Peter King Predicts

Bucs 20

Falcons 16

4:15 p.m. ET (FOX) Atlanta Falcons (1-1) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1)

Terrific comeback last week for Josh Freeman, his eighth comeback victory in the fourth quarter or overtime in 27 career starts. There's something about this kid that's impossible not to like. It won't surprise me at all if, in 10 years, we look at the careers of the two quarterbacks in this game and say Freeman's been a better pro than Matt Ryan. And believe me, that's not meant to be a knock on Ryan. It's how strongly I feel about Freeman.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/22/week3/index.html#ixzz1YnBe35Pe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet Peter King picked us to go to the Super Bowl.

Yet Matt Ryan just came back to beat the Eagles (all agree they are better than the Vikings).

Yet it was only our 6th comeback when down by 10 or more points in the 4th quarter in franchise history.

Yet it was Matt's 9th comeback (13 game winning drives).

Yet Matt's last game-winning drive was on 12-5-2010 vs. Freeman and the Bucs, in Tampa Bay.

Yet Matt has 3GWD vs. Tampa (one here, two there).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RyanMa00

Yet Peter King picked us to go to the Super Bowl.

Yet Matt Ryan just came back to beat the Eagles (all agree they are better than the Vikings).

Yet it was only our 6th comeback when down by 10 or more points in the 4th quarter in franchise history.

Yet it was Matt's 9th comeback (13 game winning drives).

Yet Matt's last game-winning drive was on 12-5-2010 vs. Freeman and the Bucs, in Tampa Bay.

Yet Matt has 3GWD vs. Tampa (one here, two there).

http://www.pro-footb...player=RyanMa00

Sweet, but where did you get the 6th comeback total - we've had more than that. I listed 7 or 8 in your previous thread. I'm trying to figure out where the number comes from.

Maybe since we've been in the NFCS?

Sweet, but where did you get the 6th comeback total - we've had more than that. I listed 7 or 8 in your previous thread. I'm trying to figure out where the number comes from.

Maybe since we've been in the NFCS?

I overheard it on NFL Network that it was only the 6th time in franchise history that we overcame a 10 point deficit when trailing in the 4th.

If you have a link or explanation, I'd love to read it.

As for the other info, I just looked it up on football-reference. They're pretty reliable (although the Eagles game hasn't been added to the GWD/Comeback stats for Matty yet).

We put up 35 points against the "Dream Team" defense, yet we manage less than half of that against the Bucs?!? I don't think so...

<_<

Man, this is my point too.

I think the Bucs D will do what the Bears did, well at least try. However, they lack the D-line and quality LBers that Chicago has. Not to mention only half of their secondary is any good.

Man, this is my point too.

I think the Bucs D will do what the Bears did, well at least try. However, they lack the D-line and quality LBers that Chicago has. Not to mention only half of their secondary is any good.

I guess we all saw how "quality" the Bears LBers were last Sunday vs Saints.