Crowell Vs. Lattimore/dyer (As Freshmen)

KGDawg710

I happened to notice on another message board that Isaiah Crowell has more rushing yards through his first four games as a freshman than either Lattimore or Dyer had. This statistic didn't include receiving yards and I am unsure of other factors such as who they played against, number of carries, etc. It is just interesting considering how many people said that UGA needed Crowell to come in and have the same results that Lattimore had last year. I would say that, so far, he has at least met expectations (he has exceeded mine), especially considering all the rumors coming out during the preseason about his work ethic, lack of conditioning, etc. Just something to think about.

Note: This is not meant to say that Lattimore or Dyer are not great backs or that Crowell will end up having a better career than either of them.

Edited by KGDawg710

Crowell has more rushing yards on less carries in the first 4 games. Crowell: 77 carries for 411 yards. Lattimore: 84 carries for 366 yards.

Thanks man. Trying to post while doing homework and watching the Colts-Steelers game was enough multitasking as it is. I didn't even wanna try looking up that information.

Let's also not forget that Dyer broke the Auburn record for rushing yards as a freshmen previously held by Bo Jackson. All 3 are terrific backs.

I agree completely. That's why I felt it was necessary to add the note to the end of my statement. I didn't want anybody to think I was saying anything negative about Lattimore or Dyer. It was meant more to show that Crowell has hopefully met the expectations of most of the skeptics, including many UGA fans. Either way, I feel a lot more confident in Georgia's running game than I have in quite some time.

Well, I was one of the skeptics. Probably just a reaction to the fact that all of our hyped RB recruits in recent years have underachieved, while our best RB of the past 20 years was an unheralded recruit from NJ. That said, Crowell is extremely impressive. He is going to be a special back for us.