great things to get the right players on the field........turned this franchise around in 4 short years............which they are good at that............however they dont possess the skills necessary to do much more.....like go deep into the playoffs or win a superbowl....they grabbed pieces like Julio basically throwing away an entire draft worth of players for a wr that we cant even get the ball too because mularkey doesnt know how to use him and TD doesnt realize the importance of the offensive line......Look at the raiders......they spent their first picks on linemen the past 3 drafts and now they have any running back they toss in their rumble for 170 yds..........well we want to be a high octane offense but we let half of our line walk away in free agency....keep in mind that line wasnt that great to start with, now we are pretty awful.....wasted a pick on baker...........its obvious hes not our guy...........cut him now and cut your losses...........where Im going with this.............I think Mike Smith needs to go back to Defensive Coordinator...would be happy to have him on our team.........I think Mularkey needs to go.......I was looking up his statistics and his offenses are always in the bottom 30% he spent time in pittsburg, only one short year in miami, and has now spent too long in atlanta...Its obvious our offense cant have anything go wrong during a game...one interception and the games are out of reach, same w a fumble.....we are down in every game having to comeback in the fourth and even against the crappy teams we never do the elite thing and whoop some ***. We could play the chiefs and we will almost lose............not because of talent, because of coaching...........playing not to lose, rather than playing to win

They always say if you fear something, you create the situation you fear without even knowing it......it just happens. We have scared coaches that dont think we can score on 4 n goal from the seven, but they think we can kick it away, get a 3 and out, then score from 80 yds further out with 2 mins left and no timeouts.....thats ridiculous thinking...coached not to lose, scared to coach just to win the ******** game...we have punted the ball away 7 times in the past 3 years on fourth down needed a 3 and out, and of those seven, we have never gotten the ball back in our offenses hands..............why are we still doing it?

I think we need to get someone in here that knows a thing or two about an nfl offense...that has a winning track record, look at the bills and pats game...the bills knew they had to come out gunning.........they came out first series in 5 wide set......they threw a pick.......came back out in five wide..............we would have come out in 2 wide set, tryed to run it, punted, punted, punted punted, and then turned it up in the fourth quarter and lost.............the bills didnt lose...why...because they played to win..for sixty minutes

dont get me wrong our coaches are decent...but they arent playoff/SB coaches they are ethics coaches......good for players, good for turning us around at the bottom.............but they arent the real deal.....a mularkey offense cant win a superbowl...........not without a kiffin defense, or a rex ryan defense, or a defense that holds teams to ten points or less each week

the thing that makes me question Smith is the lack of action hes taking to get things corrected. he always says that we just have a few things to fix and that could be the case to an extent. but we have major problems on our Oline and yet he seems like everything will right itself almost. its seems like hes becoming more and more like Mora, too attached to coordinators and players and not willing to make the tough decisions

Edited by Norwood all the way!

the thing that makes me question Smith is the lack of action hes taking to get things corrected. he always says that we just have a few things to fix and that could be the case to an extent. but we have major problems on our Oline and yet he seems like everything will right itself almost. its seems like hes becoming more and more like Mora, too attached to coordinators and players

I agree with that statement............I feel he doesnt understand it......the main problem thats going to kill us is that we were 13-3 last year.......that led everyone to believe that were were doing everything properly..........so now that they have had that success they are stuck in their ways and will try to force the issue...unfortunately its going to take a non playoff year, no draft picks next year, and failure for this organization to realize we need changes...and even then I think they still get one more year to fail...This might be the longest two years of wasted Atlanta Falcons Talent ever.........we have superbowl talent.........we just dont have superbowl coaching

I dont see the fire in any of our players. Why is the O-line not getting pissed that they are letting Ryan get drilled so much? I saw Turner get up from his runs yesterday and have a look like, oh well,! What the **** is going on in ALT! Its like after that Bears game they gave up. We would of lost last week if Vick not gone out. Its getting hard to look forward to Sundays right now.

I could be wrong but I can't remember one game where the sceme changed after haftime. Where you could honestly say our coaching staff won the game for us. Maybe if we played 80 games a season we could let these things slide but we don't. Too many times this season our coaches look like amateurs (Nobody to return the 63 yard FG, Kicking the ball to DeSean Jackson at the end of the game). We need to get better in all four phases of the game offense, defense, special teams, and definitely COACHING

well let's be honest...we are not a 13-3 team, nor should we have been last year. our schedule was a joke last year and we won just about every close game there was. 10-6 is more realistic for this team. we have some glaring holes at a lot of positions. My main concern is that our O-line can't block. We couldn't get Turner going at all yesterday and Matt Ryan almost died. This is the third straight game Ryan has been under pressure. With that said, he has to find a way to make something happen still.

We don't have any other O-lineman that are ready to step up that would be improvements in my opinion, which makes correcting the problem that much more difficult. We are going to have to roll with these all season and can only hope that they form into a cohesive unit, as talent alone will not bring success.

It is the coaches job to get these guys rolling in the right direction. I believe Mike Smith is a great motivator and guys truly play hard for him, but the rest of the season will be telling in terms of his ability to improve the team through adversity. If the overall play of this team doesn't improve I am not certain that the Packers don't come into our house and put the beat down on us again.

Even with our porous offensive line play, we still had 2 100-yard WRs against Tampa. We got the ball to Julio, we just need to be able to do it consistently and not make stupid mistakes.

Our line is our only real weakness, our secondary needs some work but we were missing 3 starters on defense in that game in you count Hayden as a starter, and I do.