Nfl.com Official "hate The Falcons" Power Ranking

Elliot Harrison isnt a Falcon fan....

ATL.png

1-1 FALCONS

The Falcons weren't impressive for much of Sunday night, and escaped a home loss despite facing the Eagles' third-string quarterback in the fourth quarter. Jeremy Maclin catches that ball on 4th down, and the Falcons likely lose. Yet, a win is a win, so these birds stay perched at the 13-hole. One huge bright spot amidst all of the Matt Ryan fanfare -- who, by the way, threw two picks -- was the great play of Michael Turner, who had 146 yards from scrimmage and a touchdown.

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Edited by The Falcon Jedi Knight

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering rankings are only based on performances and not potential awesomeness...I think 13 is right about where they should be. I'd actually put the Bills and Redskins over the Falcons at this point. But I'd probably drop the Bears below you. I thought their win had a lot more to do with Falcons mistakes than any "power" on the Bears part.

But I'm a bear, what do I know...I suck the heads off fish.

Why the Saints could possibly be considered the #3 team in the league is beyond me.

It doesn't seem too far-fetched to me.

Anyways, while I do think 13 is too low, he is right, the Falcons WEREN'T too terribly impressive. I think he needs to ease up on Matt Ryan's judgement though. I mean, did he not see the offensive line?

Why the Saints could possibly be considered the #3 team in the league is beyond me.

Most likely because of our offense, and with our defense against the Bears. Because of that, our defense against the number one team in the power rankings looks a lot more like a product of the Packers and a lot less like a sorry excuse for a defense.

But as fansince78 said, power rankings mean notta.

The ranking is whatever, it's the comment that bothers me. If Maclin caught the ball, they'd have had another opportunity, that in no way means they would have been LIKELY to win. They were in 4th down for a reason.

How are the Eagles LIKELY to win if Maclin caught that ball? How? They would have had another set of downs but they were already put into 4th down before. I am fine with your placement of the Falcons but your obviously bias comment is ridiculous. You failed to mention that the Falcons were up 21-10 at one point when Vick WAS playing the game because Vick had turned the ball over 3 times and fumbled out of bounds another time. But you have to take the opportunity to point out Ryan's 2 interceptions but not mention that he had 4 TD passes and that the Falcons were 5-5 in the redzone or that Ryan orchestrated 2 back to back 80-yard touchdown drives IN THE FOURTH QUARTER while calling the plays himself in the no huddle.. GTFO of here with that crap.

The comment I left, I'm sure he'll never see it but it felt good to say.

" and BTW threw 2 ints"......really?....what about the 3 vick turnovers?

What about vick and the 3 turnovers? Whats that have to do with your ranking and Matty.

BTW vick was only responsible for one of those turnovers. You keep ignoring the fact that the one "INT" hit the ground. The one fumble was a miscommunication by the Offensive line on the hand off. Hardly his fault

What about vick and the 3 turnovers? Whats that have to do with your ranking and Matty.

BTW vick was only responsible for one of those turnovers. You keep ignoring the fact that the one "INT" hit the ground. The one fumble was a miscommunication by the Offensive line on the hand off. Hardly his fault

You don't have to explain. We already know nothing is ever Vick's fault and that the Eagles never lose, but just "give away" games.

Ha, we're behind the Cowboys?

lets put our homerism aside. The saints dismantled the bears, and stood toe to toe with GB. Just because you're a falcons fan doesn't mean you can't give credit to where it's due.

I don't think any of us can complain about any rankings. We haven't put together a complete game. It's great we win sunday, but we need to tighten up a lot of things before any of us start to worry about rankings. If we go down to tampa and best the **** out of the bucs, then we can start"expecting" better rankings.. Keep in mind, these rankings mean absolutely NOTHING.

lmao...........its never Vicks fault. its always someone else . Those dogs weren't Vicks fault either it was all the FBI hating on him and setting Vick up to fail

WHAT A CROCK

The ranking itself doesn't bother me. It's the half-a$$ed assessment done by a guy I've never heard of. Why note the 2 picks without contextualizing the situation? One was right at the end of the half on a miscommunication. Ryan was expecting Tony to turn and go out, it's the kind of route you have to throw before the break. Instead Tony sat down and NNamdi has the easiest INT he'll get all year.

And why the assumption that if Maclin hold on to 4th and 4 the Eagles win? It wasn't a touchdown pass that was dropped. They still would have had 17 yards to go, and it's not like Atlanta's never made game-saving plays in the red zone before.

Oh, and let me add this. You can cancel Atlanta getting real respect from those who don't watch this team closely until they rip someone in the playoffs. Until then a big regular season win is always going to be considered lucky. They'll nod and say "good job", but deep down they'll be waiting for the bottom to drop out in the post season.

Don't let Elliot Harrison steal your joy. We earned it after the stress of going through last week. We understand what this team is capable of.

What a friggin tool...

Shoulda/woulda/coulda lost....... :rolleyes:

I love the way he mentions Ryan's 2 picks (one of which was on a an almost-Hail Mary pass in the closing seconds of the half), but he fails to mention the 4 TD passes..... What a biased piece of garbage. Luckily, I don't ever read these "power rankings"...... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Elliot Harrison's (whoever the **** that is) opinion will not determine the outcome of the Falcons' season... I think they go by wins and losses.

I hate to be the flag-waving jingo who calls out people by nationality, but the dude is British (from Fulham, England)......

I give his opinion about as much weight as he would give my opinion on the Cottagers (Fulham FC)....... Guy has probably never even touched a football that isn't the round kind..... How these people get jobs voicing opinions on subjects in which they are entirely clueless is beyond me......

Edited by Hoppy™

Rankings mean nothing and this one means less because this guy obviously looked at a stat sheet to assess the game. The bears should be ahead of us. Hello? They beat us. When our record is better than theirs then we can make a case to be higher. The cowboys are going to be ranked higher than they probably should be every year. They're america's team. So don't worry about it

Rankings mean nothing and this one means less because this guy obviously looked at a stat sheet to assess the game. The bears should be ahead of us. Hello? They beat us. When our record is better than theirs then we can make a case to be higher. The cowboys are going to be ranked higher than they probably should be every year. They're america's team. So don't worry about it

Plus, like I said, the guy is British and never played a down in his life, so the rankings count even less than they usually do..... If I published a strong opinion about an EPL team, I'm pretty sure everyone in England would be saying, "What the **** does this Yank know about football?"

I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding when this tool was hired... He probably put on his resume that he had been covering football for years, but the folks at FOX didn't realize that he was referring to the sport that the rest of the world calls "football"..... Obviously, the guy is completely clueless about the game played on the grid iron.

lmao...........its never Vicks fault. its always someone else . Those dogs weren't Vicks fault either it was all the FBI hating on him and setting Vick up to fail

WHAT A CROCK

Can't dispute the facts. So you resort to red herrings. Nice try. Your concession is noted as well. Thanks for playing ;)