Matt Bosher Is 33Rd In The League In Punting

Peyton

Pretty remarkable accomplishment to be 33rd in punting after 3 weeks when there are only 32 teams.

He's only .3 yards behind the Cleveland guy who kicked a whole game with a herniated disc but he is nearly 4 yards per kick behind the guy in 31st place.

4 yards per kick behind 31st place!!!!!!

I don't know what the deal is with Bosher. He can punt it 50 yards one time, then 30 yards the next. But he showed has the leg on kickoffs yesterday. I was with a kid that went to Miami that knows Bosher and he knows Bosher can punt it far. He was shocked at his performance yesterday.

I almost feel sorry for the guy - he probably is going from top of the world (being drafted as a punter!) to the absolute pits

Did he just forget to practice punt from the time the college season ended until the end of the lockout?

Maybe the Falcons could offer him a job as Blank or Dimitroff's personal assistant?

Totally blame the organization on this one. Michael Koenen was part of the "little things" that the Falcons did well and they let him go. I understand you can't sign everybody, but you have to try and get him a deal.

It really shows up now on the field how bad we miss Koenen. Reading the bio on Bosher, the weaknesses are exactly as they were stated prior to draft day. I don't understand why you would settle for that. If you can't upgrade or find someone as accomplished as Koenen, then find a way to bring him back.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/players/48467.html

Holy krap, it is really that bad!

Honestly, he deserves no more chances to screw up our opportunities to win some games. Cut him! The eventual reward for sticking with him isn't enough to justify letting him put another game on the line!

Cutting him right now will also send a message to the rest of the players, that if they aren't going to imrpove and produce, then you're on the hot seat!!

Pretty remarkable accomplishment to be 33rd in punting after 3 weeks when there are only 32 teams.

He's only .3 yards behind the Cleveland guy who kicked a whole game with a herniated disc but he is nearly 4 yards per kick behind the guy in 31st place.

4 yards per kick behind 31st place!!!!!!

When you have an explosive offense and a team that rises up you shouldnt need a punter.LOL

I almost feel sorry for the guy - he probably is going from top of the world (being drafted as a punter!) to the absolute pits

Did he just forget to practice punt from the time the college season ended until the end of the lockout?

Maybe the Falcons could offer him a job as Blank or Dimitroff's personal assistant?

Maybe theres a good reason for the poor performance. What if he as corns on his toes

This is funny as shi*t!!!!!! I along with many others were saying in the preseason that this guy was gonna be a huge mistake. Alot of people were insisting that he was kicking his punts short because the coaches wanted to go a feel for the special teams. How is that working out as of now?

Thanks for giving us this great/depressing information Peyton.

As I have said before, in College he was great! He can kickoff deep if needed and he can punt 50+ yards....I can not help but think that someone in the Falcons coaching staff has ruined this kid or has changed something on him and is making him struggle with the new change....

The kickoffs are ON PURPOSE!!! Mike Smith said it in preseason, we are trying to catch the team inside the 20.....we are telling him to kick it there....

The punts are mechanics, something looks different, which makes me think someone is tweaking his style...