How could there be legal option if the game is blacked out in your area? You either buy a ticket or you are out of luck.

That's why I am asking the question. I don't live in the Orlando or Tampa areas (I live in Atlanta), but I do have to travel for a business related matter, and I am unable to attend the game in Tampa, because I'll be in the Daytona area at the time of the game.

Edited by 4dabirds

They do if the stadium's not sold out.

I agree with the other posters.

Drive over there and buy a $30 ticket.

Probably a better value than what you'll spend $30 on this week.

ive never had a game black out, even when the stadiums not sold out, and ive had sunday ticket for 6 or 7 years.

Edited by Chi City Falcon

Yes they do. I just called Direct TV about it, and if a game is blacked out in a local market then it is also blackout on Sunday Ticket in that same market.

you went thru that to just prove a point?

like i said, ive never had a game black out.

EDIt: i just read the local market thing. now im on the same page.

Edited by Chi City Falcon

I used to live in the area a million years ago. You might try driving up the coast and hitting a sports bar near Jacksonville where it isn't blacked out. Takes about an hour and a half, tho.

Unfortunately the blackout radius is bigger than 100 miles there. Most of the state relies on TV programming that comes out of Orlando. But yes, that will be my best bet and no guarantee, because Jacksonville is about 70 miles, where as Tampa is 122. Only bad thing is timing. I won't be arriving until about 3:00 in the afternoon. Oh well, I'll just have to make something work out.

I can sympathize, business travel has screwed up my Falcons game days before as well.

You mentioned that you live in Atlanta. You could always buy a sling box for your DVR and shoot it over the internet to yourself. I have mine set up so I can watch the Falcons on my Phone, iPad or Laptop just in case :-)

When I was living in Seattle I had an extra DVR and Sling box at my parents house here in Atlanta so I got to see Falcons games.

I can sympathize, business travel has screwed up my Falcons game days before as well.

You mentioned that you live in Atlanta. You could always buy a sling box for your DVR and shoot it over the internet to yourself. I have mine set up so I can watch the Falcons on my Phone, iPad or Laptop just in case :-)

When I was living in Seattle I had an extra DVR and Sling box at my parents house here in Atlanta so I got to see Falcons games.

Thanks for the info.

If you're serious about watching the game anywhere, perhaps you might get a tv tuner and record it to your home pc, then PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL it to your laptop via remote desktop.

I thought about doing that. I have found an alternative, apparently Palm Coat gets Jacksonville stations, so I'm going to Palm Coast which is just a few miles up the road. Thanks for your help.