I Love My Falcons...

domeOFpain

I don't know. You say it ain't a Vick thing and I'll take your word on it. Ryan has the best record in the first three years for any QB since Marino. Now, you could say Marino never won it, and you'd be right. But I've seen Ryan bring us back in game after game over these three years. He did it against the Bears his rookie year. He did it again Sunday.

And this pattern goes WAY back. He brought BC back his senior year in a game which by all rights they deserved to lose. But Ryan was the honey badger. He didn't give a $h1t that they had their brains beaten out for 3 1/2 quarters. He went 5 wide, no huddle and took them down the field to win. I'm seeing a pattern here. Frankly, I don't know what there is not to like.

Maybe it's arm strength. But Joe Montana never had a superior arm and had 4 Lombardis. The aforementioned Marino did and didn't. Montana had the greatest receiver in history, but we've got a pretty decent group ourselves. White is excellent and the ceiling on Jones is huge. So you can't say, simply on arm strength, that Ryan will never win a Super Bowl. Well, you can say it. But you have no evidence to support it.

Maybe you don't like his playoff record. Ok, well he was severely outplayed against both Arizona and GB. With Arizona he was a rookie. And honestly that day with Rogers, you could've put Unitas' guts in Marino's body with Montana's head and he still probably couldn't have beaten him.

After the Chicago game there were more questions about Ryan and this regime than at ANY time since the rookie season. And in my mind against Philly, he/we answered them. We knocked the EX-QB out of the game, we exorcised the ghost of #7, and even though Ryan was getting PUMMELED all game, he was the last man standing and engineered two great 4th Qtr TD drives to bring us a victory. If you're a Falcon fan, what's not to like about that?

So maybe you just don't like the guy. Maybe you don't like the way he talks, or the way he looks. That's your choice. But I think if you want to continue to "love your Falcons", you might cut the kid a little slack and try to support him a bit while he's here. Which is likely to be for a while.

Edited by since68andcounting

After the Chicago game there were more questions about Ryan and this regime than at ANY time since the rookie season. And in my mind against Philly, he/we answered them. We knocked the EX-QB out of the game, we exorcised the ghost of #7, and even though Ryan was getting PUMMELED all game, he was the last man standing and engineered two great 4th Qtr TD drives to bring us a victory. If you're a Falcon fan, what's not to like about that?

:rolleyes:

But I am NOT a Matty Lice fan. Never have been. Never will be. Nothing to do with Vick. The boy will not lead us to Greatness...Ever.

Vick obviously failed to take us to greatness. Why weren't you knocking him? All Vick did was **** over this city and franchise. Go ahead and fess up about why you don't like Matt. Keep it real. Everyone already knows, so go ahead and say it.

I also find it funny, yet pathetic that these fools ALWAYS find the need to go out of their way to start these dumb *** threads. Why?

you dont need to be a fan of the qb to be a fan of the team.

i hated joey harrington even when we had him.

but for us to do well, we need ryan to do well, so suck it up.

This is a good point. The only thing is that Harrington was never supposed to be "the guy. " my frustration with him was actually that he was never good enough to even be an average starter. I support our whole team though and really think there is a lot of upside to this team. Love #2 as well.