Restored Faith Or Cautious Optimism?

ol'_dirty2

It's very early in the season...too early in fact to really judge where this team is from a competitive standpoint. Surely, there was cause for concern after the shalacking we took from a sub-par Chicago Bear team. And after yet another nailbiter against a very good Eagles team we showed that we have a penchant for the dramatic comeback. So, at this point in the season...where are you on the continuum? Are you unwavering in your confidence in the team or is there a contest or two you still have circled as a true barometer for the success this team might have this season?

I take the Falcons 1 game at a time. I believe they can beat any team they face. They have the talent and they have the heart to do so. But, so do most of the other teams. Each week - it's a battle on the field. All I ask is that they give the full 60 minutes and never give up.

It is not always pretty and we are not always successful - but I'm with them 100% every game - win or lose.

I feel like that game the Falcons just won was the tipping point game for making the playoffs. They aren't on the Packers level yet but it's not important to be there the second week of the season.

So I feel good about the team. The important thing is to make the playoffs then peak when you get there.

The peaking when you get there part is where the Falcons struggled last year.

I am going to enjoy the season and have confidence in the team and it's chances. Of course I do that every year, but Philly was the game that I thought would show where this team is as far as progress. I expected a slow start because of the way the preseason was handled (thrown away in my opinion) and the lack of two a day drills at the shortened camp.

Restored Faith.

Whether or not you want to believe it, this past weekends Victory was a HUGE monkey off of the City of Atlanta's back, and the TD/Smith Regime.

From a make your boss happy stance, this was probably one of the more important games in a long while for the Falcons.

Now that it is over with, I believe we will get our act together, and start learning. We still have lots of kinks to work out (Offense Gelling, O-Line scheming, Defensive Line gelling, Hayden/Sanders).

Too be honest with you, I'd rather us hit our stride mid-way through the Season, and carry it into the Playoffs, then hit it early, and fizzle again.

TB is always a boxing match. We hit them, they hit back. The last man standing wins. I think that last man will be a Falcon.

We have issues on the O-line, which won't be much of a problem versus blackout bay. Everything else is coming together.

I'd say I'm as optimistic as I've always been. Get past the first part of this schedule with few injuries, and the Falcons should coast into the postseason.

I have no clue how this Falcons team is going to perform from week to week. I thought they'd handle the Bears pretty convincingly, they got their teeth knocked out. I figured the Eagles would walk all over us in a blow-out, we end up giving up way too much yardage and way too many points, but win anyway. You would look at this Bucs team and figure we've had their number for the past five games and on paper it looks like we should be able to get the win at Tampa. But the issues exposed in the first two games have not been fully resolved, especially when it comes to Sam Baker, The Human Turn-Style. I'm not super-confident we'll win this game, but it would be a huge disappointment to lose it with the kind of monster potential this team has.

Edited by PokerSteve

I'm just like most of the rest of you that said you're watching with guarded optimism. (we've been burned too many times haven't we? LOL!) This is life as a Falcons lifer. I'm still getting used to winning in back to back seasons! I do think the organization is headed in the right direction and making strides on creating a winning culture around here. But like Tandy said...one game at a time!

I don't get what the big risk is for fans. This is the best form of entertainment in Atlanta, but it is just entertainment. If I believe in the Falcons again this season and they fall short, it won't be anything new for me. The spanking in January did not disturb the space, time continuum and life went on.

Maybe it is just me, but it would not be nearly as much fun for me when they finally win a trophy if I had not remained a diehard fan who believed they would get it done. If they don't get it done in my lifetime, I have enjoyed the heck out of some football along the way.

Guest Negatorris

Falcon's aren't like the Hawks. I believe they hate to let fans down, and they love to win. I see a good future for this ball club. Can't wait for Week 5!

I never lost my faith... It's just a matter of time before we are hitting on all cylinders. Let's not forget that we haven't beat the Eagles on years. That win will do more than we know for our teams confidence, kind of like the win at the Superdome last year...