Where Is The Explosive Offense?

fansince78

One and two is not the end of the season. I was concerned with how the Falcons would start since they took the preseason so lightly. They somehow stepped it up last week to get a win and then lost a little progress in Tampa. I don't like a lot of the coaching decisions yesterday, like kicking a field goal when they did. If they had kicked a field goal instead of going for it and not making it earlier in the quarter, it would have made sense, but to kick one that late in the game that leaves you still three points behind was very questionable coaching to me.

Just like last year, there was a play here and there that decided the game yesterday, Unlike last year, they did not make those plays. The team is supposed to be above and beyond one or two plays making the difference in a game and they have the players to do it.

I am not even close to giving up on the season. They all need to sit down at Flowery Branch today and ask themselves “what can I do better?” and get it done. The coaches need to make better decisions and I think the best decision for the offensive coach would be to step back and let Matt run the offense for most, if not all of the game. This would probably keep him on his feet.

It is not too late for this team to gel and make something happen. They will have to make the right choices to get it done though.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d822912f0/Buccaneers-defense-4th-down-failed

Blame Matt Ryan and the O line too. What the heck watch this play. He looks right at his target , nobody else , and throws in triple coverage.

Tony G was wide open for the TD if he just checkdown. He looked sooooo scared on this play.

The explosiveness starts upfront w/ the OL. They aren't doing their job and it's taking a toll on Matt. He is starting to look shaken. He's getting killed in the pocket, but on the rare occasion that they do give him time he's playing scared. Can't say I blame him though.

The no huddle gives the defense little time to get set and takes a lot of the heat off of Matt. We could have done better with an offensive line for sure, but we have what we have. They need to do what works with the players they have on the field.