Thomas Dimitroff's Ability To Draft In Question

RED ZONE 1

It’s no secret that our o-line and secondary has been suspect thus far in an early season of such promise and potential. We all know the execution of the play calling falls squarely on the shoulders of the players, no one questions that. However, what is in question is the type of players that are taking the field for Atlanta. Thomas Dimitroff’s New England draft philosophy doesn’t seem to working in the “A”. A diamond in the ruff is something that HOPE TO FIND BUT NOT INTENTIALLY DRAFT TO IMPROVE YOUR TEAM. Wasted picks like Hawley, Reynolds, Bosher, Chevis Jackson, M. Johnson, Biermann, Adkins, Owens, Franks, Jerry, and quick & slow change of pace back Jacquizz Rogers have done little to improve this squad, character guys are great but playmakers are better. TD’s miscues are highlighted by the fact that he’s only produced 5 NFL starters (Lofton, Ryan, Jones, Spoon, and Moore) in his 5 year tenure. With no 1st rd pick in 2012 and a flawed philosophy, we may be on the verge of an epic collapse that could set this franchise back for years.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on everything in your post except Rodgers. He was a good value for that pick. He fit a need for a 3rd down back. My only problem is that we have 3 run between the tackles RB's. We dont have any slashers or speed backs. Ive said that last years team was somewhat of a smoke and mirrors team held together by bubblegum. We were the beneficiaries of a last place schedule and our mgt and coaches fooled themselves into believing that we were an elite team. Teams caught up to what we were doing by the last quarter of the season and instead of making adjustments, we were content to just coast and haven't changed anything up until today. Teams around the league know exactly what we are planning to do. We have been down going into the 4th quarter in our last 5 games (9 including the preseason), then we have to try to play catch up and it only worked one time in the last 5 tries because the starting qb went down.

Edited by beantownfalc2

I been saying that for a while. Please Mr. Blank get someone that knows talent to make the draft picks and FA picks. You can make TD the Vice President!!.. TD got lucky when he got here we had a good base of players and TD did add Turner and Ryann but it has been all down hill since.. TD is going to bring this team Down..

I been saying that for a while. Please Mr. Blank get someone that knows talent to make the draft picks and FA picks. You can make TD the Vice President!!.. TD got lucky when he got here we had a good base of players and TD did add Turner and Ryann but it has been all down hill since.. TD is going to bring this team Down..

we didnt have a rb, so we sign the best fa, we didnt have a qb, so we drafted the best at #3.

my kid sister makes those same moves

I agree with you on everything in your post except Rodgers. He was a good value for that pick. He fit a need for a 3rd down back. My only problem is that we have 3 run between the tackles RB's. We dont have any slashers or speed backs. Ive said that last years team was somewhat of a smoke and mirrors team held together by bubblegum. We were the beneficiaries of a last place schedule and our mgt and coaches fooled themselves into believing that we were an elite team. Teams caught up to what we were doing by the last quarter of the season and instead of making adjustments, we were content to just coast and haven't changed anything up until today. Teams around the league know exactly what we are planning to do. We have been down going into the 4th quarter in our last 5 games (9 including the preseason), then we have to try to play catch up and it only worked one time in the last 5 tries because the starting qb went down.

I disagree we do have a speed back A. Smith, he showed his speed in the preseason which is why we kept him on the roster. Unfortunately, the coaching staff refuse to put him on the field. Here's a kid that could add to the explosiveness of the offense but is buried by behind a player that is any more talented or adds that much more the team. Bottom line speed kills.

OK we could have gotten Darren Sproles for a speed back. We could have used Draft picks we gave up for J.J to add line men any one would have been better then Baker. But The way were playing Cleveland will LOVE TD.

they are building a td statue as we speak.

Sorry we don't have a 1st next year, we gave it up to get Julio Jones this year.

Our 1st this year and next year, see the problem.

irony

Everybody commenting on the draft picks that TD makes and says..well we could've had him..or we could've had him..like y'all knew they'd be studs with Atlanta...if y'all so good at predicting how well someone is going to pan out in the league y'all should sumbit y'all apps

dez bryant- we passed

we gave up 5 for julio

end of discussion