The Braves’ Post Season Fate May Be Decided Today!

Isosceles

If the Cardinals beat the Mets today, I see nothing else stopping them the rest of the way.

If they lose, the then-two game Braves lead might just be enough for them to hold on.

Last time Strasburg pitched against Atlanta, I really wanted him to do well and even get himself a win.

THIS time however, I hope the Braves ROCK him on every pitch!

Sadly, I do not see that happening.

Joe

I think we already choked the wild card away anyways.

What I wish Freddie had done:

NOT given Derek Lowe that start, or the TWO starts before. Yesterday he was 9-15!

In football and basketball, they sit underperforming players all the time. Why not in this?

I still contend that the slide really turned to a downward spiral when Chipper decided he wasn't feeling well enough but the lead was big enough for him to sit.

Would Pete Rose have SAT? (the player, not the gambler)

J

Unless this team somehow figures out how to beat the Nats and Phillies. The two teams have own them the last 3 or so years. Braves will have completed one of the biggest choke job baseball has seen. Always worry what the long term effect this will have on a team. Mets in particular never recover from their choke job they did.

Holy sh*t!

Last I checked at work it was 6-2 going into the 9th and I was like whatever...

I couldn't believe it when I was going to grab a bite to eat listening to the radio and the woman giving the sports recap said, "The Cardinals seemingly had everything wrapped up on their way to moving to within 1 game of the WC lead when a disastrous 9th inning happened..."

I literally hollered in the car!

For a week I'll say nothing but good things about the Mets...

Holy sh*t!

Last I checked at work it was 6-2 going into the 9th and I was like whatever...

I couldn't believe it when I was going to grab a bite to eat listening to the radio and the woman giving the sports recap said, "The Cardinals seemingly had everything wrapped up on their way to moving to within 1 game of the WC lead when a disastrous 9th inning happened..."

I literally hollered in the car!

For a week I'll say nothing but good things about the Mets...

"OH NO THEY DIDN'T!"

"OH YES THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I logged onto mlb.com when I got in today, checked the scores. I AMOST CRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS, my fellow friends, is exactly what the Braves needed Right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was listening intently to the game yesterday. Mets had a good chance, bases loaded, one run walked in to make it 2-1 at the time. But didn't score no more. Then the Cards upped it to 4-1 and I "knew" it was over!

Lo and behold! Awwwwwwwwwww. I am so happy!

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

We aint outta the woods yet, fellas. Let's just hope this was a wake up call to Freddi and the boys

It was one nice big push toward the clearing though.

Hey, if anybody is reading this, let's not lose hope should Strasburg make the Braves look silly tonight. He's like that you know.

I say the Braves absolutely need to take two from Washington.

Then if playing the Phillies for a chance to get to the playoffs doesn't motivate this team and if they cannot win 2 of those final three, heck they don't deserve to go!

Joe

It was one nice big push toward the clearing though.

Hey, if anybody is reading this, let's not lose hope should Strasburg make the Braves look silly tonight. He's like that you know.

I say the Braves absolutely need to take two from Washington.

Then if playing the Phillies for a chance to get to the playoffs doesn't motivate this team and if they cannot win 2 of those final three, heck they don't deserve to go!

Joe

This

Maybe history will sort of repeat it's self. In 2006 the Cardinals were pathetic during the regular season. They won only 83 games that year including losing on the final day of the season. The only reason they made the playoffs was because John Smoltz pitched a gem and the Braves beat the Astros to put the Cardinals in the playoffs. All the Cardinals did was win the WS. Hey I can dream can't I?