4Th And 3, Goes To A Rookie!

dipper

Fans have walked around this topic for years and it continues to come up week after week. Fans on this board compares Ryan to the best thing since Apple Pie. The truth be told, he is just an average QB that lacks some of the major qualities a QB needs in the NFL.

Ryan does not have the arm strength to throw to our deep WR. Whenever a WR has to wait for a ball, it is under thrown and we continue to see this every week. Last year Roddy had to wait numerous times for his catches and it happen to Julio. I'm calling a deep pass anything past 30 yards, he's unstoppalbe with passes 20 yards or less. When this happens we do not use the entire field of play.

Our QB doesn't have the foot speed to roll out the pocket or has the skill to move up in the pocket to give his WR more time. Of course we will say that our Offensive line needs work and this is true but move your feet and gain another 2-3 seconds.

He has the skill to call the plays from the line but becomes rattled when a little pressure is applied and he dumps to the ball to a rookie on 4th and 3. We have become the old DETROIT LIONS, tone of WR but no QB to get them the ball.

The Falcons Nation loves him when we win but fails to point the finger at him when we lose.

To be fair he did have the safety tackling him before the ball got there, no excuse though he has to make that catch.

Yep, obvious PI on that. The matchup wasn't bad, backup safety fresh in the game because of an injury to the starter, you pick on him, which we did. 3 things could have happened, we make the catch, we get a penalty on the defense, or the safety makes the play. We got the penalty, just not the call to go with it (which seems to be happening an awful lot so far this year). But still would have preferred to see Julio or Roddy used there. TG would have been my #2 option after the primary WR, but the Bucs HAD to be expecting us to look at Tony, so he was probably doubled there.

Yep, obvious PI on that. The matchup wasn't bad, backup safety fresh in the game because of an injury to the starter, you pick on him, which we did. 3 things could have happened, we make the catch, we get a penalty on the defense, or the safety makes the play. We got the penalty, just not the call to go with it (which seems to be happening an awful lot so far this year). But still would have preferred to see Julio or Roddy used there. TG would have been my #2 option after the primary WR, but the Bucs HAD to be expecting us to look at Tony, so he was probably doubled there.

Actually Gonzo was more open than Rodgers and breaking acrossed the plane of the end zone pretty much all alone.

I am not saying Ryan is elite but he is above average. And, really that is what I prefer as I want the team to not revolve completely around the QB like Indy obviously did or New England currently does.

If Ryan goes down, this team can still play but you can obviously tell it plays a little better with him in there.

Looked to me that refs were not going to give all the calls they saw. Did anyone see the WR tossing Dunta around for like 5 seconds with his facemask in front of the ref and he just let it go.

Yeah, that was Winslow. He made a couple of cheap shots yesterday. He pulled Dunta 5 yards down field & then slung him down by his facemask on that play right in front of the ref with no call. Think that ref had bought into the "Dunta's the most dirty player in the game" BS & let that one go for payback.

Yeah, that was Winslow. He made a couple of cheap shots yesterday. He pulled Dunta 5 yards down field & then slung him down by his facemask on that play right in front of the ref with no call. Think that ref had bought into the "Dunta's the most dirty player in the game" BS & let that one go for payback.

I wonder if refs got doused with some 6$ beer the next time at the dome if it would change their minds.

Edited by Zodiac

Looked to me that refs were not going to give all the calls they saw. Did anyone see the WR tossing Dunta around for like 5 seconds with his facemask in front of the ref and he just let it go.

that was Kellen Winslow...and it was right in front of the ref.

I watched the game with a Bucs fan, and even he was confused why there wasnt a penalty on that play.

Winslow has been a dirt bag, and always will be a dirtbag.

Fans have walked around this topic for years and it continues to come up week after week. Fans on this board compares Ryan to the best thing since Apple Pie. The truth be told, he is just an average QB that lacks some of the major qualities a QB needs in the NFL.

Ryan does not have the arm strength to throw to our deep WR. Whenever a WR has to wait for a ball, it is under thrown and we continue to see this every week. Last year Roddy had to wait numerous times for his catches and it happen to Julio. I'm calling a deep pass anything past 30 yards, he's unstoppalbe with passes 20 yards or less. When this happens we do not use the entire field of play.

Our QB doesn't have the foot speed to roll out the pocket or has the skill to move up in the pocket to give his WR more time. Of course we will say that our Offensive line needs work and this is true but move your feet and gain another 2-3 seconds.

He has the skill to call the plays from the line but becomes rattled when a little pressure is applied and he dumps to the ball to a rookie on 4th and 3. We have become the old DETROIT LIONS, tone of WR but no QB to get them the ball.

The Falcons Nation loves him when we win but fails to point the finger at him when we lose.

I'd like to see the QB you mention, who is able to buy himself 2-3 seconds simply by stepping up, or shuffling around in this non-existing pocket our O-line is setting up! I don't buy it. Ryan already has to throw the football so fast, the routes aren't developing - he has no pocket to step up into..

I have seen Ryan throw some great deep balls, but there are so far between these deep shots in the games and no real protection, so he can't really get a feel for it. I think it will come, if the O-line actually blocked long enough for him to let the routes develop and step up in the pocket, as well as Mularkey actually calling a deep passing play. So the problem is twofold, but I don't see Ryan as one of the two problems.. Ryan does the best he can with what he is given, and has actually done pretty well considering the conditions he has been playing under for the first 3 weeks.. Were you not impressed with his toughness and resolve in the philly game? 4 TDs during immense pressure all game long isn't good enough?? Ryan isn't the problem - Mularkey and the O-line is!

that was Kellen Winslow...and it was right in front of the ref.

I watched the game with a Bucs fan, and even he was confused why there wasnt a penalty on that play.

Winslow has been a dirt bag, and always will be a dirtbag.

I'm still wondering why there was no flag on Freeman pulling off an Albert Haynesworth on Ray Edwards at the end of the game. Know it wouldn't have changed anything (not offsetting since the Freeman kick on Edwards would have been a deadball penalty), but still, should have been called as yet another cheapshot by the sucs.