No Expectations For The Falcons

NAVY FALCON

First of all, I am an Atlanta native and I have been supporting all of the Atlanta based sports teams for over 40 years now. After watching the Falcons over the first three games, I have absolutely no expectations for this team. I will continue to support the Falcons and watch every game, but I really don't expect them to make it to the playoffs this year. After losing to the Packers in the playoffs last year, I have decided to detach my emotions from the Falcons because their losses affect my attitude at home and at work. By the way, the Braves are choking once again!!!

I still believe we will get better and better as the season goes on.

Will that equal a play-off berth? Maybe. Maybe not. The schedule is tough and we need to start putting some wins together.

We are definitely not playing as good as we have since '08, although there are some bright spots on the team. Our LBs are looking good and Gonzo is playing better than last year.

I still believe we will get better and better as the season goes on.

Will that equal a play-off berth? Maybe. Maybe not. The schedule is tough and we need to start putting some wins together.

We are definitely not playing as good as we have since '08, although there are some bright spots on the team. Our LBs are looking good and Gonzo is playing better than last year.

I'm with you.

First of all, I am an Atlanta native and I have been supporting all of the Atlanta based sports teams for over 40 years now. After watching the Falcons over the first three games, I have absolutely no expectations for this team. I will continue to support the Falcons and watch every game, but I really don't expect them to make it to the playoffs this year. After losing to the Packers in the playoffs last year, I have decided to detach my emotions from the Falcons because their losses affect my attitude at home and at work. By the way, the Braves are choking once again!!!

I think the foulcons performance will look better when they play the weaker teams

Unfortunately, this may be a pattern developing.

In 2008, the breaks always went our way in games and we had an easy schedule. (11-5, Playoff-Berth)

In 2009, we had a brutal schedule and nothing went our way. (9-7, one game shy of Playoff-Berth)

In 2010, we had a cakewalk schedule and SO many games went our way. (13-3, Playoff-Berth)

2011, schedule is brutal and things are not falling our way at all.

-- If the O-Line and/or secondary does not make dramatic improvements, we could be staring down another 9-7, 8-8 season.

Edited by FalconsBlogger

I don't get why people claim that if you don't like our chances you're not a fan. I'll always root for my squad but the reality has set in that we're just not a very good football team. As the season goes on everyone else will see it as well. Frustrating, but it is what it is at this stage.

LMAO! This poor attention starved whore makes all kinds of comments to try and get people to notice her, and she gets completely ignored. Happens in every thread, hilarious!! :lol:

Yeah, I know...I just replied. Figured I'd throw the ho a bone....

Just my prediction, cellar bound below 500% next 3 to 4 years. Sorry the fans are upset

In 2008, the breaks always went our way in games and we had an easy schedule. (11-5, Playoff-Berth)

In 2009, we had a brutal schedule and nothing went our way. (9-7, one game shy of Playoff-Berth)

In 2010, we had a cakewalk schedule and SO many games went our way. (13-3, Playoff-Berth)

-- If the O-Line and/or secondary does not make dramatic improvements, we could be staring down another 9-7, 8-8 season.

This is the way it is for many teams. The Chiefs come to mind. They had a cake schedule last year and make the playoffs. Making the playoffs gets you a tougher schedule so look at them now. Granted they have been hit with the injury hammer too.

So be it with us too? Maybe yes, maybe no. The offense LIVES and DIES by the O-Line. Period.

Are some of you serious?

Never have we had our number 2 go over 100 yards since 08, I dont even think Matt has had back to back 300 yard games since he has been here but I may be wrong on that one.

Spoon is 2nd in the NFL in tackles, we have forced a TO in 23 consecutive games.

Anyone that actually knows football can see the growth in this team. We have two problems right now, protecting Matt and turnovers.

Two things that can and will be fixed. This is easily the best team we have had since 08 but people want to complain because we are 1 and 2. Well we went 13 and 3 and got our *** beat in the playoffs, all we have to do is get in.

Some of you just complain to complain.

Are some of you serious?

Never have we had our number 2 go over 100 yards since 08, I dont even think Matt has had back to back 300 yard games since he has been here but I may be wrong on that one.

Spoon is 2nd in the NFL in tackles, we have forced a TO in 23 consecutive games.

Anyone that actually knows football can see the growth in this team. We have two problems right now, protecting Matt and turnovers.

Two things that can and will be fixed. This is easily the best team we have had since 08 but people want to complain because we are 1 and 2. Well we went 13 and 3 and got our *** beat in the playoffs, all we have to do is get in.

Are you serious?

Those stats don't really mean anything. Like my old coach used to say people who like to throw out a lot of stats are usually doing it b/c they're losing. We're 1-2 for a reason...we're not playing good football! So what if Spoon is racking up tackles in a loss or Matt is forced to throw b/c we're playing from behind??? That's supposed to make us feel good about the team losing and playing poorly?

Are some of you serious?

I agree with you 100%..but it frustrates me because other superbowl contenders hasn't miss a beat.. We playing like we are the only team that was in lock out..

I said something about the pattern earlier in the year and it seems to be right on track for this season.. It's an alarming trend indeed.

Guest Negatorris

Are some of you serious?

You forgot the enormous amount of stupid penalties we have been getting since the end of last year up until now. And it finally cost us the game.

Corey Peters cost us a chance to try and tie the game yesterday---grrrrr

Our chance to win the game came before that. Instead of going for it on 4th down, Smitty decided to kick a field goal and trust that our defense could get the ball back. Following the FG, there were plenty of chances for the D to get the job done and they failed.

Peters is just an example of the lack of discipline on this team.

The season is far from over. And I'm not giving up on them yet. They scored in 2 plays, so they're starting to get something going. I just wish they'd start this earlier in the games. And please Oline, give Ryan some protection.

We've got a chance to win this week, so let's hope they can and start from there.

It's time to run the no huddle more and trust our playmakers. I still believe we have a great season. Will will be 2-2 after next Sunday. We just need to get on a roll and win every home game. We will get our turnovers corrected and the line's pride will make them step up.