The Matt Bosher Story- Where Have I Seen This Before?

DaMeatTroughsEgo

He kicks in a dome in at least half his games & still can't get touchbacks in a year when the league moved up the kickoff spot & in a game his team only leads by 4 points kicks the final punt on a line drive to the one of the best punt returners in the league. No, I'm not impressed. He could've walked on this team with that skill set & the Falcons could've saved a draft pick. Good thing the tackling on special teams has been good because some of the plays have been real bad (ie. Weems doing a Jennings impersonation & letting balls getting downed inside of the 5 & shanked punts from our goal line). We are looking like the Chargers last year without the benefit of having a #1 statistically ranked offense & defense. Sorry, rant over.

Just remember, we gave up on a guy named Matt Prater a few years back...... he turned out pretty **** good. Lets give the kid a chance. Its only been two meaningful games and sharing kicks in 4 preseason games

Yeah...Prater has 10 TBs on 10 kicks this year. Only kicker besides Janikowski with a 100% TB rate.

He has played both of his games at home though, so....there is that.

The difference with Prater is that there was never any question about the strength of his leg.

Prater had at the time an accuracy issue & lost his job after the TB game in the Dome. I agreed at the time with his being cut because he sucked when he was here. Sometimes, that will light a fire under a player. Just like Ookie would've never opened a playbook if AB had taken him back.

Prater had at the time an accuracy issue & lost his job after the TB game in the Dome. I agreed at the time with his being cut because he sucked when he was here. Sometimes, that will light a fire under a player. Just like Ookie would've never opened a playbook if AB had taken him back.

Prater lost his job after he missed a chip shot and another FG at Jacksonville, which was the difference in the game. He only lasted two games, and he went 1 for 4 on FG in those two games.

His problem was nerves more than anything else, he was going to eventually get over it, but the Falcons were desperate for wins and couldn't wait.