It's Time For Mularkey To Go!

Vicious

It's pretty sad that a 4th year starter at QB can run an offense more efficiently than a 10+ year offensive coordinator. Mike Mularkey has become so predictable and unimaginative with his playcalling that it is sickening to watch our offense operate. Mike Mularkey has served his purpose, and now needs to move on. I would love to have someone more aggressive, and imaginative calling the plays. Maybe Mike Smith can get his brother-in-law Brian Billick to operate the offense. Anybody would be a better choice than Mularkey. It's disheartening to watch this ancient offense operate, while other teams like the Saints and Packers attack with creativity and mismatches. We line up and run directly at the defense, or we run 5-7 yards curls. The bomb to Julio had to be a Matt Ryan call in the huddle. Mike Mularkey is entirely too conservative for a call like that. /rant

Matt Ryan is known to start slowly, so why wouldn't you do as you are built and run some? If you do run, why not try a few toss sweeps, or traps? It's so exciting watching a team run the ball when they run with misdirections, sweeps, counters, and traps, but Mularkey apparently knows up the middle, or off tackle. Mike Smith has to see the same things we do, doesn't he? I thinks it's time for the put up or get out speech. Something needs to be addressed in a hurry, because they can't afford to fall behind 1-3, or 1-4.

While I wasn't really happy with the red zone play calling that lead to the FG in the 4th, I don't know what Mularkey can really do when he's handcuffed with such a bad Oline. Sure more screens would help but when the line is that bad...*shrugs

I get what you are saying, but why did Ryan not have much trouble from the O-line when he was calling the plays? Is it a result of the O-line playing that poorly, or is it poorly designed plays? It's almost as if Mularkey has forgotten how to read and attack a defense.

Once upon a time we were worried that he would leave and it would hurt our young QB. It is obviouse that MM is the one holding us back. Its been 2 if not 3 different seasons now that everybody has noticed we are at our best when Matt is in the no huddle and MM is not involved in the play calling.

Guest Negatorris

The run plays are designed horribly. I see the same redundant sh*t every week. What's the point of having a top-of-the-line computer when you don't have a monitor?

Smitty always preaches accountability. Hope this is true cuz we have weapons all over the place and Blank has done more than anyone could ask for and is expecting results. Imagine what Marts could do with these guys. I don't think Smith is the problem, but the buck stops with him. I know his hands may be tied, but the system isn't as much of a problem as the play calling. I fell like it's Gregg Napp 2.0. I say let Musgrave take over and if that doesn't work, look for a better solution after the season.

you do know that Musgrave is in Minny right? and so far it looks like he's inherited bad habits from MM cause he hasn't been adjusting worth anything

Yeah, I forgot. Now I feel like a tard. How bout Robiskie? We need someone in the system that can make some adjustments and call better plays without overhauling the whole system during the season.

lets do it. get rid of mularkey he is unable to make adjustments and to blend the playbook to our talents. the colts offensive coordinator for the past decade is peyton manning. ryan has what it takes to lead the offense better than mularkey at this point.

Actually the OC for Peyton and the head master of what Peyton did/does is Tom Moore who is now trying to teach that same concept to Schottenheimers son

Here is part of the article, Ive been saying it but just so people know Im not lying, Tom Moore started sending in three options to Manning and Manning would decide it at the line

No quarterback has as much freedom, with throwback liberty to call his own plays in a no-huddle system. Typically, Moore sends in three options, and Manning ostensibly chooses the one that figures to match up best vs. the defense.

In a crucial stretch of the AFC title game against the New York Jets, when the Colts rallied from an 11-point deficit, Moore turned over the play-calling.

"He tells me, 'Hey, if you see something out there, you call it. You change it, and I have your back,' " Manning says. "That puts a lot of confidence in you. Some coaches tell you, 'Hey, you can change the play, but it better work.' That is a threat. I don't think I've ever changed a play that's surprised Tom. I am not allowed to change to the double-reverse pass back to the quarterback. I have to keep it within the system."

It also talks about the relationship they had and how long they were together, which leads to the point of trust

If Mularkey doesnt trust Ryan at this point to change a trash play he sends in at the line, it really is time for him to Go

For three years now I have been saying Matt Ryan is more comfortable when he makes the decisions at the lines, I saw it in his rookie year, just like everyone else who dubbed him the next manning, so why doesnt Mularkey see it??....and what is it going to take for Mularkey to treat Ryan like manning and give him the option to change the plays..........THE ENTIRE GAME not just one or two series

Actually the OC for Peyton and the head master of what Peyton did/does is Tom Moore who is now trying to teach that same concept to Schottenheimers son Here is part of the article, Ive been saying it but just so people know Im not lying, Tom Moore started sending in three options to Manning and Manning would decide it at the line

No quarterback has as much freedom, with throwback liberty to call his own plays in a no-huddle system. Typically, Moore sends in three options, and Manning ostensibly chooses the one that figures to match up best vs. the defense.

In a crucial stretch of the AFC title game against the New York Jets, when the Colts rallied from an 11-point deficit, Moore turned over the play-calling.

"He tells me, 'Hey, if you see something out there, you call it. You change it, and I have your back,' " Manning says. "That puts a lot of confidence in you. Some coaches tell you, 'Hey, you can change the play, but it better work.' That is a threat. I don't think I've ever changed a play that's surprised Tom. I am not allowed to change to the double-reverse pass back to the quarterback. I have to keep it within the system."

He has definitely proven that he is capable of running an offense.

It also talks about the relationship they had and how long they were together, which leads to the point of trust If Mularkey doesnt trust Ryan at this point to change a trash play he sends in at the line, it really is time for him to Go For three years now I have been saying Matt Ryan is more comfortable when he makes the decisions at the lines, I saw it in his rookie year, just like everyone else who dubbed him the next manning, so why doesnt Mularkey see it??....and what is it going to take for Mularkey to treat Ryan like manning and give him the option to change the plays..........THE ENTIRE GAME not just one or two series

I am ready for MM to go, but I still can't understand why anyone would want Billick. The man hasn't coached an above-average offense since 1998, and that team had some all time greats on it. Since he last coached an above-average offense, offenses have changed dramatically.

I want a creative, aggressive offensive mind.