Peria Jerry Impact Play Breakdown

atljbo

Jerry exploded against the Eagles. Best game of his NFL career so far. I want to see that every game from him. Babineaux does it every game, but we need Jerry to step in and make us not worry where Babineaux is.

I had doubts about Jerry, but I saw what he is capable of and why we drafted him. He needs to play like that every Sunday.

I recall many suggesting it wasn't a big deal because "he wasn't even blocked" , but with the breakdown about, you can see that it really was a great play by him. He must have read that play the whole way, because he didn't bite for even a microsecond.

exactly... Whats crazy is that we all feel like Cullen Jenkins (happens to be their new prize FA) is a great DT... The clips showed him getting tricked by the play when he was a packer.

Film study and being very discipline was a must with this play

I had doubts about Jerry, but I saw what he is capable of and why we drafted him. He needs to play like that every Sunday.

That's the problem with writing guys off as soon as they don't perform as quick as you wanted. I am not surprised like you guys are. He did this in college and we all expected this from him. He tore his ACL, an injury that takes two years to recover from. He is a 300lbs man so they didn't rush him back. This is year two.

@Culain - it wasn't a sack because it was a run play. It makes since to think it should be since he tackled the QB. But since it was an obvious run play, it is just a QB hit, TFL, and FF.

That's the problem with writing guys off as soon as they don't perform as quick as you wanted. I am not surprised like you guys are. He did this in college and we all expected this from him. He tore his ACL, an injury that takes two years to recover from. He is a 300lbs man so they didn't rush him back. This is year two.

I agree... Not really surprised.... In college the guy was a beast... i remember when he dominated at the senior bowl also...

It has taken him longer then i thought (because of injury) but he is becoming that guy i thought he could be.

Thats why i dont give up on a guy if i think he has the talent... I atleast give the guy 3 years unless he is completely a bum.

If Jerry plays the way he did last week this week, he'll have a couple of sacks and 2-3 TFLs- only the extreme elusiveness of Vick and McCoy kept that from happening last week. Neither Freeman nor Blount is as elusive.

With Freeman, still have to have a contained rush and more than one rusher getting there. Way to stop Blount is to tackle him before he gets going.

This Dline may be evolving into the kind of Dline that Smith has wanted here- if they can get pressure consistently with the front four, this D will take off.

Because they decided it was a designated running play...therefore no sack but it should definately be a forced fumble. However they could also say he lost the ball on the handoff and that can be construed as a fumble without a force...

I agree about the sack thing even tho i think he deserved it..... With the fumble part... Peria clearly ripped Vick arms down... that caused the fumble.

If Jerry plays the way he did last week this week, he'll have a couple of sacks and 2-3 TFLs- only the extreme elusiveness of Vick and McCoy kept that from happening last week. Neither Freeman nor Blount is as elusive.

With Freeman, still have to have a contained rush and more than one rusher getting there. Way to stop Blount is to tackle him before he gets going.

This Dline may be evolving into the kind of Dline that Smith has wanted here- if they can get pressure consistently with the front four, this D will take off.

Yea that surprised me the most... The plays he could have had.... McCoy is ultra elusive...

The thing that struck me odd after watching that video was that against us, the left tackle was pulling and against the Packers, it was the left guard. How is the tackle supposed to have time to get all the way across to the DT who is only a couple of feet away from Vick?

If you look at the play vs the Packers.... That DT bit so hard that Peters (The LT) would have made it over there if he was ask to be the pulling O-Lineman.... They just thought for sure that Peria would bite hard on that play