Dungy Says Bucs Will Stop The Run

SyCo

http://www.joebucsfan.com/

Dungy Says Bucs Will Stop The Run “Eventually”

September 21st, 2011

dungy.jpgFormer Bucs guard Ian Beckles (1990-1996) posed an interesting question to Father Dungy during The Ron and Ian Show on WDAE-AM 620today.

Beckles asked Father Dungy whether as the co-godfather of the Bucs defense he cringes watching the current Bucs try to stop the run.

Dungy said it will the Bucs’ run defense will come in time while the Bucs recover from the Jim Bates Experience.

“What it is is just experience with the system,” Dungy said.

“…I think they’re re-learning some of those lessons. I really do believe they have the right pieces in place. It’s just going to be a matter of getting down the reads and the reaction. I think the defensive line they’re putting together, they’re going to be a team that stops the run eventually.”

The Bucs have been better against the run in both games this season, though not enough to call them average on rush defense. Raheem Morris himself this week praised Sean Jones and Cody Grimm for containing Adrian Peterson and preventing him from breaking off huge gains.

Joe can only pray that streak continues against the Falcons.

Re-learning lessons? Maybe they should have paid better attention the first time! I'm going to go ahead and say Turner rushes for 938 yards this sunday

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

i hope bucs dont stop turner cuz lyrd knows we cant pass with matt ryan throwing the ball

As long as they're kept 20 yards & under you should be okay with Stain throwing.......as long as Turner keeps us honest.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Yeah we'll stop the run, eventually.

Eventually the game will be over.

We'll still win though.

If we play like we did in the 2nd half of last weeks game, we'll be fine. If Not we're gonna have to depend solely on Freeman. While it's obvious he's a much better QB than Ryan he can be susceptible to crucial interceptions and Grimes has his number. While Grimes is looking pretty bad so far and has no picks yet I can see him getting healthy real quick if we're having to throw the ball the entire second half.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Stack the box and have matt Ryan try to beat you. 65% of the time he can't.

I gotta feeling that's exactly what we'll do along with a shadow on Gonzalez. Take Turner & Gonzo out that's the game!

If we play like we did in the 2nd half of last weeks game, we'll be fine. If Not we're gonna have to depend solely on Freeman. While it's obvious he's a much better QB than Ryan he can be susceptible to crucial interceptions and Grimes has his number. While Grimes is looking pretty bad so far and has no picks yet I can see him getting healthy real quick if we're having to throw the ball the entire second half.

I see in the other forum around here that Quincy Black won't be calling the defensive plays anymore, and that Mace Foster had to make the calls late in the game.

Coincidence? I think not.

But he is still a rookie so the Falcons will fool him a few times on Sunday, just hope they don't break any of Mace's mistakes for a long TD.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I see in the other forum around here that Quincy Black won't be calling the defensive plays anymore, and that Mace Foster had to make the calls late in the game.

Coincidence? I think not.

But he is still a rookie so the Falcons will fool him a few times on Sunday, just hope they don't break any of Mace's mistakes for a long TD.

He looked great in the second half of last Sunday's game! I'm just a bit concerned about Gonzalez but I think we'll be rotating someone over to shadow him leaving Foster to concentrate on the run. As long as he doesn't get down on himself if he makes a mistake I think he'll be just fine. The kid's a MONSTER hitter! You can tell he LOVES to play!

I'd much rather see him in there than Black.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

THATS ONE TALL ORDER THERE! :D

Yes it is. But you didn't see the way they completely shut down Peterson in the second half of that game Sunday. They tried to run the clock down and couldn't! The Vikes had the lead until there was 31 seconds left! Don't get me wrong I like Turner, But he AINT A.P.! And with your question marks on the O-Line you all could be ripe for the pickin'!

I didn't say you were, I said you COULD be. Don't wanna upset the Rah Rah Ryan club! :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :P

Yes it is. But you didn't see the way they completely shut down Peterson in the second half of that game Sunday. They tried to run the clock down and couldn't! The Vikes had the lead until there was 31 seconds left! Don't get me wrong I like Turner, But he AINT A.P.! And with your question marks on the O-Line you all could be ripe for the pickin'!

I didn't say you were, I said you COULD be. Don't wanna upset the Rah Rah Ryan club! :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :P

YOU SEE, ...... YOU THREW MATT'S NAME IN THERE. YOU GUYS GET

ANGRY BECAUSE HIS NAME IS ALWAYS OUT THERE. AND YOU'RE

THE ONES THAT KEEP IT OUT THERE. WE WEREN'T EVEN TALKING

ABOUT MATT. WERE WE? B)

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

YOU SEE, ...... YOU THREW MATT'S NAME IN THERE. YOU GUYS GET

ANGRY BECAUSE HIS NAME IS ALWAYS OUT THERE. AND YOU'RE

THE ONES THAT KEEP IT OUT THERE. WE WEREN'T EVEN TALKING

ABOUT MATT. WERE WE? B)

I see your point........HERE. But I'm simply mirroring all the Homers. You like all the non-objective horseshit these kids throw out here? Like I said I thought you were better than that. :(

I see your point........HERE. But I'm simply mirroring all the Homers. You like all the non-objective horseshit these kids throw out here? Like I said I thought you were better than that. :(

I AIN'T NO MODERATOR JB. PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE THEIR OWN OBJECTIVES.

HORSE SH1T OR NOT, THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO IT. NOW DON'T THEY?

I THOUGHT YOU WERE A LITTLE MORE THICK SKINNED THAT THIS. REMEMBER

RULE NUMBER ONE ...... NEVER TAKE IT PERSONAL. AND TAKE JUST AS

MUCH AS YOU GIVE. HANG IN THERE OLE' BUDDY. :rolleyes:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

jb's incessant wah wah whining about the kids is getting a bit annoying. Your point is valid REV2, I never thought an ole crusty pirate like jb would take these things to heart. jb loves to dish it out but the ole swash buckler patience seems to be wearing thin!

Those far lefters... :lol:

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Whatever.... :lol:

You are correct though about my patience wearing thin with Homer Falcon fans that believe like you that the Sun Rises and sets by what Matt Ryan's underwear happens to be carrying in them on that particular day.

But..........at least you can do it with some flair. Like the rest of us regulars here, yes even the swampers! At least we put a little thought into what we post to see if it REALLY is funny. This kid and those like him have their best creativity from copying something one of us have already said and it's extremely annoying that they even think they belong on this Bus! A BOZO BUS????? ABSOFREAKINLUTELY! But you should have to prove worthy of riding in it! 90% of the RAH RAH RYAN Club have NOT! And FORGET ABOUT FOOTBALL TALK! If it's not a post or thread saying how great the Falcons or Stain are than it get's completely bogged down with their homer ********!

I can understand how you tolerate it since you like to pose as a Falcons fan. :P :lol: :lol: :P

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

jb, what your saying is true but it is affecting the way you are posting now? WFW has never seen you even worry with the like of them. What is it, the pirate lodge is shut down for repairs? bucman is off to college? Did buccies or Rays tcket prices go up? Man, you have a good life, kids, grand kids, and mrs jb...what's not to like you ole ole pirate parrot ******? :ph34r:

I just hate what these punks have done to this board!

You're right though. Pretty much every single post I make now is pointed towards these homer clowns!

They're the ones that declared war on RC in the obscene attempt to turn this into nothing more than an extension of TATF! I never realized just how much greater Saints fans are than Falcon fans! You KNOW I use to give them a fair share of ****! But they're like the most objective fans around compared to what's washed up here from TATF! :rolleyes:

I just hate what these punks have done to this board!

You're right though. Pretty much every single post I make now is pointed towards these homer clowns!

They're the ones that declared war on RC in the obscene attempt to turn this into nothing more than an extension of TATF! I never realized just how much greater Saints fans are than Falcon fans! You KNOW I use to give them a fair share of ****! But they're like the most objective fans around compared to what's washed up here from TATF! :rolleyes:

Bull Chit Bull Chit Bull Chit Bull Chit Bull Chit Bull Chit Bull Chit

Bull chit.

And you know it.

The saints fans here as just as big of homers as ANYONE.... and I do mean ANYONE in TATF.

They are not objective in the least. you just just like to agree with them to demean the falcons every chance you get.