Does Matt Ryan Remind Anyone Else Of Anyone?

Miller2Rison

After watching the game Sunay night and watching him take the abuse he did for 3 quarters and come back in the 4th qtr to lead the falcons to victory he looke John Elway like.

There is not many QBs in the league that can take that much of a beating and come back and win, i've seen Manning and Brady both play scared in the pocket after they have been beat on. I'm not saying Matt Ryan is a better QB than manning or brady bc we all know he's not on that level yet but if he can stay poised the way he does and come back an win i think we might have another Elway on our hands.

He's great at running the no huddle which is very manning like but when i watched him sunday the only QB i could compare him to was Elway.

I think he just won the most important game of his career so far and to do it the way he did was pretty impressive but since 2008 we all should know by know with matty ice behind center the game is never over, even if there is only 11 secs and no time outs ;)

The next step for Matt Ryan is to win a playoff game, he doesn't have to go to the super bowl he just has to win his first playoff game, than the next step is getting to the super bowl. Of course we need to beat Tampa on sunday and we need to get in to the playoffs.

My main concern-the deep ball. A lot of people say he has a weak arm but he can throw it deep but his accuracy on deep passes is what concerns me, they usually result in over throws on interceptions, i don't think his arm is weak but he doesn't have that pin point accuracy like Elway did on deep balls, i think if he can get that worked out than we will have something special on our hands.

Matty does not remind me of Elway. He's just Matt Ryan. His arms no where near as strong as Elways. Neither is his accuracy. Plus he doesnt have the scrambling ability Elway had. I guess they're both tough. That's about it. Please let's stop comparing our qb to hall of famers. He needs to win a playoff game and then lead this team deep into the playoffs first.

Matty does not remind me of Elway. He's just Matt Ryan. His arms no where near as strong as Elways. Neither is his accuracy. Plus he doesnt have the scrambling ability Elway had. I guess they're both tough. That's about it. Please let's stop comparing our qb to hall of famers. He needs to win a playoff game and then lead this team deep into the playoffs first.

Yeah Matt Ryan doesn't run his mouth and after last week proved to me just how tough he is. He is a different kind of talent like no other---so any compariosons are void

Honestly,

His mechanics remind me more of a "Peyton-light." That may be more of his small frame. He has that same poise and a pretty good release. Plus, he no huddles with Peyton's mannerisms. Which is funny, because I am pretty sure I read a interview where he said he studied Brady more.

Now, his knack for winning fourth quarter games is Elway-like, but others are right, elway was a completely different beast, not to mention, he was more of a lumbering giant (really big dude).