Now, I'm Starting To Worry

Old fan

Because I am seeing things that can't be fixed in the span of one season.

First, the offensive line is not putting it back together. We have our center back, they have had three games to jell, and they look every bit as bad as they did coming out of the lockout. At this rate, Ryan will be on IR, no - in ICU, by the bye week.

It could take years to build a cohesive o-line from scratch. Without any high draft picks next year, even longer. Without a solid O-line, nothing works consistently.

Our defensive secondary is still too inconsistent to be contender-level effective. Just as an example, Dunta can bring the wood one play and be sitting in the stands the next.

When a head coach goes for the field goal instead of a TD with the game on the line, that means he trusts the defense to hold the opponent's run game. Wasn't gonna happen. BAD decision.

When a defensive line KNOWS the other team is going to try drawing an offside to get a first down to ice the game, and they jump anyway, that is not contender-level discipline.

I'm beginning to feel that we may need several drafts and free-agencies, along with some new coaching personnel to build a tough, disciplined, contending team.

Now, someone please tell me I am wrong on all counts and why. I'm as big a homer as they come, but doubt is beginning to creep in.

On the positive side, JJ is just what I expected - sometimes he looks like a pro-bowler and sometimes he looks like a rookie. He will be just fine, given some experience.

Because I am seeing things that can't be fixed in the span of one season.

First, the offensive line is not putting it back together. We have our center back, they have had three games to jell, and they look every bit as bad as they did coming out of the lockout. At this rate, Ryan will be on IR, no - in ICU, by the bye week.

It could take years to build a cohesive o-line from scratch. Without any high draft picks next year, even longer. Without a solid O-line, nothing works consistently.

Our defensive secondary is still too inconsistent to be contender-level effective. Just as an example, Dunta can bring the wood one play and be sitting in the stands the next.

When a head coach goes for the field goal instead of a TD with the game on the line, that means he trusts the defense to hold the opponent's run game. Wasn't gonna happen. BAD decision.

When a defensive line KNOWS the other team is going to try drawing an offside to get a first down to ice the game, and they jump anyway, that is not contender-level discipline.

I'm beginning to feel that we may need several drafts and free-agencies, along with some new coaching personnel to build a tough, disciplined, contending team.

Now, someone please tell me I am wrong on all counts and why. I'm as big a homer as they come, but doubt is beginning to creep in.

On the positive side, JJ is just what I expected - sometimes he looks like a pro-bowler and sometimes he looks like a rookie. He will be just fine, given some experience.

im Dimitroff we trust ;)