Lingering Issue No One Is Talking About

Radiohead

I am fine with the pass rush. The Bucs have a pretty solid OLine. They got pressure on Freeman and limited his impact on the game. Yea they aren't racking in the sacks, but the defense as a whole has been tough. Maybe if the offense built them a lead to work with and rest on, they could rush a passer instead of stopping a runner.

I am fine with the pass rush. The Bucs have a pretty solid OLine. They got pressure on Freeman and limited his impact on the game. Yea they aren't racking in the sacks, but the defense as a whole has been tough. Maybe if the offense built them a lead to work with and rest on, they could rush a passer instead of stopping a runner.

Agreed. B)

We haven't had a sack in two games....that's worrysome

It is hard to sack Vick. We got hits on him. I am happy with that. It got him knocked out the game. We didn't sack Freeman last night because they didn't have to pass all first half against us. If they did, they were slants. They were chasing him a few times but he is a mobile 6'5 QB that is tough to take down. They threw the ball 32 times, completed 22, and only had 180 yards. That means very short passes to keep our offense off the field. Avg 5.63 YPA.

If the offense builds an actual lead and holds it throughout the game, the DLine will look like they did vs Chicago. But if the defense has to hold strong just to keep the offense to a FG and is on the field for 36 minutes doing that with no help from the offense until it is too late, then it gets tough.

True but our Fast Exploding O scores one TD really ?????? really ????

THAT'S the problem. Not the pass rush. It is hard to rush the QB when he is handing the ball of and not holding it trying to get it downfield to come back from 10 points down. Tell me how many times Freeman held the ball longer than 2 seconds last night.

What's the excuse for Chicago's inexperienced line where only Kroy and Abe shined. Philly's line isn't the best either

Give me a defense that holds the opposition to 16 points and no sacks any day of the week! The blame falls on the Offensive Line. In 3 games, Matt Ryan has been sacked I believe 13 or 14 times. I don't think he's had that total hit in the previous years combined as a starter. I don't care if you have Randy Moss in his prime, Walter Peyton in his prime, Joe Montana in his Prime, and Tony Gonzalez in his prime; you could have every single greatest player in the world at the skills position on offense, but if you don't have an offensive line that can block, you won't get any sort of explosive plays.

Give me a defense that holds the opposition to 16 points and no sacks any day of the week! The blame falls on the Offensive Line. In 3 games, Matt Ryan has been sacked I believe 13 or 14 times. I don't think he's had that total hit in the previous years combined as a starter. I don't care if you have Randy Moss in his prime, Walter Peyton in his prime, Joe Montana in his Prime, and Tony Gonzalez in his prime; you could have every single greatest player in the world at the skills position on offense, but if you don't have an offensive line that can block, you won't get any sort of explosive plays.

Exactly.

Agreed.