Battlefield 3 Open Beta

Carter

Battlefield 3 is set to hit open beta this Thursday, September 29th, on all platforms. PC players who have pre-ordered the game through EA Origin and the 3 people who pre-ordered Medal of Honor Limited Edition will have access to the beta on the 27th via a unique code. I'm really not quite sure what to expect from this game on console, but I'll be checking it out.

Beta will consist of the "Operation Metro" map only and Rush game mode.

Can't seem to find a date, but I believe the open beta is set to run from September 29th to BF3's release date of October 25th. Nearly a full month of playing one map, one game mode. I can see myself changing my preorder to Assassin's Creed already. :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it will probably be absurdly frustrating the first few days as they get all jammed up with load testing and such... working out the glitches will be entertaining, but I don't imagine it will be crushingly annoying as it is with COD games. There are literally thousands of people who dedicate their time to finding map and gameplay glitches on COD games. That's one of the few good things that they changed with Black Ops, a hot fix system to address glitches asap... and thankfully they are using a similar hot fix system with MW3.

BF3 is a different beast though. I'm looking forward to trying it out on the ol' PS3. Won't be as good as what our PC counterparts are playing, but it should be good nonetheless.

dam maintenance till 2 PM EST on the PS store.

then it's gonna crash with everyone getting on it to get the BF3 beta

They don't usually update the store until around 5-6 PM Eastern anyway.

I don't think it will be popular enough to cripple the service, personally. As much buzz and hype as there is surrounding BF3, I only know of a few people on my nearly full friends list who are even interested in the game. I think a MW3 open beta would definitely cripple the servers for a few hours. Demand on PS3 is exponentially higher for COD than anything DICE puts out.

Wow... they should have just called this Modern Bad Company. It's the exact same thing as BC2 but with modern weapons. I'll be passing on this one and I wouldn't expect this game to take any steam from MW3 whatsoever.

This is exactly what I feared, i'll kick the wheels but im not to hopeful

Yea, if you're not getting it on PC I'd recommend skipping this game.

My thoughts exactly after playing the beta on PS3. This game was not meant for consoles, the PC guys on here were spot on with that comment. Makes me appreciate what Crytek did with Crysis 2 that much more.