Can You Honestly Say The Falcons Excel At At Least One (1) Aspect Of The Game Of Football?

Can you honestly say the falcons excel at at least ONE (1) aspect of the game of football?

Most teams excel at least in 1 area even when deficient in many - even if it just special teams or kicking

The Falcons have no identity except homogenized, pasteurized mediocrity

Instead of really becoming proficient and excelling at SOMETHING - they have instead inched along in all areas staying status quo and passing up numerous opportunities to acquire players and coaching talent to at least excel in one aspect of the game

--we used to excel in one area a long time ago

RUNNING THE BALL - it wasnt much--but at least it was something and now we dont even have that

also at one time we had the best special teams coverage unit in the NFL on Punts-- but those days are over as well

The Falcons unfortunately now excel at NOTHING - we are medium to low at everything

Can you honestly say we EXCEL at any aspects of the game below:

Coaching--No

Scheming and Playcalling - No

Pass Protection - No

Pass Rush - No

Run Defense- No

Running the ball - Offense - No

Screen passes - No

Passing game - intermediate and deep - No

Blitzing - No

Pass Coverage - No

Special Teams Coverage - Defense - No

Kicking the ball - No

Special Teams Offense- kickoffs and punt returns - No

Oh ---but there is one area....I forgot to mention that we excel in.......EXCUSES!!!

Edited by jay2009

yeah--that "bomb" to Jones was a joke--yeah that "floater" got there and he did catch it but......................HONESTLY.........if Julio Jones was on the Saints or any other team that has a normal QB that can put zip on his deep throws---what kind of year would he be having ????

255 yards to both WRs, including a bomb to JJ and a ball thrown to Roddy where he had to jump to make a play.

255 yards to both WRs, including a bomb to JJ and a ball thrown to Roddy where he had to jump to make a play.

Helmet-to-Helmet Hits - Yes

Jumping offsides - Yes

Three and outs - Yes

Short Punts - Yes

Knocking Vick Out - Yes (although Giants are better)

Missed interceptions - Yes

Letting our QB get sacked - Yes (the Best!)

Having our QB fumble - Yes (by far!)

Not kicking touchbacks - Yes

should I go on?

I think you got all the aspects across the board

Nice!

Jumping offsides - Yes

Three and outs - Yes

Short Punts - Yes

should I go on?

Jumping offsides - Yes

Three and outs - Yes

Short Punts - Yes

should I go on?

yeah--that "bomb" to Jones was a joke--yeah that "floater" got there and he did catch it but......................HONESTLY.........if Julio Jones was on the Saints or any other team that has a normal QB that can put zip on his deep throws---what kind of year would he be having ????

the water balloon ryan threw. had me in tears

Can you honestly say the falcons excel at at least ONE (1) aspect of the game of football?

Most teams excel at least in 1 area even when deficient in many - even if it just special teams or kicking

The Falcons have no identity except homogenized, pasteurized mediocrity

Instead of really becoming proficient and excelling at SOMETHING - they have instead inched along in all areas staying status quo and passing up numerous opportunities to acquire players and coaching talent to at least excel in one aspect of the game

--we used to excel in one area a long time ago

RUNNING THE BALL - it wasnt much--but at least it was something and now we dont even have that

also at one time we had the best special teams coverage unit in the NFL on Punts-- but those days are over as well

The Falcons unfortunately now excel at NOTHING - we are medium to low at everything

Can you honestly say we EXCEL at any aspects of the game below:

Coaching--No

Scheming and Playcalling - No

Pass Protection - No

Pass Rush - No

Run Defense- No

Running the ball - Offense - No

Screen passes - No

Passing game - intermediate and deep - No

Blitzing - No

Pass Coverage - No

Special Teams Coverage - Defense - No

Kicking the ball - No

Special Teams Offense- kickoffs and punt returns - No

Oh ---but there is one area....I forgot to mention that we excel in.......EXCUSES!!!

were really good at playing a shittier than the team we are playing against four 50 mins and then a lil better for the last 8

Yeah in two areas:

1) The no huddle offense: This is huge because it's an indicator of a highly intelligent QB with great athletes at the skill position.

2) Attacking and opportunistic defense: If you watch the Tampa game (I was there) and even the other two games--our defense is very opportunistic and plays hard and are always around the ball. There are downfalls to this type of defense; but in the age of big offenses this is a prototypical cause turnovers and forget the scoring average against. This type of defense requires a very consistent offense (which we lack right now.

The biggest weaknesses are as follows:

1) Special Teams: Punting is atrocious. Bosher sucks and we are putting our defense in bad spots. Also, Weems seems neutralized due to the new kickoff rules. His strength was in letting the kickoff coverage reveal itself and then hitting the long burst. Now the quick twitch returners are the ones excelling. I see Franks or even Quizz on K/o returns soon. I do not know how Bosher still has a roster spot

2) OLINE: They look slow. Granted we have played some good pass-rushing teams (and we will if we get in playoffs); but our OLine looks very below average and like they lack chemistry. With Bigger wrs our "normal" offense is predicated upondownfield passing and requires passblocking. I don't know if more timing routes would help. But what is confounding is the lack of runblocking dominance. Was Dahl that important?

My fixes:

1) Get a punter ASAP--heck Matt Bryant or Kroy may be better than Bosher. Giving good to great teams short fields is a recipe for disaster.

2) Put Franks or Quizz or even HD on kickoffs. Weems is garbage with the new rules

3) Kick Reynolds outside to RT and move Clabo to LT. Let Baker and Johnson compete for G. One major observation: Reynolds is an OT--he's too long for G and and can't get leverage. Baker and his TRex arms are killing us. Although, i'm starting to wonder if Baker is just all around garbage. Is Clabo a slow LT? Possible. But he is a good technician and large with long arms. Couldn't be worse than Baker