West Virginia Bans, Buys Back T-Shirts

Carter

Kinda funny... someone got the bright idea to print out explicit WVU shirts and sell them at the bookstore. The AD got upset when an ESPN camera captured the image of a WVU fan wearing a "WEST F****** VIRGINIA" shirt during their game against Marshall. SMH

Now WVU has banned the shirts and a student group is buying them back for $20. The public statement from WVU specifically names the LSU game and basically states that WVU fans need to represent the university better. Funny stuff.

***** WARNING: Linked story has an uncensored picture of the shirt *****

http://www.saturdayd...banned-tshirts/

Cussing doesn't make you normal any more than disliking cussing makes you uptight... :huh:

I don't see anything wrong with people who dislike vulgar language. And it's certainly not something you should present on a tv program meant for the whole family. I just think it's funny that the shirts were licensed by the university and even sold in the bookstore. It's not like the design slipped through the cracks or something, they knew all about it and now they're banning the shirts cuz they got on tv. :lol:

Guest Absconditus

I don't see anyone blaming the camera man. There are thousands upon thousands of fans to choose from to show when your camera gets the go light and this guy focuses on the one dude in the stadium wearing a t-shirt with a doody word on it. Wondering why he seems to be getting a pass.

I don't see anyone blaming the camera man. There are thousands upon thousands of fans to choose from to show when your camera gets the go light and this guy focuses on the one dude in the stadium wearing a t-shirt with a doody word on it. Wondering why he seems to be getting a pass.

Yeah the camera man or the production crew... they have easy ways to keep stuff like that from airing.