This Post Is For Homer Fans

Realsurfin

Preseason I was shouted down that it didn't count and didn't matter...

Matt being a crash test dummy... again, don't worry it don't matter....

The O-lines lack of any coordinated effort... don't worry it don't matter...

The D-Line not being able to get Matty back on the field... don't worry it don't matter...

So when does it matter?

Preseason is long over...

Post your homer excuses here and get it out of your system... then offer a better solution.

realsurfin <_<

That offsides call cost us the game! Our D played well enough today that we could've made the stop IMO. Ryan was awesome today in the no huddle so I believe we had a chance to come back and win. I'm disappointed at the loss but not that much seein as how we came back from being down 13 and shorted the lead to 3 (on the road at that) so we'll hafta swallow the defeat and get um next time

All we need is a left tackle. ;)

...and Harvey Dahl back. Philly beat us around the ends, but Tampa came right up the middle. Baker played better today. Letting Dahl go is showing to be the biggest mistake this team has made all season. If we can right the O-line somehow, we'll be in the playoffs. The D held Tampa to only 16 pts, so, outside of that offside at the end that cost us the game, you can't fault them on anything.

Your a good team. There is always an ebb and flow to teams and seasons, especially in the NFC South. I still think you guys gave too much for Jones, because I still believe that defense wins championships and that's where you should have focused over these 2 years, but I have to admit he is a beast. I will agree there were way to many homer Atlanta fans who thought this would be an easy win, but I disagree with the OP who wants to belittle the team. Nothing wrong with your guys effort today. Bucs are a good team too.

Your a good team. There is always an ebb and flow to teams and seasons, especially in the NFC South. I still think you guys gave too much for Jones, because I still believe that defense wins championships and that's where you should have focused over these 2 years, but I have to admit he is a beast. I will agree there were way to many homer Atlanta fans who thought this would be an easy win, but I disagree with the OP who wants to belittle the team. Nothing wrong with your guys effort today. Bucs are a good team too.

Good game today, but our defense is not the problem. Our defense stays on the field too much because of the offense's ineptness and lethargy. I believe if we truly had an explosive offense, BVG would be a sick DC.

I for one didn't think this was gonna be an easy win. I was hoping to see some more offense from us though. Unlike the bears game, we weren't so vanilla and went deep on several occasions. The Bucs played good D and we should have never even been in the game. So we can b!tch about this or that, but you can only pull a rabbit out your a$$ so many times. No excuses from me this time. We just got out played.

...and Harvey Dahl back. Philly beat us around the ends, but Tampa came right up the middle. Baker played better today. Letting Dahl go is showing to be the biggest mistake this team has made all season. If we can right the O-line somehow, we'll be in the playoffs. The D held Tampa to only 16 pts, so, outside of that offside at the end that cost us the game, you can't fault them on anything.

Don't forget our old punter too.

Good game today, but our defense is not the problem. Our defense stays on the field too much because of the offense's ineptness and lethargy. I believe if we truly had an explosive offense, BVG would be a sick DC.

I agree, they were put in some tough spots today and did pretty well. They just got wore down and started missing tackles late in the game.

Falcons have beat the Bucs 5 times in the last 5 outings. The two times we met last year meant a difference of 10 points. The law of averages says the Bucs would win eventually and today was the day. It should be a real good game the next time we meet cuz I think those Falcon Players will feel they have a score to settle.

Honestly, the game could have gone either way in the 4th.

Preseason I was shouted down that it didn't count and didn't matter...

Matt being a crash test dummy... again, don't worry it don't matter....

The O-lines lack of any coordinated effort... don't worry it don't matter...

The D-Line not being able to get Matty back on the field... don't worry it don't matter...

So when does it matter?

Preseason is long over...

Post your homer excuses here and get it out of your system... then offer a better solution.

realsurfin <_<

Instead of admitting that this team has some SERIOUS flaws, it's easier for the homers to call you a Vick Hugger.

Instead of admitting that this team has some SERIOUS flaws, it's easier for the homers to call you a Vick Hugger.

The problem with the Homers... A serious lack of watching the game as a big picture and for what it is.. instead of over analyzing each play individually. I think they play "Tomorrow" from Llittle Orpan Annie while they watch MATTY get hit by a train.

Then a Homer will point out to me the catch that was almost caught was great or the sack that almost was showed great talent... its like that over and over.. they always point to one good play and say it wipes out the bad......

well we had a saying in the service... one awwwwww crap wipes out 5 atta boys....

Well when we get a LT we will be set. Baker is more a G anyways, so put him at the RG. That fixes our line situation.

Lower your expectations on this teams output. They are who we thought they are

I think we keep losing for as long as we continue to beat ourselves.

Personally, I'm not a fan of running a run heavy formation on 1st down, running the ball getting 2 or 3 yards and immediately dropping back into shotgun with 3 or 4 wide on 2nd down. It would appear that we're telegraphing our punches and I would imagine it doesn't help with the offense getting into any type of rhythm. For me this is very frustrating and I feel like I see it happen a lot to start the game.

It's like we're having an identity crisis.

Turnovers, penalties and missed opportunities so far this year. I want to think the players are putting in 100%. Im wondering if the 3 winning seasons in a row have gotten into there heads and ego and maybe think they are unbeatable. just going through the motions. i know injuries have an impact as well but jee whiz

Yeah, I'm a well known homer but right now I'm mad as h*ll! Yeah, Bucs and Saints fans are strutting across our message board taunting us but the reaity is we have played poorly and deserve it.

Am I pissed? D*mned right, but we have the talent to do much better but the game plan is weaker than a 150 lb fullback!