A Few Talking Heads Kept Saying Atlanta Is Lucky Vick Wasn't Still In The Game

falcon124

Uh, this is the same guy that fumbled twice and threw an int (ok, the int wasn't challenged so it counted). So, who's to say there wasn't another fumble or pick coming had he stayed in. Just irritating and then to have them still ranked above the Falcons in most of the power rankings after a head to head win is annoying. No matter what this team does, it never gets respect. Ever. We need a statement game against the BUCS.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, this is the same guy that fumbled twice and threw an int (ok, the int wasn't challenged so it counted). So, who's to say there wasn't another fumble or pick coming had he stayed in. Just irritating and then to have them still ranked above the Falcons in most of the power rankings after a head to head win is annoying. No matter what this team does, it never gets respect. Ever. We need a statement game against the BUCS.

I know right! I keep hearing this from everyone with a mouth and the ability to speak. Heck, with the way we were forcing TOs on Vick, we probably may have preferred for him to remain in the game.Just as you stated, and the same thing I have been resonating since the game: Who is to say he wouldn't have had another TO. I mean, it's not like he isn't good for those during critical times of the game. I am sick and tired of hearing it. I have a friend of mine who is a Cowboys fan and the nerve of him to tell me this. Last time I checked, they can't even get into the post-season. . .

It wouldn't give the Falcons a whole lot more credibility if they beat the Bucs by two or three TD's. The talking heads would just say, "The poor Bucs just had a bad day, because we all know the Falcons pretty much suck on defense and have a low-scoring offense, blah, blah, blah...." What the Falcons really need to do to get respect is to have a "statement" POST-season. One where they play their A-game on O and D and kick butt all the way to and through the Super Bowl. Once there's a replica of the Atlanta Falcon's first Super Bowl Trophy sitting in a case in the Falcon complex in Suwanee, this team will get the respect of their peers and us fans. Until then, this week vs the Bucs is just another test of team character, talent and coaching.

106242356.zeMh4EiE.beatingadeadhorse.gif

Who cares what they think? Go Falcons!

pfff--what ever---some folks are still talking about Ronald Reagan---Ryan was totally gutsy and it had nothing to do w/ Vick

It's because the talking heads still think he's the Vick from the first half of last season who went on a complete tear and not the Vick from the second half and now who has turned the ball over about 14 times in seven games. He is unbeatable in their eyes and if he isn't in the game that means the other team got lucky, but I felt like Kafka was a bigger threat to us at that point since he wasn't being careless with the ball yet was still moving the ball very effectively. If anything we're lucky that Maclin dropped that pass and that coaching flub up in running down the clock didn't come back to bite us in the ***.

In any case, if 31 points isn't enough to win the game for you then it's on the defense. ****, you don't hear people freaking out that the Eagles secondary looked foolish against Ryan once he ran the no huddle in the 4th quarter or how the Eagles defense made a grand total of zero stops in the red zone.

@Physic Gibbon - EXACTLY! They all were rooting for Vick when he came back last year and he was hot for 6 games. All of a sudden that was enough to convince them that he is a new player. No, teams didn't expect him to be able to be a QB that quick from jail. But he showed he still couldn't read blitzes and has been attacked since then. His WRs do more of the heavy lifting for him. I bet if you took his YAC out of his yards total last year, he barely breaks 2000 yards.

I'm not knocking Vick because he is an elite "Weapon" when on the field, but not an elite QB. He doesn't play defense neither. Vick's absence doesn't stop us from scoring 14 points. Plus, they had a terrible first half and were held to 10 points. To assume our defense wouldn't hold them again is clear bias.

I get the frustration, but the Eagles DID pretty much out play us the entire game. Our interception was extremely fortunate and that fumble return by Edwards was also extremely fortunate. I'll take the win, but the Eagles played pretty well against us.

Doesn't really matter what they say. The win column won't have an asterisk next to it saying "Vick didn't play the whole game". Not to mention they beat us last year without Vick so apparently he's not the football savior-Christ incarnate they made him out to be. He played and couldn't keep himself in the game. Tough ish

I think that overall the eagles were the better team. It really bothers me how happy our coaching staff was. We left a lot of plays out there on the field. Thank God for our defense or we would NOT have had a chance.

35 to 31, you MV was pointing at the scoreboard. So, I will agree to disagree on who the better team is.

It cracks me up when people say that we were lucky. Last time I checked our defense smashed him and put the dude out of the game. Football is not a game of "what ifs". You get it done or you don't.

By smashed him do you mean Moore pulling him down so gently he was watching his throw as he was going to ground and by freak accident had his teammate helmet hit his chin on the way down?

Without his teammate there, he would have just gone down into a push up position and pop right back up.

Regardless, he was driving every drive down in the 3rd qtr for TD's, so to believe he would have gone into the 4th qtr and not even score just once, even with Ryan comeback, is just homerism. Ryan and Vick both had 28 attempts, yet Ryan completed 17 throws the entire game and Vick completed 19 throws in just the 3 qtrs and had about 60 yards more.

So Vick played better in just 3 qtrs vs Ryan performance the entire game. Even though Ryan just barely scraped a win out in 4th qtr, nobody nationally was impressed. Since regular season last year, nothing from GB playoff game to game last week shows any improvement from last year, in fact it suggests that a lot of luck and bad ref calls got the Falcons a much better record than the team should have had.

By smashed him do you mean Moore pulling him down so gently he was watching his throw as he was going to ground and by freak accident had his teammate helmet hit his chin on the way down?

Without his teammate there, he would have just gone down into a push up position and pop right back up.

Regardless, he was driving every drive down in the 3rd qtr for TD's, so to believe he would have gone into the 4th qtr and not even score just once, even with Ryan comeback, is just homerism. Ryan and Vick both had 28 attempts, yet Ryan completed 17 throws the entire game and Vick completed 19 throws in just the 3 qtrs and had about 60 yards more.

So Vick played better in just 3 qtrs vs Ryan performance the entire game. Even though Ryan just barely scraped a win out in 4th qtr, nobody nationally was impressed. Since regular season last year, nothing from GB playoff game to game last week shows any improvement from last year, in fact it suggests that a lot of luck and bad ref calls got the Falcons a much better record than the team should have had.

you dont yet?

Don't you have a sports talk radio show to call in and embarrass yourself on?

Idiot.

Matt had 3 TDs before the 4th Q, and took advantage of Vick's mistakes. Vick is the same Vick he always has been. A loser.

We'll see how bad your crying when the eagles score 100 points on that defense of yours. Everybody knows that taints defense has went backward ever since your superbowl year.

Edited by Butudontseeme