1 2006

13 3 47 15.7 30 0 2 0 0 2007

16 4 16 4.0 12 0 1 0 0 2008

16 6 41 6.8 18 0 2 0 0 2009

11 5 35 7.0 10 0 2 0 0 2010

16 12 85 7.1 19 0 2 0 0 2011

2 4 72 18.0 32 0 3 0 0

GP/REC/YDS/AVG/LNG/TD/FD/FUM/LST

These are Michael Turner's receiving numbers over his career(stats from espn.com http://espn.go.com/n.../michael-turner). As you can see over the last two seasons including this current one, he is starting to be used a LOT more (relatively) out of the backfield (he's already a quarter of the way to his season total last year which was by far his busiest year for receiving). This creates yet another problem for defenses to worry about, one that likely none of them will see coming until it's too late. I bring this up because I've seen nobody make mention of it. I've seen others point out the fact that he couldn't finish off that 61 yard gain he had. I've read about concerns with his weight over the last three off-seasons. Yet consistently he comes out year after year with great numbers, and is now adding another element to his game. Something that makes Snelling so valuable to the Falcons, he can catch the ball. The biggest number to take from Mike's receiving numbers this season is that he has three first downs already after two games. The real superstar of this team has gotten better and better as his game has adjusted to the tweaks and additions to this offense. This can only lead to good things.

I agree, OP! Turner is THE real superstar of this team and makes our offense what it is and what it is has been since he has been here. I have never understood the hate Turner receives from so many fans. Who complains about a RB who averages over 1300 yards rushing per season and 12 TDs and is now becoming more of an impact in the receiving game? And his averages come after considering his shortened and injury-plagued 11 game season in 2009.

This offense would not be what it is without he and his production and effectiveness. He is a huge addition and impact player for our offense and our team as a whole. I will admit there is some bias in me as he is my favorite player on the team.

Turner doesnt get credit for his receiving ability. Some fans equate few opportunities to not having the skillset.

from what ive seen, turner is a pretty solid dump off option, and when you can get a bruiser like 33 downfield going up against dbs and cover linebackers, good things will happen. i just wish wed run a **** screen.