Re: O-Line - Worst In The League!

mattyicefalcon

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&tabSeq=2&season=2011&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=true

18 hits + 9 sacks

in next couple of games if we dont rectify the flaws in our O-line & dont protect our QB.......it's light out folks!

Even if we somehow make it to the playoffs in wild card .....we can't have expectations to go deep in playoffs.

That said, I sincerely hope THE TURNSTILE (aka - S.baker) gets his act together in upcoming game.

http://www.nfl.com/s...&qualified=true

18 hits + 9 sacks

in next couple of games if we dont rectify the flaws in our O-line & dont protect our QB.......it's light out folks!

Even if we somehow make it to the playoffs in wild card .....we can't have expectations to go deep in playoffs.

That said, I sincerely hope THE TURNSTILE (aka - S.baker) gets his act together in upcoming game.

Da*n bro. That's alot of sacks. Your right sackmakerbaker needs to get his sh*t together. We both know Matt Ryan can make the throws if given the time too.

9 sacks in 2 games is inexcusable. Ryan is tough but he isnt that tough to withstand hits at that rate for very long. If we dont fix this we are going to lose Ryan by game 5.

I get sleepless nights .....thinking about how fragile they are & what miracle will it take to fix the **** problem?

all this talk about "explosive" plays dont matter if we can do basic things upfront.

Look at the stats of Detroit Lions - they are **** good!!!

0 sacks !! & I guess less then couple of hits .......

Edited by mattyicefalcon

http://www.nfl.com/s...&qualified=true

18 hits + 9 sacks

umm no, it obvious that as much as ryan gets hit cutler get it far worse... i believe he has got sacked 11 times and hit more then 20 and counting....

9 sacks in 2 games is inexcusable. Ryan is tough but he isnt that tough to withstand hits at that rate for very long. If we dont fix this we are going to lose Ryan by game 5.

you kno one thing that pissed me off, and NOBODY is talking about it, is the cheap shot babin got on ryan TWICE, the one where he got hurt was all in the open, he held ryan down and folded him in that posistion and let go right when the play stopped... everybody missed it including the players... but if you go back and look again, he he was tryin to hurt ryan

umm no, it obvious that as much as ryan gets hit cutler get it far worse... i believe he has got sacked 11 times and hit more then 20 and counting....

do not guess....look at the "facts"

18 hits are the highest in the league......

when you compare you always measure yourself with the BEST!

Lions - 0 sacks - 6 hits

Packers - 3 sacks - 5 hits

^^^^ that's how you protect your QB & allow yourself chance to make "explosive" plays on offense.

you kno one thing that pissed me off, and NOBODY is talking about it, is the cheap shot babin got on ryan TWICE, the one where he got hurt was all in the open, he held ryan down and folded him in that posistion and let go right when the play stopped... everybody missed it including the players... but if you go back and look again, he he was tryin to hurt ryan

+1 You're talking about when Ryan was in that split stance and was held there for sum seconds? That piss me off as well. I can't believe the Refs didn't say a da*n thing about it! Another thing that pisses me off is that the annoucers said the refs where calling a tough game. Bullsh*t! :angry:

The OLine needs to get pissed at their poor performance as of late. Yes it was against some really strong defenses, but they need to prove that this truly was just some bad games against some top talent. My biggest problem on the line is Reynolds. He is a natural OT trying to play OG. Different mindsets. Looks like DRob of the OLine but worse

+1 You're talking about when Ryan was in that split stance and was held there for sum seconds? That piss me off as well. I can't believe the Refs didn't say a da*n thing about it! Another thing that pisses me off is that the annoucers said the refs where calling a tough game. Bullsh*t! :angry:

tell me about it, babin should have got called for a couple late hits.... but that one where ryan went into a split i was surprised NOBODY saw it, not even his teammates.. usually they always have his back but idk... i guess he got aways with it even tho theres TWO refs in the back field...

do not guess....look at the "facts"

18 hits are the highest in the league......

when you compare you always measure yourself with the BEST!

Lions - 0 sacks - 6 hits

Packers - 3 sacks - 5 hits

^^^^ that's how you protect your QB & allow yourself chance to make "explosive" plays on offense.

thats nice, but were ranked THRID with QB sacks as opposed to cutler 11 (not including hits) ill check but im POSITIVE cutler has taken more hits then ryan has... he has been sacked the most the last two years... AND THAT IS A FACT...

I can see the point that you are makeing, but to single out Baker is silly. He has not played well but then who on our line has? Of the 9 sac's, hits, etc. how many were directly Bakers man? I have seen sacks given up by every man on our line. I have also seen Matt move up into defenders as well. Statistics can be used, but observation tells the story. IMO #1 we have played teams with very good D-lines, #2 out O-line needs to step up and play better.