Anyone Here Work In It/ Computers?

atlantafan

So I'm sitting at my desk working and some guy from desktop support comes to my desk-- sees my falcons license plate and says "IT people aren't supposed to like football or sports". He could of passed for one of the nerds from Revenge of the Nerds for sure. Now I'm in IT, a software developer, and it got me thinking I wonder how many people that post here are in IT. Let's here it.

Alos on average, to check the stereotype, how many IT'ers where you work are into football/ sports?

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Education - Masters Degree in Computer Science, Masters in Accounting, 30+ years of various programming, networking, computer related degrees, certifications and refreshers - including MCSE, CCNE, CCNA, A++, Network+, 14 programming language certifications, and so many more.

I've been in the computer field since 1975.

I am currently employed as the IT Director for a medium sized company of 750 employees - with 19 branches and 4 overseas locations. I have been employed there since 1994.

I am a programmer, network engineer, computer systems analyst, security analyst among other areas of expertise.

Above all of this - I am a football fanatic - and most of all a FALCON FANATIC!

So please - tell the little twerp to learn to expand his vision.

I'm a Network Admin; co-worker is a UGA homer.

I know many IT staff from our other offices that are homers for their respective city's teams (Giants, Cowboys, Redskins).

I think the stereotype for IT people has changed dramatically since the 80/90s though I still know a lot of IT people that don't have a lot of... people skills.

Edited by Porkins

Education - Masters Degree in Computer Science, Masters in Accounting, 30+ years of various programming, networking, computer related degrees, certifications and refreshers - including MCSE, CCNE, CCNA, A++, Network+, 14 programming language certifications, and so many more.

I've been in the computer field since 1975.

I am currently employed as the IT Director for a medium sized company of 750 employees - with 19 branches and 4 overseas locations. I have been employed there since 1994.

I am a programmer, network engineer, computer systems analyst, security analyst among other areas of expertise.

Above all of this - I am a football fanatic - and most of all a FALCON FANATIC!

So please - tell the little twerp to learn to expand his vision.

you just may be the smartest person i have ever interacted with.

"Sales don't count"

hehehehe

My company does automation. Our sister companies mainly do retail. I float around between them fixing servers... but I've often ended-up manning a sales counter.

Most of the time I'm on the internet anyway... so football forums are my "screensaver." Yes. I'll go with that.

I spent a career in IT before I went back to school and earned a degree in Information Security. Currently free lancing as an infosec consultant.

I did programming, software design, project management, EDI development, training, technical writing and consulting. Was a member of the ASC X12 Committee during the glory days.

I have never been at a loss for someone to talk sports with at any of my employers or clients.

Edited by Old fan